• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turn Based Xbox One / PS4 Games

Nheco

MASSIVE CHALICE

Banner saga

This guy has a great taste.

Massive Chalice is great! Is basically a XCOM in a medieval magic world where you breed your heroes choosing the heirs of the great houses. Has some issues, but I think that someone who likes XCOM will like it a lot.

Olde_Tyme_Ninja

Neo Member

Massive Chalice is great! Is basically a XCOM in a medieval magic world where you breed your heroes choosing the heirs of the great houses. Has some issues, but I think that someone who likes XCOM will like it a lot.

I keep meaning to get back into Massive Chalice. The whole idea of playing with great houses and characters lineage over hundreds of years sounds awesome.

danowat

Banned
Children of Zodiarcs
+1

Great little game.

Apart from the almost vertical difficulty spike on the final mission.

Justinh

Forza Motorsport 6
God...
...Dammit...

I feel like two obvious ones for Xbox One BC are Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon, but I think some people might think that Blue Dragon isn't good.

I totally forgot about Massive Chalice. I've wanted to try and get into that game for a good while now, but I keep forgetting. I think it was a Games with Gold game, so I should at least try it out, I guess.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I also would go with

Persona 5
Valkyria Chronicles
Lost Odyssey (I think its available on XBX1?)

danthefan

Divinity:OS is GOAT tier turn based combat. Brilliant game, buy it buy it buy it.

Disgaea 5 is a turn based sRPG with a ton of depth and content. Story is typically nuts though so if that's really important you might be disappointed.

Qurupeke

Valkyria Chronicles is a surprisingly good game. The story is a bit cliche, but the gameplay is very fun. It has a lot of content and just the right difficulty.

Shadow Tactics
Invisible Inc
Shadow Tactics isn't really turned based. Enemies and NPCs are always moving in real time.

That said, I'd still recommend fans of turn based games give it a look, as I think it scratches that same itch with how you can tackle each scenario.

Check out Invisible Inc. It's like Xcom but stealth focused in a cyberpunk world. The levels are randomly generated too.
I've got to give this one another try at some point.

Think I was just let down by the UI after Mark of the Ninja. Doesn't feel like its designed well for the consoles, though its still completely usable.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Cosmic Star Heroine

It's like classic Phantasy Star meets Chrono Trigger with a hint of Suikoden. Can't go wrong with it.

1503522118-cosmic-star-heroine-20170624181910.png

Zukkoyaki

Steamworld Heist

It doesn't get talked about much around here but it's one of the finest turn-based games I've played in years. Best tactical shootouts you can find outside of XCOM.

Top Bottom