• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Grumps (aka Egoraptor plays some games)

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I installed it recently. Maybe I missed something, but it let me go to the Dark World without the Mirror or the Moon Pearl, so I was stuck in an area where my only option was to destroy bushes - which you can't do as the bunny.

I'm going to go back to it in the next few days, but probably with a new seed so I can have the surprise.

(Not gonna lie, though, I skipped to the end of ProJared's run so I could make sure he actually beat it and I wasn't wasting my time.)
Well, if you die or save your game and quit while in the dark world, it will return you to the light world. That's their workaround. You can't get stuck in the Dark World. I'm pretty sure they have covered all bases to make sure it's not unbeatable. It is always beatable. You just need to find every chest and item give event trigger you can access at that time. You will eventually beat it.

RetroMG

Well, if you die or save your game and quit while in the dark world, it will return you to the light world. That's their workaround. You can't get stuck in the Dark World. I'm pretty sure they have covered all bases to make sure it's not unbeatable. It is always beatable. You just need to find every chest and item give event trigger you can access at that time. You will eventually beat it.

...Well, don't I feel stupid.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
...Well, don't I feel stupid.
To be fair, I only know this because the Alex mentioned it during the Beard Bros run the first time they thought about going to the dark world after getting the glove early. (But before the pearl)

The hackers fixed a lot of things. They even made it so you can have both the shovel and the flute at the same time.

As expected, they gave up on the VR lol

I still hope for a full playthrough tho
Disappointed in the episode today, not just because of the lack of VR, but that whole install thing. Like, fuck, if you're gonna mess up that badly, extend the length of the episode. Cut out the part where you're not actually playing the game. Do something.

Yeah. I mean they have in the past haven't they? I know a lot of Tubers do that.
If I recall, the last time they messed up with the game install was with Dead Rising 4, and it wasn't even the fact that they didn't complete the install and they stopped mid playthrough of part 4. This was part 1 of the series, and they didn't even get past the main menu. They still included this whole screw up in the video though. Was really stupid.

Most other gamers can figure out console game installs. What's going on over there?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Disappointed in the episode today, not just because of the lack of VR, but that whole install thing. Like, fuck, if you're gonna mess up that badly, extend the length of the episode. Cut out the part where you're not actually playing the game. Do something.
Yeah. I mean they have in the past haven't they? I know a lot of Tubers do that.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
They seem to get some really good people. At shocking.

Also I'm really loving Paper Mario. And that golf game was amazing. Hope they return to Guardian and Evil soon. The Beard Bros and ProJared are leaving them in the dust with both of them respectively. And both games are so good to watch.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Grant Kirkhope is the only guest grumps I've watched. What are the funny ones? Stuff like Rob Schneider and Steve O I imagine to be cringy I guess. And Claudio Sanchez is just random as hell to me.

Bahorel

Grant Kirkhope is the only guest grumps I've watched. What are the funny ones? Stuff like Rob Schneider and Steve O I imagine to be cringy I guess. And Claudio Sanchez is just random as hell to me.

I enjoyed the ones with Jacob Anderson, the guy from game of thrones? He's a funny guy.

The Rob Schneider one was pretty good, actually. Claudio is the singer from Coheed and Cambria, and Arin & Dan were fanboying through the episode lol. Finn Wolfhard's episodes are GOLD, so make sure to watch those, too.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
They're all really good if you ask me. Especially Steve-O and Rob and his wife. The randomness makes it great.

Jacob Anderson was fucking awesome really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BASELWRpRks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90lejF5TzGM

Oh, and fucking watch the ones with Finn Wolfhard from Stranger Things. He's literally like Danny's long lost younger brother. The two of them are the same person and it makes it so wonderful to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg_QS2yAsfI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-m10elC8po

So those are my four picks. You won't regret it if you choose to watch them.

They're all really good if you ask me. Especially Steve-O and Rob and his wife. The randomness makes it great.

Jacob Anderson was fucking awesome really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BASELWRpRks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90lejF5TzGM

Oh, and fucking watch the ones with Finn Wolfhard from Stranger Things. He's literally like Danny's long lost younger brother. The two of them are the same person and it makes it so wonderful to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg_QS2yAsfI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-m10elC8po

So those are my four picks. You won't regret it if you choose to watch them.

Jacob Anderson is probably the best one tbh. Just such a great fit.

PSqueak

Banned
From time to time this thread is bumped, and i have a hearty chuckle about how people in page one were like "why didn't you put jon tron in the title?", and specially with the recent developments it just gets funnier.

PSOreo

From time to time this thread is bumped, and i have a hearty chuckle about how people in page one were like "why didn't you put jon tron in the title?", and specially with the recent developments it just gets funnier.

