• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ - zombie apocalypse online FFA permadeath survival Arma II mod

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
is the channel chat always dead and unresponsive?

Yes, only direct comms and vehicle comms work in game. But be warned the former does attract zombies. Most people use 3rd party software anyways. GAF uses Mumble. Its nice and helpful but at the same time kind of ruins the atmosphere of the game since you can talk and scheme and identify without anyone in game the wiser. Hopefully in the future character models will be customizable enough that people can differentiate one person from another more easily so we can use the ingame chat.

gutabo

Ok, some of my friends are going to hop in because of the steam sale, but they don't have steam(neither do I). How much of a hussle is it? Both of them are most likely going to use my paypal account to pay, is there a problem with that?

Been playing the whole day on the GAF server, came up on a MASSACRE, three dead survivors and a ton of zombies. Waited for anyone to run up and claim the gear before taking one of the guns... I haven't found a gun before! So empowering...running through the woods now, trying to NOT find something to use it on.

Also, the GAF mumble is deeeead.

Quikies83

Been playing the whole day on the GAF server, came up on a MASSACRE, three dead survivors and a ton of zombies. Waited for anyone to run up and claim the gear before taking one of the guns... I haven't found a gun before! So empowering...running through the woods now, trying to NOT find something to use it on.

What's your handle??

RyanDG

Which gag mumble are you on? I've been on off and on for a while. There's a semi new one (not posted in the op I don't think) that people have switched to.

Quikies83

I've been on the "Main Party" channel under dayz on the gaf mumble main server for the last 30 minutes.. i haven't seen a single person join.

RyanDG

I've been on the "Main Party" channel under dayz on the gaf mumble main server for the last 30 minutes.. i haven't seen a single person join.

There's a post one or two pages back with the updated information. I can't quote it right now since I'm on my phone. The one you are on is the old one.

NFreak

Sorry, noob here but I get this message when I try to join any servers: "addon dayz_anim requires addon CAsigns2". Anyone know what I need to fix that?

Megasoum

Banned
I finally picked up the game today but I'm having issues with the graphics.

I'm getting some kind of dark fuzz around everything in the world. It's really weird and annoying.

I played around with the settings in game, tried a bunch of things but didn't find any solutions.

arma2oa2012-07-2116-5psuhr.png

arma2oa2012-07-2117-2x9uul.png

So yeah my game was working more or less fine. Now I can't connect anymore. Ever time I try to connect it says "Wait for host" the menu shows up showing all the player for 2 seconds then it goes back to the menu screen. And I can't connect to anything when I go to "multiplayer" it says I can't connect because I didn't install dayzguns or similar stuff.

Also during the twenty minutes I played the game, I didn't have a world map available and walked around for thirty minutes without seeing anybody. I assume this is normal and "the point"?

No idea whats with all the surrounding white but whatever said:

I finally picked up the game today but I'm having issues with the graphics.

I'm getting some kind of dark fuzz around everything in the world. It's really weird and annoying.

I played around with the settings in game, tried a bunch of things but didn't find any solutions.

arma2oa2012-07-2116-5psuhr.png

arma2oa2012-07-2117-2x9uul.png

Trying going into the ArmA2OA.cfg file in "...\My Documents\ArmA 2\" and change "AToC=7;" to "AToC=0;"

See if that does anything. Make sure to save the file and to edit it with the game fully closed

Megasoum

Banned
Trying going into the ArmA2OA.cfg file in "...\My Documents\ArmA 2\" and change "AToC=7;" to "AToC=0;"

See if that does anything. Make sure to save the file and to edit it with the game fully closed

Hmm didn't changed much but it's raining right now so I'll wait to see it in the sun...

And now I just died because I tried to prone between a fence and a tree...ugh lol.

Vaati

Banned
I bought CO and am using Six Launcher to update but when I play it seems like the graphics are really muddy even though I have both Arma 2 and Arma 2: OA.

Hylian7

What exactly am I doing wrong here? I can't seem to join any server because they require 1.62, yet that's what it says I have. I used Dwarden's Updater listed in the OP.

Edit: I found one that actually works for me, then it says "Error: No entry in bin/cfg/weapons". What am I doing wrong?!

