• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Grumps (aka Egoraptor plays some games)

Banned
Have Game Grumps dropped PMTTYD? If so, that's a shame as I was really enjoying that series.

Haven't really been enjoying Pokemon Sun, it's really boring to watch. I would have rather they drop that instead.

Yoooo Chrono Trigger with Arin

I am super pumped for this. AS this is my favourite game of all time. I don't know why but I always get so much enjoyment from this game, whether I'm playing it or other people.

Pretty much anyone that plays this game as a lets play is guaranteed to have me watch the entire thing.

The one thing I'm a little down on Dan not being there. I always enjoy his reactions to some of the older games he missed.

I am super pumped for this. AS this is my favourite game of all time. I don't know why but I always get so much enjoyment from this game, whether I'm playing it or other people.

Pretty much anyone that plays this game as a lets play is guaranteed to have me watch the entire thing.

The one thing I'm a little down on Dan not being there. I always enjoy his reactions to some of the older games he missed.
I really, really wanted to see his reaction to
Crono's death

Lucreto

I have to give the Chrono Trigger one a watch. It's been years since I played it and I wonder if it's still meh like I remember it.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I really hope this isn't the beginning of Danny phasing himself out. I know I missed Jon so much when he left but Danny made me so happy. I can't imagine anyone else doing the same now. Especially not one of the people already there. Whom I love all of. Including Suzy sometimes. (Sorry Suzy.)

I'd rather have more Danny. Danny by the barrelful. 24/7 Danny all the time.

I really hope this isn't the beginning of Danny phasing himself out. I know I missed Jon so much when he left but Danny made me so happy. I can't imagine anyone else doing the same now. Especially not one of the people already there. Whom I love all of. Including Suzy sometimes. (Sorry Suzy.)

I'd rather have more Danny. Danny by the barrelful. 24/7 Danny all the time.

I doubt it. I think Arin is just enjoying the single playthroughs, and they are trying to figure out some big stuff, clearly. I think you'll be fine.

I wonder if they expanded too fast and added a bunch of people, and then with YouTube's latest changes or whatever took a hit to revenue that they can no longer afford with so many people on the team.

I wonder if they expanded too fast and added a bunch of people, and then with YouTube's latest changes or whatever took a hit to revenue that they can no longer afford with so many people on the team.

nah

Ross has been workign on gameoverse, barry is...I don't know what barry is doing, and since ross is practically steam train, there's no reason to continue it.

Danny being busy is understandable, suzy has her own channel, and well..that's the show.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
nah

Ross has been workign on gameoverse, barry is...I don't know what barry is doing, and since ross is practically steam train, there's no reason to continue it.

Danny being busy is understandable, suzy has her own channel, and well..that's the show.
I remember when Danny was Steam Train.

RetroMG

Solo Danny is awesome. Solo Arin is ok.

I hope Danny gets in on the Chrono Trigger. That game is going to take forever.

CT is a relatively short game, shouldn't take that long.

I mean, it's going to depend on how much of it he does. If he does all the sidequests for the full ending, that could take quite a while. Dan getting into it would be great, because I think it's the kind of game he would adore.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Wow. They got Finn Wolfhard from Stranger Things as a guest and it's pretty good.

Danny opens it with swearing and the kid references When Harry Met Sally.

Crash Team Racing

He's a huge GameGrumps fan.

"I can't say dickwaffles?"

Edit: Okay, I'm only halfway in and this is one of my favorite episodes ever. A 37 year old, a 30 year old and a 14 year old all with the same sense of humor. And it sounds like they're gonna be doing more episodes. Who's up for some Alvin and the Chipmunks apparently?

Wow. They got Finn Wolfhard from Stranger Things as a guest and it's pretty good.

Danny opens it with swearing and the kid references When Harry Met Sally.

Crash Team Racing

He's a huge GameGrumps fan.

"I can't say dickwaffles?"

Edit: Okay, I'm only halfway in and this is one of my favorite episodes ever. A 37 year old, a 30 year old and a 14 year old all with the same sense of humor. And it sounds like they're gonna be doing more episodes. Who's up for some Alvin and the Chipmunks apparently?
Oh my God this episode is amazing.