Whats happened now? I stopped following them a couple of years ago. Last thing I saw was Arin appearing in Joncade.

dickroach

I really hope they don't drop Paper Mario. But hearing that Arin isn't fond of it doesn't give me confidence.

the series is infuriating to me. there's no way Arin doesn't give up on it. if they play it to completion it's going to go like 300 episodes at the pace they're on.

additionally, all of their series are infuriating to me... but I can't stop watching for some reason

He did an interview with Breitbart, and then went off on Twitter criticizing the Women's Marches that were happening a couple weeks ago.

not to mention whenever something happens that has a liberal slant, he deems it fit to mock it on twitter

as for 'receipts'

he's dug so far into this right wing slant that if you look through his twitter deep enough, you'll see enough evidence @_@

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Can we please keep the Jon stuff out of here. There's a JonTron thread for complaining about him. He's not a Grump anymore.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear Arin is totally going to play all three CDI games. And I really hope Danny can convince him to stick with Paper Mario. I adore the game and Danny is having so much fun. I don't care if it does take 300 episodes.

Personally I'd love to see them do Super Paper Mario, but I doubt they ever would.

Also, when is the middle slot coming back? They haven't said anything about the plans they have for it since they announced they had new exciting plans for it and dropped it in the middle of a few games. All of a sudden it feels like it's only Arin and Danny now and the other Grumps no longer exist. Actually at this point I wouldn't mind if they just replaced it with a third Arin and Danny GameGrumps episode every day. Sad that the only exposure we've had to the other people is when Barry has to advertise for his new videos on a different channel because people keep forgetting GrumpOut exists.

As for the thread title, it should at least be changed to say EgoRaptor and Danny Sexbang. (Or EgoRaptor and friends) Though really, he seems to be trying to drop the EgoRaptor name anyway. So just call him Arin Hanson... Hansen? I dunno.

Can we please keep the Jon stuff out of here. There's a JonTron thread for complaining about him. He's not a Grump anymore.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear Arin is totally going to play all three CDI games. And I really hope Danny can convince him to stick with Paper Mario. I adore the game and Danny is having so much fun. I don't care if it does take 300 episodes.

Personally I'd love to see them do Super Paper Mario, but I doubt they ever would.

I think the reason why the paper Mario game is so much fun to watch is because how enthusiastic gets about the game. When he likes something the way he talks about it, and his genuine reactions to what occurs are so enjoyable to experience.

He's said that he only really got back into gaming when he started doing Grumps, and his experience with games, as someone who isn't as jaded as probably some of us here on gaf are, really helps show what makes a lot of these games great!

Danny really exemplifies the "Not So Grump" role very well.

Bro Michelangelo

My sides

I tried playing Mario's Time Machine back as a stupid babby, but I was such a stupid babby I never actually figured out how to go to the stages.

And no, I didn't read any of the text...

I honestly think that part of the reason jontron and Arin n split is simply because Jon is a horrible person

I'd argue the opposite. Arin never seemed especially pro women or against the things gamer gate/alt right earlier in his career... But he definitely grew as a person and I think the crew he ended up with as GG got larger helped there.

Don't forget, Arin was okay with belittling his fans and calling them cumfaggots and the like right along with Jon back in the day. Dan was definitely a huge influence on changing Arin in that regard, but I think just the sphere of people that formed around him over time helped a lot too.

Rated-G

I'm surprised no one he made mention of the Guest Grumps episode with Thomas Middleditch and Kumail Nanjiani of Silicon Valley. I really enjoyed the episode, with how totally just done with WCW vs NWO they were by even like halfway through.

I'd argue the opposite. Arin never seemed especially pro women or against the things gamer gate/alt right earlier in his career... But he definitely grew as a person and I think the crew he ended up with as GG got larger helped there.

Don't forget, Arin was okay with belittling his fans and calling them cumfaggots and the like right along with Jon back in the day. Dan was definitely a huge influence on changing Arin in that regard, but I think just the sphere of people that formed around him over time helped a lot too.

Arin's always been pro-women. You can see a lot of that come through in his drawing and artwork, which unfortunately seems to be few and far between lately. He's very in-touch with his feminine side which was really interesting to see during his time on Newgrounds. Suggesting calling the fans that wasn't serious. He frequently makes fun of overly-macho and dudebro stuff by sort of taking it to the extreme where it becomes practically homoerotic. Just watch his Halo Reach video or Awesome Man.

Arin's always been pro-women. You can see a lot of that come through in his drawing and artwork, which unfortunately seems to be few and far between lately. He's very in-touch with his feminine side which was really interesting to see during his time on Newgrounds. Suggesting calling the fans that wasn't serious. He frequently makes fun of overly-macho and dudebro stuff by sort of taking it to the extreme where it becomes practically homoerotic. Just watch his Halo Reach video or Awesome Man.
Plus don't forget the whole D-Club story or that one time he fully explained what gender fluidness is to Dan.

Neogaf got a neutral mention on the newest episode of Paper Mario, Danny then asking what it was.

Hi Arin.

TheOGB

Banned
Arin Danny I love you
stop reading NeoGAF right now, just wait for someone on Twitter to link to a SunhiLegend gif or Lionel Mandrake summaray

Top Bottom