• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former Pussycat Dolls Member Reveals The Girl Group Was Really A Prostitution Ring

I mean, she's coming out about all this abuse, which is great -- but then she's all about how great Trump is, and he is an abuser. So, I'm confused.

Yeah I guess that kind of makes things OK, let's all move along, right??? wow! what are you going to post next, that she was dressing provocatively when she was in the band so she deserved it?

shink

One thing that sticks out though is she mentions this being the cause of suicide for one of the other girl groups which I assume is Simone from GRL. Her family has gone on record stating her suicide was related to depression and financial problems.

So it's pretty terrifying to what lengths people go to to keep secrets as secrets if this is true.

StayDead

This is really fucked up, but sadly I'm not surprised that something like this could've been happening.

For someone to become a star they're almost forced to leave their support networks and feel like they have to do anything to make it big. There's some really, really seedy people high up in the entertainment industry, just look at the massive scandal regarding a lot of the biggest TV personalities in the UK from the 70s.

I just really hope whatever happens the people responsible for allowing this to happen are brought to justice.

One thing that sticks out though is she mentions this being the cause of suicide for one of the other girl groups which I assume is Simone from GRL. Her family has gone on record stating her suicide was related to depression and financial problems.

So it's pretty terrifying to what lengths people go to to keep secrets as secrets if this is true.

I mean depression and financial problems are also likely true. If she wasn't willing to sell out her body she probably got paid worse and was probably the victim of being ostracized by the others for not doing "what needed to be done". Can't pass judgement on the parents without knowing how involved they were with the other side of the business.

The kpop industry is really dark.

Here are some articles on the matter though one that I read a long time ago, that really got me reading up on this, I can't find. It was from a SK reporter who dug really deep into it, I really need to find that article.

http://seoulbeats.com/2017/06/the-k-pop-casting-couch-sexual-coercion-by-entertainment-suits/
http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...d/news-story/bfa6f7bd0ab5e6c985d43c8a680cabb6
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-13760064

And then a good article from the New Yorker on the whole factory of KPop: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2012/10/08/factory-girls-2

A lot of this stuff is from 5 years ago? Some of the articles even mention legislation to help the pop stars. Does this stuff still happen today over there?

Dr. Buni

This is painful.
This is disgusting.
I hope other members come forward as well. That this won't be let go.
Fuck the people behind this.
Nothing will happen to them and even if they pay for what they have done, others will do the same later. That is the world we live in.

Ploid 3.0

Oh geeze, The Simone Battle thing made me think of Black Mirror. What if all, or some of these girls just wanted to be in a singing group.

RGojNUI.jpg

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
I know GAF doesn't really like this stuff but "BABYLON THE GREAT HAS FALLEN" comes into mind when I hear all this stuff about Hollywood. (Not to get all off-topic, just a thought)

FeD.nL

Wasn’t there also the whole story a couple of years ago of an unnamed person (and people thought it could only be RDJ) in Hollywood opening up about all the issues regardig this very subject? Or was that revealed to be fake?

Anyways I really would not be surprised if this happened.

Briarios

From the first posts, I was hoping this was some kind of metaphor for being used for financial gains. Used as a star, as a singer.

This is disgusting.
I hope other members come forward as well. That this won't be let go.
Fuck the people behind this.

The other members are getting back together for a reunion, along with the founder Robun Antin and Nicole Scherzinger, which came out in the press just before Kaya Jones called them all prostitutes.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/samstryker/pussycat-dolls-reunion?utm_term=.kgOqO7qke#.snML0YLxZ

Slowdive

Banned
Statement:

The Pussycat Dolls has always and will always stand for female empowerment and sisterhood. We stand in solidarity with all women who have bravely spoken publicly of their horrific experiences of abuse, harassment and exploitation. However, we cannot stand behind false allegations towards other group members partaking in activities that simply did not take place.

To liken our professional roles in The Pussycat Dolls to a prostitution ring not only undermines everything we worked hard to achieve for all those years but also takes the spotlight off the millions of victims who are speaking up and being heard loud and clear around the world. While we were not aware of Kaya's experiences that allegedly took place during her short time working with us, before the group signed a recording contract, we can firmly testify that we were not privy to any misconduct taking place around us. If Kaya experienced something we are unaware of then we fully encourage her to get the help she needs and are here to support her.

Since its inception, The Pussycat Dolls and founder Robin Antin have supported and empowered women from all walks of life to flourish in their careers. Should any member or associate allude to any form of abuse or harassment whatsoever, it will be taken very seriously and investigated.

We truly wish Kaya the best and hope she gets the help she deserves.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/pussycat-dolls-prostitution-ring-response-2151393

I remember the dude from LFO saying similar things about being treated sexually by his manager/promoter. I think N-SYNC was under the same manager/promoter.

Reminds me of Jimmy Savile a couple of years back. Also, those alligations in the early nineties about child prostitution in Washington, DC/Congress.

Didnt something similar happened to a hip-hop girl group. I remember the wife from POWER left the girl group because thier manager wanted her to sleep with somebody on Nelly's crew and she refused.

lenovox1

Didnt something similar happened to a hip-hop girl group. I remember the wife from POWER left the girl group because thier manager wanted her to sleep with somebody on Nelly's crew and she refused.

Naturi from 3LW? She's never said that and she's been extremely candid about the way she was treated during that time. They were all just insane mean girls toward her, mainly the one with the lisp and her sister (their manager).

This is going to be a fucking firefight.

No. Kaya doesn't have a ton of credibility on her own. She needs other girls that have been involved or around the PCD thing to back up her claims.

Top Bottom