• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Had a couple of pretty tight rounds with Metalmurphy. First was a full squad and we didn't really have any trouble decimating all 11 rounds on Noveria. Then they bailed bailed and it was up to him and me to conquer Benning.

We got to round ten and lost, which is unfortunate. Goddamn game threw in the four hacking points at round fucking ten, the perfect objective for only two people.

I did some stupid shit and got killed. Metalmurphy got killed. We lost. Had we gotten a regular wave I think we could have pulled it off.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Had a couple of pretty tight rounds with Metalmurphy. First was a full squad and we didn't really have any trouble decimating all 11 rounds on Noveria. Then they bailed bailed and it was up to him and me to conquer Benning.

We got to round ten and lost, which is unfortunate. Goddamn game threw in the four hacking points at round fucking ten, the perfect objective for only two people.

I did some stupid shit and got killed. Metalmurphy got killed. We lost. Had we gotten a regular wave I think we could have pulled it off.

I'd be down to play with you, but you live in AU don't you? We play at like, 10pm MNT. I don't think we'd be able to find a mutual play time.

Not finding excuses but damn... I was warping back and forth like an Asari on drugs :p

But yeah, it was loads of fun, I never thought I'd ever be saying this about freaking Mass Effect, but I'm more excited about the MP then the SP now. They really need to have lots of maps and many more so through DLC though, I can see this getting old really fast otherwise.

Well I've gotten to playing with on Origin and 360. Man my origin account is lucky, first thing I got was a Turian Sentinel. <3 overload but I was watching this human infiltrator demolish everything while the rest of us were down. Man tactical cloak is OP lol

If GAF wants to play:

Origin: Razgriz417
GT: Razgriz417

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
They really need to have lots of maps and many more so through DLC though, I can see this getting old really fast otherwise.

At the very least it is telling how addictive the multiplayer is with only two maps and one enemy faction. We know of at least two more factions for the main game, and there should be plenty more maps given the size of the galaxy map.

I suspect these arenas are re-purposed in single player, probably used in
N7 missions that require you land on a planet and search for survivors
. They're simple enough to be used effectively in the main campaign, while also being arenas for the multiplayer.

I'd be down to play with you, but you live in AU don't you? We play at like, 10pm MNT. I don't think we'd be able to find a mutual play time.

It's nearly 6am here :p. I'm awake at erratic hours of the day. We can try and organise something.

Well I've gotten to playing with on Origin and 360. Man my origin account is lucky, first thing I got was a Turian Sentinel. <3 overload but I was watching this human infiltrator demolish everything while the rest of us were down. Man tactical cloak is OP lol

Maxed out tactical cloak with the right choices, and a sniper rifle, makes you capable of delivering an absurd amount of damage, especially for headshots. Keep your load out low and you can recharge in to time. I run a sniper and heavy pistol and I cant see myself ever adding anything else.

Stantron

I've gotten some decent weapons and mods in the Recruit package. Recently got a longshot mod for my Viper III. I've been doing Veteran package, but will now switch back to Recruit since I'm not looking for any more new classes, just weapons. I figure four crap shoots is worth it over one.

By the way, I didn't realize this before, but grenades take much longer to refill from ammo crates on Silver than on Bronze. I've got three capacity, but it seems like it takes about 15-20 seconds for the first too, and longer for the third.

Kind of wish there was more personality to the characters through dialogue and combat chatter. That's what gave Gears its charm and even that I want ramped up ten fold.

I've also noticed that if you level up one race of a certain class, then you will have at least that much xp for when you unlock another race of the same class. I'm surprised they don't make you level up each one individually.

jtrov

They really need to have lots of maps and many more so through DLC though, I can see this getting old really fast otherwise.

I absolutely agree with this notion. They could explore so many different locations and settings within the Mass Effect lore that are not present in single-player story. It would also still make sense given the scale of the war currently going on.

I also fear that it could get old after awhile, but if they were to add more gear, such as different armor sets, and other loot based equipment it could help the longevity of the mode. I've played quite a few rounds and it's just far too fun working together and using each classes abilities to effectively take down waves of enemies as a group.

I definitely hope they expand and build upon it after release. It really shocked me and exceeded what I originally expected. Can't wait to see more of it when it releases.

EDIT: I also agree with what was said above. The amount of time I've played online so far is very telling of how much fun I'm having with the multiplayer. It really has me excited to see more of the MP and also has me wondering on what else they could add to it.

rozay

Banned
I'm having a ton of fun with this but it definitely needs a lot of maps and some more variety to have any form of longevity in the final game.

Also, are the levels of the guns you get related to your N7 level/character level?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
With how positive the response has been for Co-op I hope BioWare has at least preliminary plans for expansions that would add stuff like more objective oriented missions that are less of a hoard mode and more of a mission and other variations that really focus on squad communication and cooperation. PvP is likely to never ever happen, which is fine by me cause I dont like PvP all that much, but having more variations of Co-op would be fantastic.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
With how positive the response has been for Co-op I hope BioWare has at least preliminary plans for expansions that would add stuff like more objective oriented missions that are less of a hoard mode and more of a mission and other variations that really focus on squad communication and cooperation. PvP is likely to never ever happen, which is fine by me cause I dont like PvP all that much, but having more variations of Co-op would be fantastic.

