• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Syntsui

If her LB attack buff stacks with a regular attack buff, then it could be pretty wild but I don't know if that's the case.
Her LB buff doesn't stack with a regular buffs, but it does stack with Zargarbanzo's Berserk buff.

Hippo's A2 has 1.140ATK at the moment, with her level 17 LB buff she goes up to 1.576ATK (which will actually be more than 1.600ATK once the LB is maxed) and once the berserk buff comes into play...

7cBhvlN.png

She can equip all the relevant weapons and inherit pretty much any element. Pair her with any of the absolute best finishers (DKC, FV, Balthier) in the game and watch the enemy melt. They can take care of the imperil for her no problem.

Shouta

Nice! Thanks Shouta!

It's pretty close too. Grom shows 2 banners after Dark, Fire, and Earth Veritas. It'll go FF3 -> Noctis/Grom/Aura. If they stick with that and putting other collabs aside, Noctis will get his buff around there to make him as strong as his JP version.

Aura also has a 125 Wind Spear.

Her LB buff doesn't stack with a regular buffs, but it does stack with Zargarbanzo's Berserk buff.

Hippo's A2 has 1.140ATK at the moment, with her level 17 LB buff she goes up to 1.576ATK (which will actually be more than 1.600ATK once the LB is maxed) and once the berserk buff comes into play...

7cBhvlN.png

Nice. I wonder how that compares to Randi with Garbanzo bean's berserk buff.

Muku

Cruel Oath, GET! on main anyway. Just over 1 mil on alt. Hope to get it there too. My 2B is rocking it for now though.

Also, got two contracts. Stop being so damn stingy. I get more fucking Gold character TMs this time than rainbow ones. Ugh. 46% or so through on 2Bs Katana...

Syntsui

I can't make A2 chain manually no matter how hard I try, there is got to be something I'm missing.

She's at position 4 like instructed and even when I click on both of them instantly, it doesn't work.

EDarkness

still hurts my heart that i dont have randi D:

Holy shit, man. You don't have Randi? I'm legitimately shocked. I figured you had every character so far.

Well, I don't have Randi, either.

Oh, watched your videos on the Nier units and they were great. Will you revisit A2 now that she's been fixed?

SeanTSC

Probably not, based off the information I see on A2. She lacks Imperils and her mods aren't the highest in GL right now. Her strength seems to be her raw attack though which is pretty fantastic though and will keep her in the upper echelons. For harder fights where there's less wiggle room with party construction, she'll suffer a bit because of lack of Imperils.

If her LB attack buff stacks with a regular attack buff, then it could be pretty wild but I don't know if that's the case.

Personally, I'm hoping that potential Olive Enhancements can keep A2 relevant at the top end. Having a Def Break + Imperil on one unit who can then function as a Finisher on subsequent turns takes a lot of sting out of Chainers that don't have an innate imperil or don't have one on their primary chaining ability.

Otheradam

I can't make A2 chain manually no matter how hard I try, there is got to be something I'm missing.

She's at position 4 like instructed and even when I click on both of them instantly, it doesn't work.

I'm on Nox trying to use a 8x speed macro and I haven't been able to pull it off. Timing seems really tight or I'm doing something wrong. Position 4 and friend A2 at 6.

Edit: Nevermind, my macro works! I had to click really fast when I made the macro and speed it up to 8x to get it to chain.

Syntsui

I'm on Nox trying to use a 8x speed macro and I haven't been able to pull it off. Timing seems really tight or I'm doing something wrong. Position 4 and friend A2 at 6.
I can do it on Nox as long as I asign the clicks to the keyboard keys and press them real quick. Which is ridiculous because that's actually slower than doing it on the phone considering there is a delay bug going on. This is really frustrating.

SeanTSC

My A2 in slot 5 + friend A2 and using the Android Magnification gets me a 55 chain 100% of the time in Engels. Not sure on other fights though, haven't played with it much.

