• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Grumps (aka Egoraptor plays some games)

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I am enjoying watching the BotW videos so much. I can't even imagine how many episodes it will end up being either. We are days in now and they still haven't really done anything major yet at all. It's fun watching anyone play the game though, it's made for this sort of thing, few videos will be the same.
I'm hoping they take their time. I still don't have a Switch. (And I love that my phone knew I wanted it capitalized)

Also I hope Aron doesn't decide to stop TTD. I'm loving it a lot. Danny loves it. But his comment yesterday is disheartening. Keep going. Forever. Also, I still cannot believe they go left out of the room EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Not once did Danny or Aron ever wonder what is to the right. Oh I don't know. Maybe a much faster wY to leave the building? Haha 😂

I wonder how long they're going to faff about with Zelda before dropping it. They're making almost negative progress in the game.
Arin said it was his favorite Zelda since LttP, so I imagine they'll finish it. However, they may have to start focusing a bit more on the story if they want to stay under 200 episodes, haha.

I wonder how long they're going to faff about with Zelda before dropping it. They're making almost negative progress in the game.

Oh come on, like BOTW is a game Arin's going to speedrun. it's like he's finally got the game he's been asking for for nearly a decade of Zelda criticism, you think he's just going to rush through it? Breath of the wild is a nice steak, you don't ruin it by cramming it in your mouth all at once, he's going to be goofing off a lot/ experimenting with all the crazy gameplay possibilities and the series will be pretty varied because of that. If they do it right it should be their longest series ever.

RagnarokX

Arin and Danny try to avoid calling a bokoblin "black" so as not to be seen as racist. Decide that the bokoblin is instead "green." Bokoblin in question is actually blue.

RetroMG

So... are we done with Breath of the Wild, then?

Setting aside the many (well, two) times I called Arin stupid, I was enjoying it.

EDIT: Never mind, Danny just posted a video on Instagram of Arin playing Zelda.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
So... are we done with Breath of the Wild, then?

Setting aside the many (well, two) times I called Arin stupid, I was enjoying it.

EDIT: Never mind, Danny just posted a video on Instagram of Arin playing Zelda.
You're the kind of person they were talking about on today's Kirby episode.

Edit: Why is it that in the VR version of Resident Evil VII, HUD elements and subtitles get obscured by parts of the world geometry? I know they basically just make them part of the rendered world geometry and make it move with the camera, but why the heck isn't it set either closer to the camera or set as "always render as if closest to camera"? It's so weird when either the text or even the crosshairs or weapon ammo counter get covered up by an enemy or a nearby wall or object. That seems to be a pretty weird oversight on the part of the devs if you ask me. As if VR was probably a quickly tossed together afterthought. (Like how they didn't take time to create new arm models so your hands don't show up as disembodied hands.)

Also, side note, I really don't like how turning in VR games (Where you're supposed to use the stick to turn instead of turning your body itself like in some other games so you can just sit on the couch) is really jerky. Like it moves in steps. Why no smooth turning?

Jeff6851

I'm 20 episodes into Paper Mario and I've not laughed this much in a long time but dear fucking god Dan is infuriating with how he doesn't read simple instructions (the Sweet Treats special) or get basic mechanics of the game (you don't have to jump on every enemy, you can switch attack order, you don't HAVE to attack with the hammer, press A after jumping on an enemy, etc).

I don't expect perfection every time because I get he's trying to do two things at once but for real.

I'm 20 episodes into Paper Mario and I've not laughed this much in a long time but dear fucking god Dan is infuriating with how he doesn't read simple instructions (the Sweet Treats special) or get basic mechanics of the game (you don't have to jump on every enemy, you can switch attack order, you don't HAVE to attack with the hammer, press A after jumping on an enemy, etc).

I don't expect perfection every time because I get he's trying to do two things at once but for real.
He gets better as the episodes go on at least.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Who knows. I wish there was a website that listed the status of every game they've played. Either they're:

In progress
Completed
On hold
Given up on
Unfinished but not likely to return (Like Sonic '06)
Completed but will come back (Like Kirby)

They'll be back to Paper MARIO and Zelda in sure.

Also I'm not fixing those typos. My phone did it. Not my problem. Apparently Mario is an acronym there but not here.

Yeesh, Vernon is not funny and just comes off as annoying. Stout Train was pretty bad this year with just having people yell over each other.

Also, rewatching stuff with Jon is weird. Like when Jon is talking about how he uses calling something gay as an insult constantly because it bothers his gay friend so he goes out of his way to do it...

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I liked the Stout Train episode actually. And am glad it wasn't the whole day this time. I like when they do themed holidays but sometimes they're not as good. Also Kevin is gone so it wasn't nearly as fun as it should have been.

