• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Ghost recon you say ? What system ? I've been trying some low level peeps to play with, all match making are these tier 1 peeps

I'm around level 20 in GR on Xbox (will get for PC once there is is a deeply discounted sale). I've actually re-visited my 50% playthrough of Rise of the Tomb Raider and am enjoying myself more so with it than ever before so I'm going to try and finish it for the first time, I think.

Not to go too off-topic but there simply isn't much related to The Division to talk about, I finished up Rise of the Tomb Raider (only took, what...two years?) and actually liked experience much more than Uncharted 4 and I'm even considering some of the DLC, however, I think the game would have been much better if it restricted the player to just using the Bow with arrow mods and the iconic Tomb Raider pistols although I have to admit I did enjoy the shotgun and the Dragonbreath mod.

I saw Ghost Recon: Wildlands for PC was the Flash Deal this morning on GMG for $34 so I jumped on that for the extra visual goodness and FPS jump plus I hear it's great in 21:9 which I want to experience as much as possible since I got a new ultrawide monitor recently (mainly for The Division and Destiny 2 but once experienced it's hard to go back to 16:9).

rpcdrag0n

Recently double dipped on Rise of the Tomb Raider so I could experience it at a higher framerate on my new PS4 Pro (originally played on XB1) and it's a different game! So good.

Just about completed Ghost Recon Wildlands in a group of four and have pretty much hated it :)

Ashtar

Not to go too off-topic but there simply isn't much related to The Division to talk about, I finished up Rise of the Tomb Raider (only took, what...two years?) and actually liked experience much more than Uncharted 4 and I'm even considering some of the DLC, however, I think the game would have been much better if it restricted the player to just using the Bow with arrow mods and the iconic Tomb Raider pistols although I have to admit I did enjoy the shotgun and the Dragonbreath mod.

I saw Ghost Recon: Wildlands for PC was the Flash Deal this morning on GMG for $34 so I jumped on that for the extra visual goodness and FPS jump plus I hear it's great in 21:9 which I want to experience as much as possible since I got a new ultrawide monitor recently (mainly for The Division and Destiny 2 but once experienced it's hard to go back to 16:9).

Yeah i loved ROTTR, and I agree it was better than UC4, I played on Xbox and the lag was something else so I ended up using only stealth and arrows unless I was forced to.

but to be back on topic when is 1.7 dropping?

rpcdrag0n

Yeah i loved ROTTR, and I agree it was better than UC4, I played on Xbox and the lag was something else so I ended up using only stealth and arrows unless I was forced to.

but to be back on topic when is 1.7 dropping?

We don't have a date yet, I'm guessing 2-3 weeks from now.

Recently double dipped on Rise of the Tomb Raider so I could experience it at a higher framerate on my new PS4 Pro (originally played on XB1) and it's a different game! So good.

Just about completed Ghost Recon Wildlands in a group of four and have pretty much hated it :)

Yeah, after finishing it I wanted the DLC and ended up finding the 20th Anniversary Celebration edition (with all DLC) on PC for $20 and it's like a night and day difference similarly going from The Division on Xbox-to-PC. Game is quite a looker maxed out in ultrawide.

I was super burnt out on these third person type action/adventure games (Uncharted 4, Quantum Break, etc) when I was initially playing RotTR but have enjoyed it greatly this time around and even more so now on PC.

Anyone else here tried to play recently on PC and had the worst experience ever regarding Lag/Network issues?

I mean I've had some small issues in the past over the course of 70 days in-game but nothing like this as it isn't playable at all in any mode.

No network issues on my end as everything else regarding games or otherwise is working per usual.

Edit: Also, just ran the built-in benchmark and while I used to get 60+ FPS with everything maxed I'm now getting 46-49. I think it has received a couple minor updates through Steam since I last played but once again this game is a technical disaster which is another thing Massive consistently makes happen seemingly every few months one way or another.

GazzaGSi

The 1.7 Update is officially coming Tuesday August 15...

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/6stsar/state_of_the_game_august_10th_2017/

...hopefully the game is playable from a lag standpoint with server maintenance or whatever before then because it's an absolute joke right now on PC.

