• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

And servers going off-line...must have found a critical.

So you can have enough credits to buy a Superior Cache after completing two Challenging Missions. I got a DeadEye and Lone Star classified piece from the same cache, one was a bonus item.

Edit: Nevermind just a normal scheduled 30 minute maintenance, apparently.

GazzaGSi

HVTs and roaming bosses finally have some use! They literally throw GE tokens at you. 150 from each LZ roaming boss and huge amounts from the weekly and daily HVTs. You can get over 4.5k GE Tokens just from HVTs.
Had loads of encrypted cache keys too, mainly from booting up and retroactive commendations being complete but getting plenty of fragments too. Got some nice gear and completed the Tactician bundle so unlocked the spacefarer pants.

Abit pissed that Masks are tied to how well you do within the GE. That's what I've read anyway so doesn't sound like there could be many...

Booted it up last night to refresh a bit before the update. Felt good to play again. Will be jumping in later this week to check out the changes!

rpcdrag0n

HVTs and roaming bosses finally have some use! They literally throw GE tokens at you. 150 from each LZ roaming boss and huge amounts from the weekly and daily HVTs. You can get over 4.5k GE Tokens just from HVTs.
Had loads of encrypted cache keys too, mainly from booting up and retroactive commendations being complete but getting plenty of fragments too. Got some nice gear and completed the Tactician bundle so unlocked the spacefarer pants.

Abit pissed that Masks are tied to how well you do within the GE. That's what I've read anyway so doesn't sound like there could be many...

Good shout, will be on those tonight if any-one fancies it - psn - rpcdrag0n

Mubrik

do HVT's adjust to amount of players? like can i reasonably solo even the hardest one?
cause i don't think MM works for HVT which is why i hardly do them in the first place

GazzaGSi

So... encrypted caches are only for skins and vanity items? What about exotic caches? How the hell do I get those?

Exotic caches are from legendary missions and incursions. Missions are doable via matchmake, some incursions I'd suggest a group with mics. Also weekly assignment caches drop exotic items, so the survival weekly and weekly combination of missions, DZ, enemies and crafting/collect materials.

do HVT's adjust to amount of players? like can i reasonably solo even the hardest one?
cause i don't think MM works for HVT which is why i hardly do them in the first place

MM at the hub for free roam or MM in the terminal doing star jumps by the HVT officers. People will know what you want and do the same thing. The missions do scale but I get overwhelmed by the LMB on the most difficult. Try the hardest HVT that is non High Risk Reward as you get multiple attempts for your Intel. High risk reward is a one go only, fail and you need to pay with Intel again.

Masks update:

Yannick has said they come from the leader boards in the GE.
3 tiers to the leader boards.
Tier 3 the top 50% will receive a mask.
Numbers weren't given for the other 2 tiers.
Did say that it's easy enough for at least 1 mask and casual/solo players will have a high chance.

IMO I still think this is Crap relating to the masks and there should be tasks stated that are required to be completed to get a mask rather than tie it to the leader boards.

Vashu

Masks update:

Yannick has said they come from the leader boards in the GE.
3 tiers to the leader boards.
Tier 3 the top 50% will receive a mask.
Numbers weren't given for the other 2 tiers.
Did say that it's easy enough for at least 1 mask and casual/solo players will have a high chance.

IMO I still think this is Crap relating to the masks and there should be tasks stated that are required to be completed to get a mask rather than tie it to the leader boards.

Oh, that is pretty meh, I wish they were random drops as all the other cosmetic things can be, or part of the loot chests.

But thanks for the info, it's a shame Massive wasn't really clear about how to get those.

I'm pretty much loving the update thus far and it just goes to show how difficulty, etc modifiers can make old content somewhat fresh again. Hopefully there's a decent amount of variety concerning said modifiers.

Got myself a cowboy hat among many other vanity items, completed Heroic Hornet's Nest with Critical Outbreak active along with all the other GE events sans for the Legendary Missions which I'll attempt to tackle next.

I haven't messed with the Ninja backpack or any new builds really as of yet as the existing ones are still as good as ever.

Edit: BTW you get like 1200 GE tokens (or whatever they're called) for doing Heroic Incursions with Critical Outbreak active.

Vashu

Well, went with a random group again, did Dragon's Nest and Subway Morgue on Challenging and Hard respectively, both with Critical Outbreak and it was a lot of fun. Sharing headshots is a fun mechanic actually XD.

