• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Credit where credit is due: Squeenix and Nier: Automata

vato_loco

I love how Automata resonated so much with so many of you. 2017 has been so far an incredible year for games, and it shows no sign of slowing down. Not with Persona 5 in the horizon, at least.

I sincerely hope SE sees what it has with Automata and gets the right message out of it. There is a market for games like this. There is a reward for risk taking if you bring a quality product to the table. They played good cards, played them right, and I sincerely hope it went well for them. We won't know until they choose to release western sales numbers, but I'm confident they'll have breached the million mark by then.

Crayon

I actually loved it, I spent most of my time initially on the dragon, which got me just far enough in to start noticing the story was going in some... interesting directions. Once they introduced the baby-eating lady, I was hooked and made it all the way to the final final final boss
which was a fucking rhythm hell minigame that I never did beat

It was played very straight in the beginning, so I understand not being able to get into it.

You know I think I only got like two hours in. At the time, ps2 games were on fire and I really expected drakenguard to be another lavish super production from square. I am super curious to it now.

Carl7

Agreed. It was not a safe bet by Square but the game turned out to be so good. I loved it and it is so far my favourite game of 2017.

Kthulhu

I went into Automata expecting a really good game. I never thought it'd become my GOAT. Persona 5 might not even surpass it for me, not gonna lie. (I haven't played 5 yet, but I am expecting it to knock my socks off like 3 and 4 did)

After finishing it and letting myself think about the game for a few weeks I can for certain say that Nier Automata is probably the best game I've ever played.

I can't help but love everything about it despite how imperfect it is (not bad, just imperfect).

This is coming from a person who has never played a Taro game unless you count watching and LP of the original Nier.

Lucentto

Banned
This game somehow beat Zelda for my GOTY so far. I beat Zelda after Nier. Yet weeks after I am still thinking about this game, Zelda has practically left my mind, even though it was still fantastic.

Kthulhu

This game somehow beat Zelda for my GOTY so far. I beat Zelda after Nier. Yet weeks after I am still thinking about this game, Zelda has practically left my mind, even though it was still fantastic.

Same, and BOTW was fantastic, but I can't shut up about Nier.

Top Bottom