I've been on holiday for a week so just thought I'd check SOTG notes and see D3 is now obliterated in pvp. Watch a bunch of arse holes. 3 piece now 10% DTE and you take 20% more damage! RIP D3 for the second time.

Yeah, I'm seriously at a loss here in what to do/try next regarding the atrocious lag on the PC version. It is 100% unplayable.

On the same home network I can play Destiny and The Division just fine on Xbox as well as other multiplayer games on PC with no problems.

I've gone above and beyond in trying to find a remedy since this doesn't seem to be a widespread issue (I've seen a few posts here and there in other Division communities but again, nothing widespread).

I've checked and re-checked network settings.
Reset the router.
Changed cables.
Turned some background services and the like off (which I've never had any issue with playing The Division on PC before with them being on).
Reverted to older drivers that I have since updated since last playing The Division.
Etc, etc, etc.

My current experience with the game is like so...

See an enemy(s), put a clip of ammo into said enemy, nothing happens as the health bar remains full, suddenly I have a slither of health left yet I never saw myself get shot on-screen, try to use health skill (or any skill for that matter) or med kit to no avail or it activates many seconds later, and now I suddenly die for no reason as again nothing on the screen indicates anything.

...this just started happening for seemingly no rhyme or reason as I get zero disconnects but instead just extreme lag.

The closest thing to a hardware change would be adding a display port cable.

I haven't had lag on PS4 in a loooong time. Even on Survival which I used to get that connection to server is bad or something message, I don't get it anymore.

I haven't had lag on PS4 in a loooong time. Even on Survival which I used to get that connection to server is bad or something message, I don't get it anymore.

That's the confounding thing, it runs flawlessly from a network standpoint on Xbox for me. I wanna say it's something on my end but the only thing I've changed since I was playing the game regularly on PC (with zero issues) was the NVIDIA drivers and I added a display port cable for my ultrawide monitor freeing up another HDMI slot for my HDTV and I've since reverted back to the older display drivers in an effort to troubleshoot it to no avail. The only other thing I can think of at this point is a Windows Update causing it but that would have seemingly been identified already as a known issue.

We've all dealt with lag in The Division before to some extent, however, I never experienced it to this degree which is again not remotely playable/managable. I've read people complaining about lag since, well, launch. I guess now I know what some of them were experiencing.

Edit: I'm always using a wired connection for Xbox/PC (I generally don't play any multiplayer of any sort pertaining to Nintendo/Sony as those platforms are simply for the single player/exclusives for me so I set them up with a wireless connection) gaming but I have also tried wireless and turning wireless completely off but I get the same results in every scenario. I've also totally ruled out anything being downloaded/streamed, etc in the background while playing. Hell, I've disconnected every device and only had my Gaming PC connected to the network through ethernet and still get the same results.

Edit 2: This is basically what I'm dealing with on PC but I'd say my situation is a bit more severe especially when there are more enemies around...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpW19kk2NWg

...gonna hope the update next week fixes my issues otherwise looks like I'll be uninstalling followed by re-downloading and re-installing.

Edit 3: And FIXED by simply going to "Documents/My Games" and deleting the Tom Clancy's The Division folder that holds all the settings, configurations, and whatnot. One of the oldest tricks in the book when dealing with issues yet I didn't even give it a thought until after trying a ton of other possible remedies. I actually doubted that the settings would even still be kept there for such a modern game on Windows 10. Was pulling my hair out for nothing, oh well.

And I spoke too soon. Played for 3 hours straight with no issues late last night after deleting the settings/configuration folder. Started the game this morning only to have the same lag issues as before. Deleted folder again, same lag issues. Fuck-off game.

Ran a ping test (ping google.com -n 100) through Command Prompt with these results...

Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 100, Lost = 0 (0% loss)

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 15ms, Maximum = 17ms, Average = 16ms

...which shows everything is fine with the network. I give up.

That sucks.