Now I need a group to do the other three missions with Critical Outbreak to get the commendation.

Got quite a few double vanity items though, which is a shame. Even had the Striker shirt twice that way. I hope that will be changed to be honest.

Since I've never really played the game hardcore, mostly casual, I am happy I got a complete Nomad gear set, since I tend to die every so often. :D

I do have one complaint which is it is silly that classified gear can roll with extremely low armor values. At least raise the base (lowest amount) that it can roll as.

What? Really? 1500 what? PC? I've got like 100... lol

1500 Global Event Tokens (I think that's what they're called). Any Challenging Mission will net 750 a piece. You can get extra for having other modifiers active. Hard Missions also give them out as a completion reward as do just about everything else as well.

Vashu

1500 Global Event Tokens (I think that's what they're called). Any Challenging Mission will net 750 a piece. You can get extra for having other modifiers active. Hard Missions also give them out as a completion reward as do just about everything else as well.

Named enemies also drop GE, so HVTs add to them as well.

Vashu

Speaking of doing HVTs, if there's anyone who wants to team up to do them, send me a Private Message and I'll add you to my Uplay account. I play this on PC btw, not on consoles. :)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
If I value Coop PVE experience much more than PVP, then is it better if buy Last Stand--a PVP mode that comes along with an extra Incursion to play--or Survival, a mostly PVE mode but with no additional extras?

What do you guys think?

rpcdrag0n

If I value Coop PVE experience much more than PVP, then is it better if buy Last Stand--a PVP mode that comes along with an extra Incursion to play--or Survival, a mostly PVE mode but with no additional extras?

What do you guys think?

Tough one as the Incursion is arguably the best one but Last Stand isn't all that. Survival is a great mode but sadly I couldn't get very far with it and as hard as I tried I never completed a run - would love to but it didn't happen.

Personally, right now with 1.7 I'd go neither unless on sale and focus on the new global event missions and general play.

rpcdrag0n

I'm finding it a bit annoying that the 1500 GE caches also drop normal gear pieces, sure it's annoying that they drop exotics as they didn't add any new ones but it's nowhere near as annoying as getting standard gear pieces - these are absolutely everywhere in this game now. I spend half my time destroying standard gear pieces, I'm doing the GE stuff for Classified sets!

Opened 5 caches so far and had 3 classified pieces across 2 sets. Going to really struggle in a week to complete a set I think.

I'm finding it a bit annoying that the 1500 GE caches also drop normal gear pieces, sure it's annoying that they drop exotics as they didn't add any new ones but it's nowhere near as annoying as getting standard gear pieces - these are absolutely everywhere in this game now. I spend half my time destroying standard gear pieces, I'm doing the GE stuff for Classified sets!

Opened 5 caches so far and had 3 classified pieces across 2 sets. Going to really struggle in a week to complete a set I think.

I opened 14 Superior Caches yesterday and only twice didn't get a classified piece (once just two regular gear set pieces and another time with a regular gear set piece and an exotic) but it feels bad when it happens for sure. I hit the trifecta one time with two classifieds and a bonus one as well.

Unfortunately I have a crazy knack of getting Lone Star masks.

That said I'm not all that interested in these initial classified gear sets outside of maybe the Lone Star set (which I have 3/6 pieces so far).

Edit: Just to add, the mid-section of Napalm Legendary with Critical Outbreak active is a sniper's dream.

Named enemies also drop GE, so HVTs add to them as well.

Yeah, just about every activity drops GE Credits in one fashion or another. Challenging Missions is probably the fastest/easiest method to rack up the credits unless you find a good group to run Incursions with efficiently. Legendary Missions can net you close to 2000 GE Credits per completion and an Exotic (each initial completion per week) so that's another option but obviously a bit more difficult and time consuming depending on the group.

rpcdrag0n

Damn, that's a lot of credits lol.

I've been running Lex and doing HVT's to rack them up at the moment. First cache I had contained two regular pieces, I was shall we say...emotional.

Servers and matchmaking are making me cry today lol. 4 times I've tried to complete dragons nest, 3 times delta errors and the last time all was going well, got to the boss room and no one seemed to know how to doing it but me, not one person went to press a button but me, they just sat soaking in the endless enemies

Damn, that's a lot of credits lol.

I've been running Lex and doing HVT's to rack them up at the moment. First cache I had contained two regular pieces, I was shall we say...emotional.

And sure enough, my first Superior Cache today gave me two regular gear set pieces.