G.Newell

So just getting back into this game after not playing it for a long while, i hop on the "GAF" server and within 5 mins a stranger comes up to me and hands me an akm with 7 mags of ammo.

What happened to everyone murdering everyone on site? Have the GAF repented their sinful ways?

Ceebs

WTF...my Ammo just vanished. I thought I was putting it into my pack and now it has just vanished. Not on the ground, in my inventory or my pack.

Atomski

WTF...my Ammo just vanished. I thought I was putting it into my pack and now it has just vanished. Not on the ground, in my inventory or my pack.

Was your pack full? If so that is a known bug.

So just getting back into this game after not playing it for a long while, i hop on the "GAF" server and within 5 mins a stranger comes up to me and hands me an akm with 7 mags of ammo.

What happened to everyone murdering everyone on site? Have the GAF repented their sinful ways?

I try to be nice to people, specially if you are in mumble. Sometimes people sneak up on me though and I just shoot like a madman. Im jumpy :p.

Megasoum

Banned
Wait so you can't use a bloog bag on yourself? I'm down to like 3k blood and got a bunch of blood bag on me but I can't right click in the inventory...

I'm all cool and set up, but I'm manually installing the mod etc... Guess that link posted at the top of this page is a good thing to favorite to get the lastest arma 2 builds... seems like all I'm missing is 1.62 now.

JambiBum

Does anyone know if your character can transfer to a different pc? I'm finally getting a real gaming rig next week and I will be sad if I lose my current character

stryke

There's a big difference between the base price and the combined price considering I just got laid off today.

Well sorry to hear about that, hopefully it turns around for you...but yeah, Combined Ops is the only way to go...if you really want to play DayZ, you can try getting Arma II Free (difference is lower res textures and few other things) and just buy the expansion pack.

Why the majority of the servers that appear on my game have a "red cross"?

I am really lost.. i used the "Worrom Updater"... i entered ARMA2 OA, marked @DAYZ and DAYZ expansions, and then i go to multiplayer, but i cant enter the servers :(

Atomski

Ill post the instructions I used when I got Dayz.

- Download Steam and install it
- Run Steam as Administrator (r-click the Steam shortcut to do it)
- Download Arma 2
- Download Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead
- Run Arma 2 once (you can exit once the main menu shows up)
- Run Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead once (again, exit once you see the menu)

Step 2: Installing DayZ
- Download all the .rar files from armafiles.info/dayz (any mirror will do)
- Go to your Operation Arrowhead folder (default would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\)
- Make a folder inside this folder called @DayZ
- Make a folder inside the just created @DayZ folder called Addons
- Unrar all the files you downloaded here

Step 3: Installing the beta patch
- Go to http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php and download what ever .zip files is on top of the page on the green background
- Unpack the .zip file
- Run the .exe file inside as an Administrator
- Click OK, Yes or w/e it asks of you until it's all done (if Windows says it wasn't installed correctly, don't panic - it was)
- Go to your Operation Arrowhead folder (where you created that @DayZ folder) and go to Expansions folder and then beta folder (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta)
- Copy arma2oa.exe in to the Operation Arrowhead folder (the same one where you created the @DayZ folder) (if you want to be safe, just take a backup of the original file here since you will be replacing it.)
- In steam r-click Operation Arrowhead and select Properties and then Set Launch Options
- Copy/paste the following in the line: -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -world=empty -mod=@DayZ

Step 4: Running DayZ with the beta patch- Double-click Operation Arrowhead in steam and a small window pops up
- Select Run as Combined Operations (should be the bottom most option)

Step 5: Enjoy.
- Eat beans
- Get killed
- Repeat

Step 6-1000: Upgrading to the latest DayZ or the latest beta patch
- If DayZ updates, just download new .rars from armafiles.info/dayz and extract to the original location (those folders you created, remember? \@DayZ\Addons\)
- Above step is easy and you only need to download, unpack and replace files that have changed, not every single file (you can see this from the dates at armafiles.info/dayz)
- If a new Operation Arrowhead beta patch is released, just download it from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php and unpack, run the unpacked .exe as Administrator and replace your current arma2oa.exe with the new one that was just now created in \Expansions\beta.

Top Bottom