What were some other let's players people recommended earlier? Can't get into either series they're doing now so it's going to probably be a month or two before I have any watchable content at this rate.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Super Beard Bros.
ProJared
PB and Jeff
Super Best Friends
ContinueQuest
GameSoup
NerdCubed
DashieXP (Warning: Rage)
PreviouslyRecorded (Warning: PreviouslyRecorded)
Commander Holly (Warning: Really sugary)

What were some other let's players people recommended earlier? Can't get into either series they're doing now so it's going to probably be a month or two before I have any watchable content at this rate.

The above list is good, I'd also recommend Deceased Crab. He was one of the early LP pioneers and still releases stuff from time to time, and it's almost always games off the beaten path.

Super Beard Bros.
ProJared
PB and Jeff
Super Best Friends
ContinueQuest
GameSoup
NerdCubed
DashieXP (Warning: Rage)
PreviouslyRecorded (Warning: PreviouslyRecorded)
Commander Holly (Warning: Really sugary)

I really like ProJared's lets play channel because he plays some really unique shit like old school D&D games.

The above list is good, I'd also recommend Deceased Crab. He was one of the early LP pioneers and still releases stuff from time to time, and it's almost always games off the beaten path.
Sweet, thanks. I only remembered super beard bros so I watched some of theirs last night. I generally like Commander Holly but the games she plays are super hit or miss for me so it comes down to the playthrough for whether I like a series so I'll watch it for stretches and then find nothing I like for long periods too.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Sweet, thanks. I only remembered super beard bros so I watched some of theirs last night. I generally like Commander Holly but the games she plays are super hit or miss for me so it comes down to the playthrough for whether I like a series so I'll watch it for stretches and then find nothing I like for long periods too.
Beard Bros have a pretty big catalog of stuff they have played. I discovered them during Kaizo III and went back and watched I and II and then just expanded out from there. Now they're one of my dailies. The best part is THEY ALWAYS FINISH THE GAME. He just finished I Wanna Be the Guy even though he wanted to give up so bad. They've done a lot of Mario and all kinds of stuff. And they're entertaining to listen to most of the time. Definitely enough content to keep you occupied. They also did Link to the Past Randomized recently. That was wonderful.

Commander Holly is good depending on the game and who she's with. I don't watch all her stuff. Only when it's something I'm interested in.

ProJared also did LTTP Randomized recently, then followed it with LoZ Randomized and both were great. And he just finished Kirby's Adventure yesterday. I like him.

PB and Jeff are my new favorites. I don't know why I like the two of them, they just work so well. They just finished Super Mario World Randomized and it was pretty amazing. And are currently doing Minecraft Hardcore Season 5. I went back and watched the other 4 seasons. Season 1 was linked a long time ago as having JonTron in it, JonTron
of course won season 1 with Barry when he killed the Ender Dragon by himself

GameSoup does episodes every couple days. Sometimes it's a series of episodes for a game like Shantae, and others it's a one-off "Let's just see what this game we've never played before is" and others it's a bunch of random games for a few minutes. I like them. Although one of the two of them did dive into some political stuff a few weeks before the election, but it was only that one episode, and the episode was marked clearly so you can avoid it.
(He's Pro-Trump. Or at least was.)

Continue sometimes gets flak for being "loud" but I love them. And their Quest series is really fun. They're still working on Chrono Trigger (Started well before Arin) and play other games in between, sometimes as one-offs.

Everyone knows who Super Best Friends are. They have their own threads.

NerdCubed is great. He sounds like Moss from IT Crowd and is extremely entertaining. I HIGHLY recommend the first episode of when he played "Job Simulator" in VR. It's wonderful. As are the other three episodes. Currently he's completing Watch Dogs. He'll either complete a game, or show off what it is, or show off how shitty a game is. And he's always wonderful. Yesterday he did some GTAV challenges suggested by Patreon subscribers.

DashieXP is fun depending on the game. I mostly like when he plays Mario. But he is a "rager". Whether it's real rage or fake, he can be loud. But I really love the guy. He's cuddly. And he now has his own plushies. He's best when he does Mario Maker. But lately he's done Mario Run as well and sometimes does Mario Kart. But he plays other stuff. I just prefer Mario.