I won't have much time to play today other than late tonight so I played a lot yesterday.

GazzaGSi

Talk about a breath of fresh air, having a blast with the update. Got a full classified lonestar setup but haven't tried it yet and replaced afew of my DeadEye pieces with classifieds. Got some new shit hot vanity items as well for abit if customisation and finally the heroic dragons nest back pack skin, didn't realise I'd never actually completed it on heroic before. Thankfully Mubrik came to our aid as with the same as Manny, no one seemed to know what to do at the end and no one was using a mic.

Currently using a lovely Ninja, 2TA and 3 Reclaimer for heroic/legendary missions/incursions with plenty of skill haste to keep skills up healing and the mods from the support station. Haven't really played the role before, normally all out dps but enjoying something different playing a support/healer.

Being able to recalibrate 2 stats on the classifieds is a god send as well taking some of the RNG out of it.

Disappointed to not have even made the leader boards yet for a reward (hopefully a mask!) I'm around 8k places off, I don't know how long it'll last but there's currently over 40k registered on the leader boards so MM and player base is pretty healthy.

Vashu

And sure enough, my first Superior Cache today gave me two regular gear set pieces.

I won't have much time to play today other than late tonight so I played a lot yesterday.

Well, I've got three Classified DeadEye pieces out of 7 or 8 chests so far. I think I might be lucky, for now.

Had my first bonus piece in one of the 1500 chests, turned out to be Classified DeadEye Holster.

Think I'm going to switch up my Nomad set (got all pieces) with at least two of the DeadEye sets.

Also, mind if I add you to my friendlist on Uplay?

Disappointed to not have even made the leader boards yet for a reward (hopefully a mask!) I'm around 8k places off, I don't know how long it'll last but there's currently over 40k registered on the leader boards so MM and player base is pretty healthy.

Ugh yeah, I hear ya, I'm at position 15K in the No Rewards tier. Granted, I didn't get a lot of stuff done yesterday. Had a full HVT run today, got me quite a few tokens in the process, but still nowhere near enough to do what I want. Found out I completed the SEEKR set, which has only three vanity items, so I got myself some Space Boots. No Space Pants (insert SNL skit here) yet.

Dr.Acula

Banned
wait survival is free now?

also whats the best solo build now?

might check out 1.7 before going back to siege

EDIT: only for the weekend lame

Neat. I have the season pass and I tried to get a survival game on PC a few weeks ago and it was empty :( Hopefully this weekend will have some action.

Well, I've got three Classified DeadEye pieces out of 7 or 8 chests so far. I think I might be lucky, for now.

Had my first bonus piece in one of the 1500 chests, turned out to be Classified DeadEye Holster.

Think I'm going to switch up my Nomad set (got all pieces) with at least two of the DeadEye sets.

Also, mind if I add you to my friendlist on Uplay?

Sure, my Uplay ID is the same as it is here. I generally only play PvE activities but will venture into the Dark Zone for a change of pace or for part of the Weekly Assignment.

Yay, finally managed to snag a good group for dragons nest, breezed through it. Will really miss the headshot marking and damage boost from this GE.

Grabbed the commendation for finishing all the cleaner related missions with only a pistol too 😁

Edit - I think my only negative regarding the GE is the leaderboard and masks being linked, makes it really tough for people who mainly solo or matchmake. I'm clinging on at tier 1 at the minute but I don't think I'll stay.

rpcdrag0n

Woop got myself up to Tier 1 on the GE leaderboard. Tried Dragon's Nest with randoms and it's the only incursion I've never bothered doing so I was clueless, looked like they were too and we wiped. Will try it again later.

Vashu

I'm in Reward Tier 2 now! O_O

Did not expect that. Guess I gotta keep up playing every day to stay there.

I'll add you Mythic. Mine is my name here with the numbers 4, 3 and 8 added directly to it (no spaces). Anyone who wants to hook up, feel free to add me on Uplay as well. PC only btw.

Also, I'm a PVE player myself. I did hook up with a group and did some Dark Zone stuff, but I am not a fan. Although for my weekly I need to take down 31 Rikers and then I've done a complete weekly for the first time ever :D

So I don't care about extracting gear from the Dark Zone at this moment. XD

Had a lot of Phoenix Credits because of all the things I did as well, bought the Liberator to replace my Caduceus, best decision I made so far. Unfortunately, I've already done all my Weekly HVTs, but the Dailies can give some good stuff too.