Valentus

Holy shit, man. You don't have Randi? I'm legitimately shocked. I figured you had every character so far.

Well, I don't have Randi, either.

Oh, watched your videos on the Nier units and they were great. Will you revisit A2 now that she's been fixed?

In my marie video i sum clearly why i dont have randi xD

I will do a little update video of just OHC because i covered the rest and there's nothing much more that changed. A2 now is queen of chaining but her big drawback is that she doesnt have elemental debuff.

Shouta

Just tested this and it doesn't stack with other ATK buffs. I also realized that they fixed it so it does damage now and you can't heal through it with her heal move.

Thanks for testing it out!

Wait, Zarg's Berserk Crest causes berserk, doesn't it? That forces auto-attack, no? Or is there a way to keep the attack buff while removing berserk or does the Berserk Crest not work properly? lol

She can equip all the relevant weapons and inherit pretty much any element. Pair her with any of the absolute best finishers (DKC, FV, Balthier) in the game and watch the enemy melt. They can take care of the imperil for her no problem.

She'd need still need a chainer though so you're taking up 3 party slots if you include the finisher then another slot for Zarg. Might be really nice for 10-man fights where you can set it up nicely. It'll be harder for single party fights though considering the amount of setup.

Personally, I'm hoping that potential Olive Enhancements can keep A2 relevant at the top end. Having a Def Break + Imperil on one unit who can then function as a Finisher on subsequent turns takes a lot of sting out of Chainers that don't have an innate imperil or don't have one on their primary chaining ability.

That definitely would be interesting. I don't think JP has an Imperil and a def debuff on the same attack, at least off the top of my head. When I say buffer, I think bard btw, lol

I was able to manually get A2 perfect chains basically every time earlier, however now I'm not getting it at all. I have moved them around every possible combo and now I get the split 25 hits or whatever it is every single time. Weird.

Otheradam

I was able to manually get A2 perfect chains basically every time earlier, however now I'm not getting it at all. I have moved them around every possible combo and now I get the split 25 hits or whatever it is every single time. Weird.

I haven't tried to do it manually but my Nox 8x speed macro just worked when I tested it out with your A2.

Syntsui

This skill is still fucking bugged -__-

Put her on slot 5 and used the magnifying trick, it does not chain if I click on my unit first and then on the Friend unit, but it does work if I click the Friend unit first. Mistery solved, right? NO.

Tried again with another A2 friend and that shit didn't work regardless of what unit I clicked first. For fuck's sake fix this damn character Gumi.

still haven't got back my motivation to play but I thought I'd at least see what the malboro aka cancer trial was like.

lol fuck ELT, aint gonna bother with that, should've put Aigion level rewards if not even the whaliest of whales are able to beat it. I really like Delita, he's become the swiss army knife with his breaks and Rikku TM, if only I pulled a 9S..............................................

SeanTSC

That definitely would be interesting. I don't think JP has an Imperil and a def debuff on the same attack, at least off the top of my head. When I say buffer, I think bard btw, lol

Yeah, I can't think of any off the top of my head either.

Even with Olive as she is, I think it's a viable combo. 50% Def Break + 50% Lightning Imperil on one move is nothing to sneeze at. Olive's biggest failing has always been the lack of Lightning weapons available to other units and that 120 Atk Lightning GS on a 3* unit completely changes that dynamic and she'll have some real synergy.

And if she gets Enhanced to a 60-65% Def Break and a 75-100% Lightning Imperil I think that would throw a big wrench into the meta, especially if it's on the upper end of those. It would give a ton of life to big chainers who get passed over due to their lack of built-in Imperil.

I'm dreaming big there, but I would definitely bet on Olive getting enhancements in the future.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Just to put this out there, while we don't have a character yet that can utilize the whip.... We have yet to have a GL exclusive 5* mage. We got tanks, support, and physical so far.

I'm totally expecting the next 5* GL unit to be Magic and use whips.