Apparently they will never be able to actually fix this game's netcode. They probably fucked up bigtime during production, both in the netcode and in the game code as well (I mean, how many times did they make changes to the game only to find out that they screwed up instead of fixing something?)

net code has been iffy since the start, probably its a fundamental part of the code

I've had some issues here and there since launch but nothing remotely close to what I've experienced lately on PC which is rumored and pinpointed to a server maintenance in early August as problems persist and are more widespread than I thought.

I'm simply trying to level a 2nd character (up to level 18 now) while powering through the extreme lag at times. There have been a few instances the last couple days where I could play normally for stretches of time. You definitely wouldn't want to attempt anything like a Challenging/Legendary Mission or Incursion or Dark Zone/Last Stand with the game in this state.

Hopefully they identify the issues soon and/or it's fixed/better with the 1.7 Update.

rpcdrag0n

I've heard of issues on PC but not on console. Admittedly I took a break while waiting for 1.7 but jumped back on PS4 (pro) yesterday to get a load of caches as there was a 2x weekend on field proficiency caches. Got about 30 by grabbing all the collectibles as I was never bothered with them originally and they now net 110k xp :) Had no issues other than when my inventory was full and a cache went on the floor I had to stand in a specific position to pick it up.

Patiently waiting for 1.7 tomorrow to dive back in properly.

I've heard of issues on PC but not on console. Admittedly I took a break while waiting for 1.7 but jumped back on PS4 (pro) yesterday to get a load of caches as there was a 2x weekend on field proficiency caches. Got about 30 by grabbing all the collectibles as I was never bothered with them originally and they now net 110k xp :) Had no issues other than when my inventory was full and a cache went on the floor I had to stand in a specific position to pick it up.

Patiently waiting for 1.7 tomorrow to dive back in properly.

Yeah, playing on Xbox has been fine during this same stretch of having lag issues on PC.

rpcdrag0n

From the press release if any-one pops their head in to this thread and needs a nice summary...

Update 1.7 will bring several new features to Tom Clancy’s The Division, including:

· Global Events – The update will introduce a new event system that will challenge players to find new ways to play through time-limited activities featuring new gameplay modifiers. New Events will be available regularly and grant exclusive rewards upon completion. Players will also be able to activate additional modifiers for some missions and incursions, adding an extra layer of challenge that gives them a chance to yield more rewards.
Commendations – Previously called Feats, Commendations are a new built-in achievement system that will provide players with a series of tasks and subsequent rewards.
· Encrypted Caches – Caches are loot boxes with random customisation items and emotes inside. Players will be able to obtain Caches by gathering keys in the world, or purchase them with Premium Credits.
· New Gear and Customisation Options – New gear includes Classified Gear sets, new facemasks and Arm Patches. Players will also be able to re-customise their agents for free at the Barbershop.
· Survival DLC improvements – New scoring items will allow players to achieve higher scores. The reward economy has also been reworked so that time investment is more on par with other activities.

Update 1.7 is the first of two main free updates planned for Year 2 of Tom Clancy’s The Division. In addition to these major updates and in line with the development team’s commitment to continuously update and improve the game, Year 2 has already introduced several gameplay and quality of life updates and will add more in the coming months.

The first Global Event, Outbreak, will start on August 15th at 6PM UK time and end on August 22nd, and challenge players with new enemy behaviour due to the severity of the virus outbreak.

Additionally, Tom Clancy’s The Division’s second expansion, Survival, will be free this weekend from August 18th, 2PM UK time to August 20th, 8PM UK time simultaneously across all platforms. During this time, all players will be able to access the expansion for free and experience a completely new way to play the game with Survival mode. In this session-based mode hosting up to 24 different players in either PvP or PvE, agents are stripped of gear and must survive both the hostile environment and the threat of other agents and deadly Hunters scattered around the open world. Finding supplies, warm clothes and survival equipment is vital as players attempt to make it out of the Dark Zone in the midst of a devastating blizzard.

So these global events - are they truly global or limited to the Dark Zones or missions? Are they across all modes and free roam?

And they mentioned that global events exist but they didn't say what they are. What's the current Infection one do?