PreRec is PreRec. If you don't like them, you don't like them. Their stuff is just Twitch archives so it's a lot of long video content and you never know what the discussion will be. I usually watch if I know it'll be a fun game to watch or I have time to kill.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
The only ones I know from this list.
I recommend giving NerdCubed (Dan Hardcastle) and GameSoup (They do really good in-depth looks at game mechanics from time to time) a look. They might have some really good stuff. Even if you just check out their videos when it's something you might be interested in.

And the Beard Bros are a must. Definitely go to their channel, look through their playlists and find a game you like and see if you might like them. I think they have just as good a friendship if not better than Danny and Arin. Same with PBG and Jeff. The three duos have really good chemistry. Beard Bros are currently playing Red Dead Redemption, The Last Guardian, Dark Souls III and Shadows of the Damned and as I said, they just finished I Wanna Be the Guy. Recently they 100% completed Super Mario 64 DS and LTTP Randomized and before that 3D Dot Game Heroes, Mario is Missing (Drunk), Saw II, The Order 1886 and did a buttload of Mario Maker levels suggested and made by viewers. The only problem is they do like to repeat the same inside jokes, but it's great. If it hasn't been said, the Beard Bros. are Jirard the Completionist and his friend Alex, who doesn't even have a beard anymore. (Blasphemy!)

I'd also recommend Patrick Keplek if he were still streaming. I guess he's been too busy to continue Mario Maker Mornings.

Timu

I recommend giving NerdCubed (Dan Hardcastle) and GameSoup (They do really good in-depth looks at game mechanics from time to time) a look. They might have some really good stuff. Even if you just check out their videos when it's something you might be interested in.

And the Beard Bros are a must. Definitely go to their channel, look through their playlists and find a game you like and see if you might like them. I think they have just as good a friendship if not better than Danny and Arin. Same with PBG and Jeff. The three duos have really good chemistry. Beard Bros are currently playing Red Dead Redemption, The Last Guardian, Dark Souls III and Shadows of the Damned and as I said, they just finished I Wanna Be the Guy. Recently they 100% completed Super Mario 64 DS and LTTP Randomized and before that 3D Dot Game Heroes, Mario is Missing (Drunk), Saw II, The Order 1886 and did a buttload of Mario Maker levels suggested and made by viewers. The only problem is they do like to repeat the same inside jokes, but it's great. If it hasn't been said, the Beard Bros. are Jirard the Completionist and his friend Alex, who doesn't even have a beard anymore. (Blasphemy!)

I'd also recommend Patrick Keplek if he were still streaming. I guess he's been too busy to continue Mario Maker Mornings.
This actually all sounds great. I hope to remember to check them out later on.

Of course they dropped The Last Guardian, the one damn game I wanted to marathon when they finished it. Just let Danny play it. The Shadow of the Colossus play-through is by far my favorite run of theirs.

Maybe someone can help me find the quote, but there was an ep (I think it was recent) where Arin says something along the lines of if you wanna shut a bully up just say like ok to whatever they call you.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
YouTube scared me to death with this bug:

jg5iDdk.png

The episode's 12 minutes long. I thought they did a 4 minute episode for a minute and wanted to see what could possibly happen to cause it. Like they suddenly decided to drop the game less than halfway into an episode or something.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I don't like when they play brand new games. I actually want to play RE7 and TLG so I don't watch those episodes.

But then I think back to the Giant Bomb Persona 4 playthrough that I skipped because I thought I'd want to play that myself eventually and I never did, though that game is dozens of hours while RE7 and TLG are like 10 a piece.

Blues1990

I really like ProJared's lets play channel because he plays some really unique shit like old school D&D games.

Same. As someone who loves Table Top Gaming (Shadow Run, Dungeons and Dragons, Settlers of Catan, etc.) his annual D&December videos on his main channel (in addition to the D&D streams he does with his friends on the Wizards of the Coast Twitch site) are pretty tops.