Azuran

Banned
GAH I got A2 in a random ticket pull. I was hoping for 2B just because I'm dumb but I'm just as happy. The only problem is that I'm still in the middle of Route B in Nier so I have no idea who A2 actually except for that minor appearance in 2B's story lmao

I'll sure I'll be a little bit more hype about this pull once I get to the third route and actually learn about her character.

tuffymon

GAH I got A2 in a random ticket pull. I was hoping for 2B just because I'm dumb but I'm just as happy. The only problem is that I'm still in the middle of Route B in Nier so I have no idea who A2 actually except for that minor appearance in 2B's story lmao

I'll sure I'll be a little bit more hype about this pull once I get to the third route and actually learn about her character.

Keep it going, you'll be on route 3 soon enough, grats on the A2~

SeanTSC

Shit, you haven't even gotten to the best parts. You're in for a treat. Grats on the A2, you'll love her.

Syntsui

I see JP already took care of reset exploits. Whenever you reset after a wipe, the boss will never change the pattern, so he will keep wiping the party no matter what.

Makes me wonder when they will do that here where the bosses change targets and attacks every reset.

bonkeng

Just a reminder for folks that have Randi, you should enhance him when you get the chance. He's one of the strongest characters in GL, maybe even strongest, now despite some of the setup time. He's already better than his JP version thanks to the additional 20% attack and the insane amount of Killer power he got for his GL version. He'll be a force of destruction for you on Dragons, Beasts, Fairies and Undead. That means he's gonna wreck shop on Bahamut when the Season 1 story ends.

He'll also be a great candidate for DH when Cloud and Elfried hits as well despite not getting the benefits of TDH.

What's the best set up for Randi?

Shouta

What's the best set up for Randi?

Using the unit calculator for GL

Randi 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Aigaion Arm +145ATK+100%LBFillRate
Left Hand: Brotherhood +135ATK+Water Element
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Brave Suit +51DEF+15%ATK+15%MAG
Accessory 1: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Accessory 2: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Ability 1: Martial Arts Mastery +50%ATK w/ Fist
Ability 2: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Ifrit HP:5000 MP:2240 ATK:5320 DEF:3070 MAG:2190 SPR:2150
Total Stats: HP: 4899 MP: 240 ATK: 1001 DEF: 412 MAG: 178 SPR: 220
Crit Rate: 10% P. Evasion: 35% M. Evasion: 0% P. Counter: 0% M. Counter: 0%

He gains another 65% attack from enhancements though which isn't reflected in this and is 5% from cap. It's actually worse if you try to cap him because he gains more from the Champion's belt. He has max attack pots in this.

With the additional attack he should be at 1115.2 attack. It'll be a little less if you go with a non-elemental sword like the Mana Blade to keep his damage neutral until you imbue him after Power Charge. You can also swap to a Genji Glove, put on another Quick Assault, and swap to a Monster Breastplate to give him near the same attack (1107) but additional evasion so he's at 45%.

When Elfried and Cloud hits, he can put on a Martial Glove, a regular Doublehand and a Buster Form (100% TDH) to get 300% of that and still have room to toss on two 30% or 40% stat materia.

bonkeng

Using the unit calculator for GL

Randi 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Aigaion Arm +145ATK+100%LBFillRate
Left Hand: Brotherhood +135ATK+Water Element
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Brave Suit +51DEF+15%ATK+15%MAG
Accessory 1: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Accessory 2: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Ability 1: Martial Arts Mastery +50%ATK w/ Fist
Ability 2: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Ifrit HP:5000 MP:2240 ATK:5320 DEF:3070 MAG:2190 SPR:2150
Total Stats: HP: 4899 MP: 240 ATK: 1001 DEF: 412 MAG: 178 SPR: 220
Crit Rate: 10% P. Evasion: 35% M. Evasion: 0% P. Counter: 0% M. Counter: 0%

He gains another 65% attack from enhancements though which isn't reflected in this and is 5% from cap. It's actually worse if you try to cap him because he gains more from the Champion's belt. He has max attack pots in this.