GazzaGSi

Marco has put a good video on what he thinks of the masks being tied to the leaderboards.
Its not an accumulative thing over the amount of time played, it takes your best hour of GE tokens earned which then puts you in the relevant position and tier.

For example,
He got to the end on a mission, fast travelled to almost complete another and so on. Then went and did the final thing on each mission to complete them all within minutes, boosting his overall 1 hour GE tokens earned, then farmed the 5 minutes clear sky runs. You can also save LS caches and open them all after doing these previous steps to quickly boost your points even more. Madness.

Commendations would've been a better way to earn the masks. Some will do it quicker, others will take longer but they're available to all that way

Video:
https://youtu.be/0jrp_yYI9gc

Good video that, I only managed to get into tier 1 grinding lex and hvt's for an hour.

When do we get our mask? After the GE week, I guess? Once you're in Tier 1 I guess you can get knocked out into Tier 2(?), I have no idea how it works. With there seemingly only being three different masks I can't say I'm too bothered by it either.

Currently in Tier 1.

Speaking of GE, it's going to be quite boring next week. I think at minimum they should do every other week. Once every four weeks seems far too little. Maybe when we get the 1.8 content drop it won't feel that way but it will until then.

Edit: I had it wrong as Tier 1 is the lowest Tier while Tier 3 are the Leaders on the Leaderboards.

I'd love to get one of the classified gear sets... but the caches are too expensive... 1500GE each... and you're gonna get normal stuff too... that's not cool.

I'd love to get one of the classified gear sets... but the caches are too expensive... 1500GE each... and you're gonna get normal stuff too... that's not cool.

I've got 5/6 of the Classified Lone Star. I've gone back to an extremely aggressive style of play with this set as I just throw a revive Health Station down in a strategic area where if things go bad I can have a do-over of sorts in combination with the player talent that increases your speed when you suppress targets, I'm zipping around the play-space with my Showstopper and Pakhan destroying everything in my path.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
THE FUCK is Superior GE Caches only drops Final Measure or Lone Star for me? Either I am very unlucky or something is afoot! I mean, 15 caches so far and not a single gear outside those two? WTF?

With this Global Event the Superior Caches only have a chance of rolling DeadEye, Final Measure, or Lone Star gear sets. Exotics are the only other possibility.

Hoooooooooooooooo that explains things.

So right now finding stuff like for example Classified Tactician is just simply impossible?

It doesn't exist in the game yet.

Classified gear will be introduced by means of future Global Events although the way today's State of the Game reads Global Events don't seem to be on a set schedule (not just when but also how long) so who knows when the next one will be and what gear sets are coming with it.

Edit: And for the players wondering what happens to Classified Gear after Global Events end...

Classified Gear Drops after Global Event
-The 3 Classified Gear Sets of the Global Event will be added to the general loot pool
-They will have Exotic rarity
-They will be included in all caches players currently find Exotics
-They can also drop from the Named NPCs in the Dark Zone and the Open World (not Supply Drops)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It doesn't exist in the game yet.

Classified gear will be introduced by means of future Global Events although the way today's State of the Game reads Global Events don't seem to be on a set schedule (not just when but also how long) so who knows when the next one will be and what gear sets are coming with it.

Hmmm I see. I don't see this is explained anywhere in the game so I misunderstood about how things work... Man, Reclaimer and Tactician and Firecrest (basically skill builds) are my jams so it's kinda disheartening to know that only Lone Star, DeadEye, and Final Measure are available for an unpgrade right now... :(

Hmmm I see. I don't see this is explained anywhere in the game so I misunderstood about how things work... Man, Reclaimer and Tactician and Firecrest (basically skill builds) are my jams so it's kinda disheartening to know that only Lone Star, DeadEye, and Final Measure are available for an unpgrade right now... :(

My favorite setup currently is...

3-piece Reclaimer
2-piece Tactician
Ninja Backpack (gives me the 4-piece Reclaimer set bonus and 3-piece Tactician set bonus for free)

...which is incredibly all-around useful especially with me generally leaning towards balanced builds regarding survivability, damage output, and skill power.

Edit: That said, the Classified Lone Star set can be fun to use to change things up regarding playstyle and the 6-piece Classified Final Measure bonus sure sounds good too especially for group play. I really don't know much about DeadEye, PvP, or care what the meta currently is as I play with what I think is fun to use.

Top Bottom