I would like to see some variations on co-op. Full mission-based co-op would be cool.

Also, are the levels of the guns you get related to your N7 level/character level?

afaik, you can level up your guns by buying packs.

Reikon

It really annoys me when people make their character white. I always think they're an enemy. And shockwave. I really hate shockwave (as an infiltrator).

And is text chat broken in PC? I can't seem to get it to work. I was in a group that easily cleared bronze 5+ times and I wanted the host to change it to silver, but I couldn't get text chat to work and he seemed to ignore my voice chat.

At the very least it is telling how addictive the multiplayer is with only two maps and one enemy faction. We know of at least two more factions for the main game, and there should be plenty more maps given the size of the galaxy map.

I suspect these arenas are re-purposed in single player, probably used in
N7 missions that require you land on a planet and search for survivors
. They're simple enough to be used effectively in the main campaign, while also being arenas for the multiplayer.

It's nearly 6am here :p. I'm awake at erratic hours of the day. We can try and organise something.

Maxed out tactical cloak with the right choices, and a sniper rifle, makes you capable of delivering an absurd amount of damage, especially for headshots. Keep your load out low and you can recharge in to time. I run a sniper and heavy pistol and I cant see myself ever adding anything else.

What did you go with? I think I made the wrong choices on my Infiltrator. :(

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I would like to see some variations on co-op. Full mission-based co-op would be cool.

Yeah I dont need like SP level quality missions, but just cool challenges of assault point X, rescue group Y, destroy enemy base Z, intercept package Q. Just something with a sense of progression by not simply treading all over the same square map for 25 minutes. Simple mission like that could all be on the same map but it would still go a long way.

This Co-op has shown so much potential and is so fun it would be a real shame if they dont expand upon it and people lose interest as they all too often do.

Support engineer here...I take out shields and light your enemies on fire! Drones are freaking useful against the heavy shield guys...

Phantoms still scare me.

EatChildren

What did you go with? I think I made the wrong choices on my Infiltrator. :(

On the tactical cloak? Damage for rank 4, melee damage for rank 5, and sniper damage for rank 6.

For alliance training I have weapon damage for rank 4, headshots for rank five, and weapon damage for rank 6.

Currently going through fitness, and have no other skills. Level 13.

On the tactical cloak? Damage for rank 4, melee damage for rank 5, and sniper damage for rank 6.

For alliance training I have weapon damage for rank 4, headshots for rank five, and weapon damage for rank 6.

Currently going through fitness, and have no other skills. Level 13.

Yeah I chose the totally opposite path on that tree. The idea of being to get a shot off while camo seems great, if you can land a headshot with the Mantis thats basically perfect. I unlocked the Viper which doesnt seem to be one shot headshots (but is better all round elsewhere). If the damage increase makes it a one shot kill while in Camo I think I may have chose the wrong path.

thetrin

Yeah I dont need like SP level quality missions, but just cool challenges of assault point X, rescue group Y, destroy enemy base Z, intercept package Q. Just something with a sense of progression by not simply treading all over the same square map for 25 minutes. Simple mission like that could all be on the same map but it would still go a long way.

This Co-op has shown so much potential and is so fun it would be a real shame if they dont expand upon it and people lose interest as they all too often do.

Well, I think it'll be interesting also to be able to change your enemy. Right now it's locked to Cerberus, but I assume Reapers will be selectable as well.

As it stands, the current multiplayer setup could use some more variables to tweak to keep it alive. In fact, if they periodically released mutators like UT, that would really extend the life of the multiplayer.

Support engineer here...I take out shields and light your enemies on fire! Drones are freaking useful against the heavy shield guys...

Phantoms still scare me.

I'm a lvl 13 Sentinel with powered up Warp and Fitness. Phantoms don't scare me. Atlases make me shit my pants.

JerkShep

This is so addicting, if someone is interested
360: Cloudberserker

So to unlock classes...recruit or veteran? I've unlocked only a Quarian Engineer (and I'm having a lot of fun with it, spamming turrets and incinerate). I think I'll try an adept next

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
thetrin said:
Well, I think it'll be interesting also to be able to change your enemy. Right now it's locked to Cerberus, but I assume Reapers will be selectable as well.

As it stands, the current multiplayer setup could use some more variables to tweak to keep it alive. In fact, if they periodically released mutators like UT, that would really extend the life of the multiplayer.

Yeah there should be at least two enemy types Cerberus and Reapers/Husks and Ive seen people speculate about the Geth being one, but Im not sure how thats gonna work story wise. So those 3 alone offer a good deal of diversity.

It would be cool if they were able to add in to it the merc groups from ME2, not that it would make sense from a story stand point but for simple fun it would be nice to have that diversity of the Blood Pack, Eclipse and Blue Suns groups and their various penchants for the different class types and mechs. Hell if they really wanted they could add in the Collectors too. But we're getting ahead of ourselves we still dont know everything about Co-op and what it entails. March 6th cant come soon enough.

rozay

Banned

afaik, you can level up your guns by buying packs.

