• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why haven't COD WW2 or Destiny 2 announce that they will support Xbox One X?

jbug617

Banned
It can't because of marketing deals because Monster Hunter World, FIFA 18 and Battlefront 2 are confirmed already.

Are they just going to ignore it and never confirm it till the console launches in November?

Fifa and Battlefront are EA games. COD WW2 and Destiny 2 are Activision games. They likely have different deals with Sony when it comes to marketing Xbox versions.

StereoVsn

Of course they will support it, but I doubt it will go that much further then what you will see on PS4 Pro.

Edit: They just can't talk about it because of marketing deals. Those games sell quite well on Xbone so it would be silly of them not to support it especially when they have to support PS4 Pro anyway.

jman4371

Neo Member
Sony marketing contracts.

I don't think Microsoft was able to even say "Star Wars Battlefront" the day it launched because of that so they came up with a roundabout way to do it iirc.

Bungie did at least confirm D2 will not run 60fps on XBOX for parity reasons. They haven't said if it'll run 4k in any way, but do we really need confirmation of that?

Amuses me nothing has been announced since Destiny 2 is one of the main reasons I wanted the new Xbox, to have the best visual experience I could get (on console). Be funny if they ended up not supporting it for some reason... WHOOPS!

ethomaz

Banned
I just remembered.

Maybe MS do a Destiny 2 flagrancy this year again :D

Amuses me nothing has been announced since Destiny 2 is one of the main reasons I wanted the new Xbox, to have the best visual experience I could get (on console). Be funny if they ended up not supporting it for some reason... WHOOPS!
It was already confirmed they will have support for Xbox One X... and it won't run at 60fps.

pitchfork

I'm pretty sure they will, just won't be able to talk about until after release due to the marketing situation. If I remember correctly it was a similar situation with Battlefield 1 last year?

If there isn't though? then i'm done with Activision

I just remembered.

Maybe MS do a Destiny 2 flagrancy this year again :D

It was already confirmed they will have support for Xbox One X... and it won't run at 60fps.

I knew about the 60fps, didn't think anything specific on the support for 1X was talked about yet though, although maybe I just missed it.

El_Chino

Sony-Money.png

GazzaGSi

Same thing happened when the Pro was announced. Massive of The Division was one who kept quiet until the last DLC pack was out and the MS deal/marketing had ended (they had 30 days early content drops). They then announced Pro support with 2 updates in the end, the initial one improving shadows/textures and map/HUD res upgrade then the second improving the resolution in game.

Cake Boss

Banned
Of course they will support the Xbox X. You guys really think the next CoD will be 900p or something on the X ?!

The only reason is the marketing deal.

COD has been 900p and running on the same engine for 2 generations now. A new console with a small install base won't change that.

What enhancements are you expecting to be revealed? It’s going to be 4k/30, with better visuals than base. Are you expecting enhancements above the PS4 Pro version to be revealed? That’s crazy. No HDR right now, maybe in the future they said. Please tell me your not looking for frame rate enhancements...

Wait, didn't they say they'd be talking about XBO X support post-launch? I remember hearing that around E3.

But of course Destiny and CoD will have Pro / X support. They're some of the biggest budget launches this year.

Symbiotx

From the IGN interview:
As you can see in the D2 Beta, the PS4 Pro is already supporting dynamic 4K resolution. The Xbox One X ships after D2, so we don't have any announcements for how we're supporting it right now but it is something we are interested in.

Folks saying there won't be support are being silly. Of course there will be support. Now, what will that support be? Who knows? Likely bumped resolutions and not much more (Just like we've seen with the Pro).

So why aren't they talking about it:
1) The have marketing deals that prohibit them talking about other versions to some degree.
2) The X version isn't finalized or developed yet. (Just like we saw and still see late patches for Pro games.) So there's nothing to say right now.

Justified

Why would the EA marketing deal be different from Activision? Im talking about the the piece that talks about supported resolution, not the overall contract.

I know its possible, but Im wondering why, if directed by Sony, would they call for it their but not elsewhere.

At the end of the day. Im sure the XBX will support it

Marketing deals. Did Bungie ever even do a Pro patch?

No.

In fact Bungie made the PS4 and XB1 versions the same because of parity. Despite PS4 being quite a bit stronger. Ubisoft made the XB1 version of AC Unity better than the PS4 version because of this third party marketing bullshit. Money talks.

Theorry

No.

In fact Bungie made the PS4 and XB1 versions the same because of parity. Despite PS4 being quite a bit stronger. Ubisoft made the XB1 version of AC Unity better than the PS4 version because of this third party marketing bullshit. Money talks.

Destiny 1 was gonna be 900p on Xbox One and 1080p on PS4. It wasnt for the last moment MS unlocked that Kinect power thing wich bumped up to 1080p.

I'm pretty confident i would ship my game first and then worry about the updates to an unreleased system later. I'm sure it will happen. Im more concerned with the lack of hdr support, such a shame considering how the game could have benefit.

COD has been 900p and running on the same engine for 2 generations now.

I won't rake you over the coals for this, because I didn't find this out for myself until I made the exact same shitpost as you just did...

...but yeah, you're wrong on both counts buddy

What enhancements are you expecting to be revealed? It's going to be 4k/30, with better visuals than base. Are you expecting enhancements above the PS4 Pro version to be revealed? That's crazy.

I'm just wondering, why is that crazy? Is it because you don't expect the developer to put the time, effort, and money into more bespoke changes befitting the stronger hardware, or because you don't believe that XOX is generally capable of enhancements above the Pro version?

Mooreberg

Destiny is out eight weeks before One X so I wouldn't expect much about it until at least after the PC version hits. COD WW2 will probably ship with enhancements (or the hooks to download high res assets?) but won't get that feature marketed much from Activision. Games that MS is marketing like AC Origins are where they will be very obvious about it.

Gitaroo

Some devs don't care maybe. Not like Destiny 1 even had pro support nor ps4 version look any better than xbone version even with Sony marketing deal.

Head.spawn

Expect the support, but don't expect them to announce it beforehand though. Sony isn't going to let them say its better on another console when Sony is footing that advertisement/bundle/marketing bill for them.

Top Bottom