And have the usual keys you find in the world been replaced with these new encrypted cache keys? Or are they in addition to the near useless keys that already exist?

wait survival is free now?

also whats the best solo build now?

might check out 1.7 before going back to siege

EDIT: only for the weekend lame

From the post above

Additionally, Tom Clancy's The Division's second expansion, Survival, will be free this weekend from August 18th, 2PM UK time to August 20th, 8PM UK time simultaneously across all platforms. During this time, all players will be able to access the expansion for free and experience a completely new way to play the game with Survival mode. In this session-based mode hosting up to 24 different players in either PvP or PvE, agents are stripped of gear and must survive both the hostile environment and the threat of other agents and deadly Hunters scattered around the open world. Finding supplies, warm clothes and survival equipment is vital as players attempt to make it out of the Dark Zone in the midst of a devastating blizzard.

Edit: you saw it :p

Lame? I mean it's a paid DLC... it's cool to be able to try it for free.

Survival and Underground should not have been paid DLC.

I might have been able to talk some friends into coming back to this just for those modes, but not with a price tag on em.

Survival and Underground should not have been paid DLC.

I might have been able to talk some friends into coming back to this just for those modes, but not with a price tag on em.

Underground sucks. Pure garbage. Survival is really fun though. But I agree it should've been free.

rpcdrag0n

Underground is perfect for some new stuff, I tried to hard to get to level 40 but tapped out at 30 as it was so dull.

Survival lends itself really nicely to a PUBG style of game too imho.

rpcdrag0n

Installed and the global event appears to be live - so much for 6pm lol

Event is the same as the PTS by the looks...

Global event is across everything, playlist with added modifiers in is...Hudson, Amherst's, Napalm, Subway morgue and Dragon's nest incursion

Vashu

I haven't been active here yet, but I've been playing The Division for a while now. I really like it and every new update I get to do some fun new stuff. Although I am not a fan things like The Last Stand. :D

Survival was really great IMO, I kinda like survival modes in games and what they did with this was something very close to what I like in a Survival game.

The bad visibility, the ambiance, the excitement. It was a welcome thing. I am somewhat hoping they'll put all those survival elements in a updated mode without that timer, I just like walking around in that mode.

Anyway, played some 1.7 and I tried to match make for Dragon's Nest which now has the Outbreak thing added, having never played Dragon's Nest before. We came pretty far until one our teammates went AFK and we couldn't complete the crane section because of that. Even worse, another teammate left without warning and that section is undo able with only two people.

Haven't found any face masks yet, haven't figured out how to get them yet, but I like the addition, especially with the armored looks of some the sets. Reminds me a bit of Army of Two. XD

Imagine getting max level on underground during 1.3

Did it twice...

So far I'm happy to report zero lag issues or any other technical problems on PC version after the update. Fingers crossed.

There's enough here regarding rewards/builds to keep me busy for awhile which is just what I needed until Destiny 2 drops.

And I love exploding heads...

I haven't been active here yet, but I've been playing The Division for a while now. I really like it and every new update I get to do some fun new stuff. Although I am not a fan things like The Last Stand. :D

Survival was really great IMO, I kinda like survival modes in games and what they did with this was something very close to what I like in a Survival game.

The bad visibility, the ambiance, the excitement. It was a welcome thing. I am somewhat hoping they'll put all those survival elements in a updated mode without that timer, I just like walking around in that mode.

Anyway, played some 1.7 and I tried to match make for Dragon's Nest which now has the Outbreak thing added, having never played Dragon's Nest before. We came pretty far until one our teammates went AFK and we couldn't complete the crane section because of that. Even worse, another teammate left without warning and that section is undo able with only two people.

Haven't found any face masks yet, haven't figured out how to get them yet, but I like the addition, especially with the armored looks of some the sets. Reminds me a bit of Army of Two. XD

For Dragon's Nest final boss battle, use Reclaimer builds and go far left upper corner after entering room and first initial phase, it becomes easy on any difficulty with that setup/strat.

Edit: I should say that the Dragon's Nest final boss strat won't be a good idea with the Severe/Critical Outbreak modifier active but regular modes (any difficulty) and the base Outbreak modifier will be fine.

Top Bottom