Are weapons considered uncommon items or should I be buying the 5000 packs to level them up faster?

Good get more people playing, so freaking addicting want some teammates that actually talk and coordinate, really wanna win on Gold, can get silver pretty easy at this point but want gold!

Sai

SIGH... The multiplayer might be decent fun, if the people I'm playing with would actually stop idling or quitting in the lobby or mid-game and LET ME PLAY.

I'll throw some of you guys a few invites later.

The worst is when I'm just playing all casually and peacefully, but then lose my shit when folks won't stand in the hacking circle part. It's the difference between something like 7500 credits and 1400 credits, damnit! Get your asses in the circle!

Someone here help me
im trying to connect with a firend to play
and the stupid origin doesnt let us

Cabnt someone explain me how to send invites, because origin sure cant.

EDIT: She is inviting me, im trying to enter, the games goes on. Then it says its been impossible to connect to the game, even though is doing it just for the two of us.
Fuck you origin.

rozay

Banned
Also to anyone playing vanguard, do you have a second of delay between pressing Y and charging? It isn't input lag as it would be readily apparent to me in everything I do if so.

Also, I feel like there's a delay between shooting someone with a shotgun and their health bar going down. I have no idea why either of these are happening but it's killing my interest in my favorite ME2 class :(

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
No lie, while playing, I decided I was gonna buy a Veteran package and said - "c'mon, give me that Krogan Soldier" - and bam, I got it. Four alien characters now.

I gotta say that the multiplayer really took me by surprise with how fun it is - my Infiltrator is maxed out the way I want it to be, Engineer almost there, Vanguard I left because it's tough to play without communicating teammates, but I can start now that other friends can play online now too.

Also to anyone playing vanguard, do you have a second of delay between pressing Y and charging? It isn't input lag as it would be readily apparent to me in everything I do if so.

Also, I feel like there's a delay between shooting someone with a shotgun and their health bar going down. I have no idea why either of these are happening but it's killing my interest in my favorite ME2 class :(

Yup, same thing, and very annoying.

JambiBum

No lie, while playing, I decided I was gonna buy a Veteran package and said - "c'mon, give me that Krogan Soldier" - and bam, I got it. Four alien characters now.

I gotta say that the multiplayer really took me by surprise with how fun it is - my Infiltrator is maxed out the way I want it to be, Engineer almost there, Vanguard I left because it's tough to play without communicating teammates, but I can start now that other friends can play online now too.

I have no aliens :( I hate you.

Thiis is incredible. Writing with the iphone right now because fucking origin Has fucked mu computer. I cant even restart windows and its trying to do a start reparation or something like that (10 minutes and it doesnt seem to be working). Please someone help me with this situation im incredibly mad right now with ea. What if my computer doesnt work anymore!?

Lockon

Just finished beating a couple rounds on Silver with 3 people...felt so good! Got like 25k+ money for each match! I was a lvl 20 human engineer with maxed out drone that shoot out rocket <3, the other were infiltrators. I died a lot since I like to use drone as decoy and then rush. Can't wait for the full game.

Edit: Also, I want Quarian Engineer to test out the max out turret!!!

EatChildren

I'm gonna open a room in a minute or two, Bronze, for anybody who wants to join me.

DTKT

Thiis is incredible. Writing with the iphone right now because fucking origin Has fucked mu computer. I cant even restart windows and its trying to do a start reparation or something like that (10 minutes and it doesnt seem to be working). Please someone help me with this situation im incredibly mad right now with ea. What if my computer doesnt work anymore!?

I doubt that has anything to do with Origin.

EatChildren

Unusual for Origin to cause a problem like that. If Windows wants to attempt a repair you should maybe try and let it do that. Otherwise try booting in safe mode.

It was origin, it was locking my computer every time i was trying to play online mass effect 3 demo. When i was with origin off the computer worked perfectly. The last lock origin did passed to a windows blue screen that turn my computer off. Windows says it cant repair itself, what can i do?

EatChildren

It was origin, it was locking my computer every time i was trying to play online mass effect 3 demo. When i was with origin off the computer worked perfectly. The last lock origin did passed to a windows blue screen that turn my computer off. Windows says it cant repair itself, what can i do?

Try starting in safe mode, which should require holding F8 as soon as you turn the computer on, then uninstall Origin. See here.

Try starting in safe mode, which should require holding F8 as soon as you turn the computer on, then uninstall Origin. See here.

Thanks eatchildren, i just called an IT friend to come to my house. The problem is that during restart my keyboard doesnt work so i dont know how can i enter in safe mode, i hope my friend can help me, but thanks a lot for the help. My most feared thing is that i have lost all what I had in my hard disk, as i had a similar problem once that destroyed my hard disk.

Stantron

I just paid for my pre order at gamestop. The guy asks me if I wanna reserve $10 day one MP dlc. lol godamnit Bioware.

Top Bottom