• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I got a level 3 sentinel Turian from the first pack. I've been trying him but I really wanted a Drell vanguard. The Turian doesn't seem to be able to roll or do anything to compensate?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I got a level 3 sentinel Turian from the first pack. I've been trying him but I really wanted a Drell vanguard. The Turian doesn't seem to be able to roll or do anything to compensate?

Apparently they have the highest accuracy of all the races, so they dont have any special dodge or kung fu moves.

I dropped my second weapon for my Soldier earlier today and I'm glad I did. Why?

1.45s recharge time on my maxed out concussive shot ladies and gentleman.

You can mow enemies down at ridiculous speeds. Regular troops? Can't even get a shot off at you before they're sent flying across the ground. Centurions? Easily dealt with because you can stagger them so much. Snipers? Staggered. Guardians? That shield is knocked flying out the way for easy headshots.

If only it worked on those turrets...

Stantron

I think I have the same class, and in the demo at level 5 they seem really weak. I got downed TWICE because their shields are poor and the shotgun default sucks.

Switched to Assault Rifle, hopefully that's better.

Yeah, DrellVan has pretty shitty shields/health starting out. That's why I try to stick with a sniper rifle. I've got my cluster grenades maxed out and try to stay close to ammo crates for refill spam... kind of a broken feature really. The rush move is good for temp invincibility and getting the fuck out of dodge. Shields/health can be improved later, even more so if you neglect melee.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I imagine a lot of people are playing Sentinels. That's what I'm playing.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Thanks to some people in a stream I'm watching, if you use this new Facebook app thing to invite people, by tying your Facebook account to Origin, you could have also been playing ME3 multiplayer with the BF3 people, and you can do it right now too:

http://apps.facebook.com/mass-effect/

I'd love to it and get into multi right this instant, but I don't feel like tying my Facebook to Origin, especially almost three days later that I could have already been playing the hell out of it - but there you go.

rozay

Banned
Thanks to some people in a stream I'm watching, if you use this new Facebook app thing to invite people, by tying your Facebook account to Origin, you could have also been playing ME3 multiplayer with the BF3 people, and you can do it right now too:

http://apps.facebook.com/mass-effect/

I'd love to it and get into multi right this instant, but I don't feel like tying my Facebook to Origin, especially almost three days later that I could have already been playing the hell out of it - but there you go.
make a fake facebook account with a disposable email address and link your origin account to it.

Mindlog

Well I played a friend's Drell Vanguard for 2 waves and it turns out I like the human Vanguard better anyway. Nova is a great ability.

I had a bunch of points stored when I got on my account again. I played another round and bought two veteran packs. Some shotgun/smg mods (which I never use) and two pistols (which I never use.) One of the pistols was in gold so maybe that's neat.

Where's the auction house? Let me put that pistol up for sale so I can buy more stupid packs and get something useful.

So far the only benefit to getting a veteran pack has been the guaranteed Atlas killers.

Is there any class that should really be carrying more than one weapon? Even when I was using the Viper on my sentinel I dropped the pistol for more throw. Will try playing some tomorrow, but it's looking unlikely atm. Still having fun even though the packages don't want me to.

RS4-

Lol, 5 vet packs later, still no chars. Most recent pack I got Cobra Missiles, 2 sniper rifles and a shotgun accessory

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
We should play sometime.

I had tons of fun pulling sniper duty with a Salarian while two others flanked.

But man, you need to revive your teammates.

Im not playing unfortunately, just looking at vids online since Im stuck away from home till the weekend, thats some other dude. I revive teammates like its my job in games.

rozay

Banned
I just might do that, considering you get a Recruitment kit for MP as well.

I'm gonna do it then, right now.
Do you already have someone to recruit you? If not, want to help me get a recruitment kit? :)

You shouldn't open the app with the new fb account, let someone who has already done so recruit you, then beat the single player portion and it'll unlock multiplayer for you. Otherwise you'll need to find someone to recruit that hasn't opened the app yet. I think you get a bonus kit when you do that and buy the game as well.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Do you already have someone to recruit you? If not, want to help me get a recruitment kit? :)

You shouldn't open the app with the new fb account, let someone who has already done so recruit you, then beat the single player portion and it'll unlock multiplayer for you. Otherwise you'll need to find someone to recruit that hasn't opened the app yet. I think you get a bonus kit when you do that and buy the game as well.

Yeah I had someone to do it, but I'll help you out instead, no probs!

But I gotta change the email because the spam email account actually blocked the Facebook confirmation email, because for some reason things like this wasn't the reason why the website was created. Umm, okay.