Was worth it for Ross' shit-eating grins when he won each time.

I don't think I've ever had patience to watch Stout Train past the first one. It was funny back then but it really overstayed it's welcome for me.

Jacobson

I watched the first video of their BotW, stopped watching when he kept switching weapons through the menu and not quick equip. I knew I would be infuriated if I keep watching lol

TheOGB

Banned
I think I skipped the last few Stout Trains, or never watched them the whole way through, but I kept watching this year's to see how much Ross would win. Not that great, but I enjoyed
the random musical

But Sneezy Anus tho

Algebrah

I think I skipped the last few Stout Trains, or never watched them the whole way through, but I kept watching this year's to see how much Ross would win. Not that great, but I enjoyed
the random musical

But Sneezy Anus tho

SNEEZY ANUS IS THE MVP.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I'm so happy to see Snipperclips. It seems like the perfect "we'll play cooperatively but fuck you I'm gonna screw us over!" game. Same reason I loved 3D World to death. Danny's pension for hitting the "eject powerup" button every single time they were on an elevator was adorable.

I've been loving PB & Jeff's Snipperclips play through. People loved it so much they begged them to keep going. Hopefully the same happens here.

Edit: Also I'm glad to see the middle slot making somewhat of a partial comeback. As long as they don't just keep putting shit out to put it out. I think that's what killed it the first time. Towards the end I didn't even want to watch that Overwatch stuff.

Also, is kicking Marge literally the first thing literally everyone does in Hit and Run? It seems so. I've seen it in every play through I've watched.Yet you can't kick Lisa at the school. lol

I wish they hadn't accidentally turned off the game music though.

Road Rage is a more fun game anyway.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Kind of makes me wish it was a 2 parter.

I don't remember the game being that broken though. I think enabling debug inadvertently broke physics or something.

I had Road Rage on GameCube and Hit and Run on Xbox. Never beat Hit and Run though. Got stuck on the chicken truck quest and gave up. They're okay games for what they are. Clones of better games with Simpsons characters. I also enjoyed the Futurama game... up until I got stuck on the one Zoidberg level in the damn game which happened to be one of those shitty "run constantly down this corridor while avoiding all the traps and pits along the way" levels. Fucking Zoidberg. The "lost episode" would have been better if the cutscenes had actually been rendered either in-game (Which looked great for early 2000s cel-shading) or animated by hand like an episode instead of the HORRIBLE early-2000s CGI pre-rendered highly compressed AVI cutscenes we got. All the games could have benefitted from a few more years of cel-shading advancement really. Take the engines for those games and apply the technology we have now and they'd look perfect.

Hylian7

I just watched the Wacky World of Mini Golf. I'm dying, send help!

My fiance and I were dying with that one.

Also on an episode of Grump's Dream Course the other day, Arin said they are finishing Wacky World of Mini Golf. Someone sent them a walkthrough. Although I hope they only use the walkthrough when they have been stumped for a while. I can't say I blame them for not being able to get past that axe (the choppies), but it is fun to watch them struggle through it when there's no logical method to reach the solution.

I loved the Hit and Run ep. Probably one of the funniest things on the channel in a long time. It probably helps that I watch OneyPlays a lot as well so I've kind of adjusted to their style of humor.

neshcom

Banned
The Oney episode was funny for all the ways Oney's channel can be funny--voices, light editing, boisterous responses. It's not the Grumps style at all, but I do generally enjoy it. And hey, it's great to watch an Oney video where they don't say the f-slur!

What grumps really needed... A bad grump out episode not-but-feels-like-it-is sponsored by la croix.

Thank the grumps for the Zelda episodes still coming.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Haha, why was that LaCroix episode even on GameGrumps? It's definitely a GrumpOut thing. Do they think no one knows about GrumpOut? They seem to ignore it a lot.

Also there's only one LaCroix I care about and she's a real mean hula-hooper.

neshcom

Banned
Haha, why was that LaCroix episode even on GameGrumps? It's definitely a GrumpOut thing. Do they think no one knows about GrumpOut? They seem to ignore it a lot.

Also there's only one LaCroix I care about and she's a real mean hula-hooper.

I didn't watch it, but assumed it was a sponsored video. If so, it wouldn't do any good to be on a second channel a fraction of people know about. I definitely didn't until a while ago because they don't promote it and it doesn't have much of anything on it besides skits cut out.

RetroMG

Arin encountering a Lynel was great. I was alternating between laughing and saying, "No, RUN, you idiot!"

Lynels are no joke. I've beaten the game, I've got pretty decent gear, and I just barely killed my first Lynel.

EQS6Pht.png

:D:D:D:D

Top Bottom