I mean, Pool of Radiance looks archaic, but I do love how it sticks close to the D&D rule set. (2nd addition rule set, I think?)

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I want to add to my list above and add Arlo.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOEa3K0q94-6U7ypA40BIw

His normal channel is a game discussion and review channel. His persona is a blue puppet who looks like Cookie Monster's younger brother. But I just discovered that he has a LetsPlay channel too and he's pretty entertaining. The episodes are longer (Like an hour each) but they're more rarely uploaded and he does one game at a time. He's still in the middle of Wind Waker HD for almost a year. Obviously he can't do face cam since the logistics would be impossible. So it's really all about the commentary. He doesn't have that many games but what he does have is fun. He's entertaining. I like him. And his reviews.

I want to add to my list above and add Arlo.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOEa3K0q94-6U7ypA40BIw

His normal channel is a game discussion and review channel. His persona is a blue puppet who looks like Cookie Monster's younger brother. But I just discovered that he has a LetsPlay channel too and he's pretty entertaining. The episodes are longer (Like an hour each) but they're more rarely uploaded and he does one game at a time. He's still in the middle of Wind Waker HD for almost a year. Obviously he can't do face cam since the logistics would be impossible. So it's really all about the commentary. He doesn't have that many games but what he does have is fun. He's entertaining. I like him. And his reviews.

Sadly he doesn't have much up yet but I really enjoyed his pikmin playthrough, that was really fun.

RetroMG

ProJared also did LTTP Randomized recently, then followed it with LoZ Randomized and both were great. And he just finished Kirby's Adventure yesterday. I like him.

I'm watching the LttP randomized right now, and it's kind of amazing. I love the airhorn whenever he gets arrows from a chest.

I actually tried the LttP randomizer, and it's a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I got stuck in the Dark World just outside the Lost Woods with no Moon Pearl, no Mirror, and no way to move out of the area. The next time I watched Jared's run, he went to the same place, and said, "Oh, I'd better not go in there. I'd be stuck. That would be dumb."

Thanks, Jared. :p

Lucent

For once I'm well ahead of them on a new release so I can watch the RE7 series lol

Super Best Friends are playing it now, too. I'm glad I beat it so I can watch now. I'm annoyed that Arin didn't mess with the VR options at all. The 30° angle turns are annoying. But he probably couldn't handle smooth. Just guessing.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Sadly he doesn't have much up yet but I really enjoyed his pikmin playthrough, that was really fun.
I'm loving his Wind Waker. Especially when he would tell terrible jokes to the giant heads you feed bombs to in Tower of the Gods. Only finished Galaxy 2 last night. Shame he didn't go back. His WindWaker play through was cut off like 10 months ago and he only just got back to it. He mentioned in an early episode that he wanted to do a Patreon and get $500 coming in a month and he'd switch to daily uploads. I'd love to see that but who knows. He needs more love.

I'm watching the LttP randomized right now, and it's kind of amazing. I love the airhorn whenever he gets arrows from a chest.

I actually tried the LttP randomizer, and it's a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I got stuck in the Dark World just outside the Lost Woods with no Moon Pearl, no Mirror, and no way to move out of the area. The next time I watched Jared's run, he went to the same place, and said, "Oh, I'd better not go in there. I'd be stuck. That would be dumb."

Thanks, Jared. :p
If you installed it recently, I think they've fixed bugs like that. But yeah, stuff like that would suck. However both Jared and Jirard didn't end up with any game breaking problems so there's that.

RetroMG

If you installed it recently, I think they've fixed bugs like that. But yeah, stuff like that would suck. However both Jared and Jirard didn't end up with any game breaking problems so there's that.

I installed it recently. Maybe I missed something, but it let me go to the Dark World without the Mirror or the Moon Pearl, so I was stuck in an area where my only option was to destroy bushes - which you can't do as the bunny. Not so much a bug as my own stupidity.

I'm going to go back to it in the next few days, but probably with a new seed so I can have the surprise.

(Not gonna lie, though, I skipped to the end of ProJared's run so I could make sure he actually beat it and I wasn't wasting my time.*)

*I mean, besides sitting and watching a Let's Play while I do homework.

Top Bottom