With the additional attack he should be at 1115.2 attack. It'll be a little less if you go with a non-elemental sword like the Mana Blade to keep his damage neutral until you imbue him after Power Charge. You can also swap to a Genji Glove, put on another Quick Assault, and swap to a Monster Breastplate to give him near the same attack (1107) but additional evasion so he's at 45%.

When Elfried and Cloud hits, he can put on a Martial Glove, a regular Doublehand and a Buster Form (100% TDH) to get 300% of that and still have room to toss on two 30% or 40% stat materia.

I mean in JP. What upcoming materias does Randi need? I'm guessing Cloud and Elfried are a must?

Shouta

I mean in JP. What upcoming materias does Randi need? I'm guessing Cloud and Elfried are a must?

Oh, JP? Best in slot for him there would be this now

Chaos Blade
Prishe's hair ornament
Training Wraps (Gouken TM)
Martial gloves
Martial gloves
Buster Form
Anise Rescue Squad Captain x3

You can replace the Anise ones from Bravely with any 40% attack one out there though it won't have all the HP on it.

That should be 300% DH with 230% attack boost. Mathed out it should be 1780 with Ifrit 3-star maxed out (79 attack)

That is if my assumption about TDH working with 1-handed weapons as well is true.

Edit: Got my stat buff mixed up because JP doesn't get the extra 20% attack on Randi

bonkeng

Oh, JP? Best in slot for him there would be this now

Chaos Blade
Prishe's hair ornament
Training Wraps (Gouken TM)
Martial gloves
Martial gloves
Buster Form
Anise Rescue Squad Captain x3

You can replace the Anise ones from Bravely with any 40% attack one out there though it won't have all the HP on it.

That should be 300% DH with 230% attack boost. Mathed out it should be 1780 with Ifrit 3-star maxed out (79 attack)

That is if my assumption about TDH working with 1-handed weapons as well is true.

Edit: Got my stat buff mixed up because JP doesn't get the extra 20% attack on Randi

Ok, i think none of that are available on GL yet. How many 5* bases are those from?

Need to plan my pulling lol.

across

Ok, i think none of that are available on GL yet. How many 5* bases are those from?

Chaos Blade is Gabranth's TM (135 ATK no element), 5*
Prishe is 5* - should be our next raid
Martial Gloves is Elfreeda's TM, 5*
Buster Form is Cloud's TM, 5* - same banner as Elfreeda in JP
Gouken is 4* - should be on Ayaka's banner
The ability is Yu's, which is 40% ATK/20%HP with sword, 4* (limited, Bravely banner)

bonkeng

Chaos Blade is Gabranth's TM (135 ATK no element), 5*
Prishe is 5*
Martial Gloves is Elfreeda's TM, 5*
Buster Form is Cloud's TM, 5*
Gouken is 4*
The ability is Yu's, which is 40% ATK/20%HP with sword, 4* (limited, Bravely banner)

Thanks for the info.

Five 5* units. That's a very expensive build.

The biggest problem now is Elfried and Cloud since they're together. 5 Clouds before Elfried shows up....

Shouta

2 Elfried, 1 Cloud, 1 Gabranth, 1 Prishe is what you need. The other TMs are 4 star units, Yu from Bravely and Gouken from the Ayaka banner.

Ideally, you want 2 Elfried and 2 Cloud because then you'll be able to make any char into a DH character if you wanted.

Tidus is currently the king because of this. 300% DH/260% attack with a potential 1440% attack is pretty disgusting. You need 2 DVs in on top of the above, minus Gabby

bonkeng

2 Elfried, 1 Cloud, 1 Gabranth, 1 Prishe is what you need. The other TMs are 4 star units, Yu from Bravely and Gouken from the Ayaka banner.

Ideally, you want 2 Elfried and 2 Cloud because then you'll be able to make any char into a DH character if you wanted.