Dave_6

The MP is fun! Playing on PS3 and the frame rate is fine, unlike the SP part. Get 4 people in a game that know how to play and you can kick some ass.

I've been using Infiltrator with cryo blast and the sniper rifle. Seems to work very well.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Thanks for the help rozay!

Anyone else wants me to recruit them to get the MP early on 360/PC, send me a PM.

Symphonic

How long is the multiplayer up? I have to work out some port forwarding issues with my university, so hopefully it's up for a while.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
How long is the multiplayer up? I have to work out some port forwarding issues with my university, so hopefully it's up for a while.

Till March 6th when the full game is released, unless they changed that and said otherwise.

I'm Level 12 right now and the multiplayer is fantastic. Too bad I gotta wait for random crate drop to unlock Salarian Engi

Also multiplayer better not have micro-transactions with the credits business.

Symphonic

Till March 6th when the full game is released, unless they changed that and said otherwise.

Awesome! Good to hear. I'm not going to be able to buy the game for a bit so this will be great to tide me over :)

Have they said whether or not your progress in multi carries over into the game?

jediyoshi

What's the power you're using frequently after you charge? It looks like shockwave but in the middle of the air, not on the ground. Also, this looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait.
Yep that's shockwave now. Much shorter range and isn't stuck to the ground, kinda makes me miss the old earthquake sound.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
What's the power you're using frequently after you charge? It looks like shockwave but in the middle of the air, not on the ground. Also, this looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait.

That is the new Shockwave, its now a pulsating biotic field. Probably more lore friendly and realistic in traveling expanse but doesnt seem to have the same punch as the ME2 shockwave.

Friday from 7pm till monday 3am EST. I will be there on PC. I need to make up for lost time for being away all this week.

I go in for my second dosing (UCLA Medical Study) tomorrow, so Friday is all clear for me, but I must warn you, I will be fucked up.

Well, I tried the Multiplayer demo today. I went in expecting it to be pretty bland, but I was definitely wrong.

I'm hooked.

My favorite class is the Vanguard, specifically with the Drell (which I pulled from my first Recruit crate). I also pulled a Phalanx pistol that is super good. I have gotten it up to level 3 with a level 4 scope.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I go in for my second dosing (UCLA Medical Study) tomorrow, so Friday is all clear for me, but I must warn you, I will be fucked up.

Well Ive got a sore throat/cold right now and if it doesnt go away by Friday Ill be shotgunning Dayquil and chloraspetic so Ill be pretty fucked up myself.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Still haven't gotten the Krogan with Warp (SMH Bioware. Trolling me. :() but did get an "M-6 Carnifex" Gold drop from the Veteran kit with playing with two others that cleared both maps on Bronze. Slapped a given scope + (forgetting, I think a) damage buff and you have a sniper rifle hand cannon on your hands for Bronze. It's slow. But three shotting things in the body on these maps is hilarious.

Also I upgraded Warp on my Sentinel Female Human to level 6 with the stats for it on the bars completely to the right. And yet I'm not noticing any huge damage that it does on Mass Effect 2. Disappointing. :(

I saw a Vanguard charge an, Atlas.
Time to drop adept and get back to a real class.

I was on a team, one girl was Infiltrator. We all got killed early in Wave 9, except her. She proceeds to kill about 30 guys single-handedly, including two Atlus.

It was some Rambo Shit.

squidyj

I was on a team, one girl was Infiltrator. We all got killed early in Wave 9, except her. She proceeds to kill about 30 guys single-handedly, including two Atlus.

It was some Rambo Shit.

infiltrator is boss, that cloak is so clutch, just when you think you're boxed in you cloak away to some other corner of the map and resume snipin'

so good.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I saw a Vanguard charge an, Atlas.
Time to drop adept and get back to a real class.

That shit is cool, but I still think a Krogan simply headbutting an Atlas to death is wayyy more badass. Theres a vid of it on youtube somewhere.

infiltrator is boss, that cloak is so clutch, just when you think you're boxed in you cloak away to some other corner of the map and resume snipin'

so good.

Everyone was giving her shit, too, about being a girl.

At the end, she goes "you were saying?".

It was perfect.

Wasn't feeling the single player demo at all but the multiplayer was a complete shock to me. Can't believe how much fun I'm having with my friends. Got my human adept to 12 so far; warp and shockwave are so fun. Idk how I feel about singularity though, doesn't affect half of the enemies around due to shields and barrier. How does detonating it work?

Btw, how does unlocking races work? Do they only come out of the veteran boxes?

Top Bottom