Tidus is currently the king because of this. 300% DH/260% attack with a potential 1440% attack is pretty disgusting. You need 2 DVs in on top of the above, minus Gabby

But we have to consider that Cloud and DV tm won't stack on GL. Elfried should stack, hopefully.

Shouta

But we have to consider that Cloud and DV tm won't stack on GL. Elfried should stack, hopefully.

Right. The no stacking rule actually brings up the power of innate DH characters like Randi, and later DV, as they'll be the only ones that can touch the cap unless another TDH one exclusive to GL comes out.

Regular DH from Bartz should work with Cloud and Elfried TMs as long as it isn't a 2-handed weapon though is the other thing to keep in mind.

GL Randi is gonna be a beast with DH though. extra 20% attack and extra 75% killers will be insanity on those enemy types

across

No reason to think Cloud's TM will stack in GL and Elfreeda's may or may not - there's nothing really comparable in GL. Kelsus's TM doesn't stack in GL, that's about the only data point we have to go off of.

hitmon

IT FINALLY FUCKING HAPPENED!!!!! YEEEEESSSSSSSSSS DOUBLE FUCKING RAINBOW AND ONE IS 2B!!!!!! OTHER WAS EMP SO THAT'S MY 3RD MATEUS MALICE. I AM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! NOW I CAN STOP BITCHING AND SPENDING MONEY ON FFBE!!!!!!! FOR REAL THIS TIME, KID ON THE WAY, NEW HOUSE, MORTGAGE, AND YES I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS CAUSE I'M HYPE AS FUCK RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

Congrats Zera! I guess I'm the only one without 2B or A2 now.

Nikokuno

IT FINALLY FUCKING HAPPENED!!!!! YEEEEESSSSSSSSSS DOUBLE FUCKING RAINBOW AND ONE IS 2B!!!!!! OTHER WAS EMP SO THAT'S MY 3RD MATEUS MALICE. I AM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! NOW I CAN STOP BITCHING AND SPENDING MONEY ON FFBE!!!!!!! FOR REAL THIS TIME, KID ON THE WAY, NEW HOUSE, MORTGAGE, AND YES I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS CAUSE I'M HYPE AS FUCK RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

Happy for you Zera 😎

Stider

Welp, decided to buy some lapis. 2 draws for Dark Fina and 5* ticket gave me a 2nd DV. Was hoping for another A2 or a 2B but not too bad.

across

Dailied 9S #2, shoutouts to Gumi for not replacing the daily banner with Malboro Munchers.

Seeya Nier. Total spend: 22 normal tickets, 8 daily pulls, two 4* tickets, one 10+1. 8 21O, 1 Eve, 2 9S, 1 A2. I'm out!

Going into conservation mode (not total, but mostly) until FFXV Mog King (need a Glauca), and then the next GL exclusive content or Cloud, whichever comes first.

bonkeng

Damn. I don't know what got into me today. Got my paycheck, decided to chase after 2B because of her damn moogle in my inventory and since she limited.

17 multis before I got her. 8 rainbows including the two 5* tickets.

New:
Merc Ramza
Lunera
2B

Dupe:
DV #2
A2 #2
A2 #3
Ramza #1,000
Delita #2

Including the 9 multis i did initially, thats 26 multis total. This is by far the most pulls I've done so far in this game. God i feel terrible. This dual banner limited units need to stop.

tuffymon

Damn. I don't know what got into me today. Got my paycheck, decided to chase after 2B because of her damn moogle in my inventory and since she limited.

17 multis before I got her. 8 rainbows including the two 5* tickets.

New:
Merc Ramza
Lunera
2B

Dupe:
DV #2
A2 #2
A2 #3
Ramza #1,000
Delita #2

Including the 9 multis i did initially, thats 26 multis total. This is by far the most pulls I've done so far in this game. God i feel terrible. This dual banner limited units need to stop.

Congrats on the android party~

Vashetti

Banned
Aaaaand that's Chic Ariana maxed.

I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but I got the perfect amount of awakening materials from just playing each stage once.

Top Bottom