• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

GSR

Just logged an hour or so. Definitely the better half of the demo, and surprisingly fun and addicting. I don't know how much I'll play in the final game, but I'll definitely log some hours.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got my Turian Sentinel to level 7. Don't really like Sentinel so I'm waiting for another alien to pop out. Give me a Drell Vanguard dammit.

Could turn on my pc at last. Mi friend helped me and yes, it seems that it was origin the one that gave problems.
Seems that Origin corrupted some windows files or something with the various look ups it did, and those were the ones that the computer couldnt find to restore itself, so he used the Windows 7 dvd to boot windows from there and the dvd restored the corrupted files.
Origin didnt work anymore when I could enter windows again. So we had to uninstall and install it again. Now the Mass Effect 3 demo doesnt work, so we also had to unistall it it. Its downloading right now, so it hope it works.
Origin seems to be more stable this time around. Lets pray for the best.

EDIT: Uninstalled and installed the demo again and still doenst work, it crashes when the bioware intro starts.

Man, the Krogan Soldier is so fun. I spent most of my time with him charging into people with the charged-up melee move. Melee combined with the fortification power and the shotgun bayonet, you can pretty much destroy assault guys in one hit.

Anyway, has anyone unlocked the Quarian Engineer? If so, how is the sentry turret?

Playing with randoms kinda soured me on the whole thing, but once I found a decent group of folks I had a lot more fun with it. Ran into way too many lobbys where one person wouldn't ready up and left everyone hanging, not cool.

XBL GT: Hallway Giant

Magik

How the hell are you suppose to populate a lobby? Nobody ever seems to join.

Oh yeah, the load times are annoying as fuck.

PSN: Fear_Magik

Edgeward

Couldn't find a lobby to populate on PC, so I just started the mission by myself. Big mistake. Got swarmed and bodied so bad.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Just played my first round as an Adept. Holy shit was it fun. I may have came for to finish the Shepard's story, but I might end up staying for the multiplayer.

It sucks that my free character unlock was a Krogan soldier. I was hoping for a Drell Adept, but nothing carrying over means it's not that big of a deal.

Mindlog

It sucks that my free character unlock was a Krogan soldier.
I would trade a Drell Vanguard, Salarian Infiltrator and about 6 weapons for it!

Ways to tell your pub team is going to be good #1: Everyone only has one weapon. I'm about to hop on. Hopefully I can get a human male or asari vanguard. Just to try them out. Human vanguard is still crazy powerful.

I would trade a Drell Vanguard, Salarian Infiltrator and about 6 weapons for it!

Ways to tell your pub team is going to be good #1: Everyone only has one weapon. I'm about to hop on. Hopefully I can get a human male or asari vanguard. Just to try them out. Human vanguard is still crazy powerful.

Is one weapon really that much of an advantage over two?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is one weapon really that much of an advantage over two?

For biotic spam, yeah. Too bad Biotics don't work as they do in singleplayer. Tech Armor is useless since you have to get in close (which is suicide) to detonate it manually as opposed to it being a "FUCK YOU" retaliation attack in single player)

DanielJr82

Why can't people join in mid game in these Horde mode type of games? Is Monday Night Combat the only game out there that lets people join in mid game? If one motherfucker leaves because he's got shit to do, we're one guy down and the enemies don't scale to the number of players left. Then when the match is over, another motherfucker leaves and we're two guys short. Nobody rejoins either at the end of the match!! WHY NOT??!! I'll probably ignore this feature in the full game if I get keep getting paired up with selfish assholes who don't bother cooperating or reviving, or quitters. It's a fun idea, but it's a big meh overall right now.

Also a big meh to players who don't use a fucking mic. It's a co-op mode, talking would at least help a little. Blah, this is why I hate co-op games, especially with randoms.

JambiBum

Why can't people join in mid game in these Horde mode type of games? Is Monday Night Combat the only game out there that lets people join in mid game? If one motherfucker leaves because he's got shit to do, we're one guy down and the enemies don't scale to the number of players left. Then when the match is over, another motherfucker leaves and we're two guys short. Nobody rejoins either at the end of the match!! WHY NOT??!! I'll probably ignore this feature in the full game if I get keep getting paired up with selfish assholes who don't bother cooperating or reviving, or quitters. It's a fun idea, but it's a big meh overall right now.

Also a big meh to players who don't use a fucking mic. It's a co-op mode, talking would at least help a little. Blah, this is why I hate co-op games, especially with randoms.

People can join mid game just fine.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I think it does. Someone started a game with 3 people in it and we later had a fourth.

Hey, so I just saw that the achievements in ME3 are all obtainable without playing MP. Sweet.

Now, for people who have actually played it, is it fun? That is to say, if it had none of the trappings of the ME universe, would you choose to play it over the other options out there?

Would you prefer it to something like Gears of War 3 horde mode or other multiplayer options?

jgminto

Rolling with my Infiltrator using shotgun only. Damn it's a lot of fun. Rushing in and blasting dudes in the face, flanking riot shielders and blowing their head off and then bolting when they become aware. I'll probably stick with this at least until I unlock a decent sniper rifle.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Just played my first round as an Adept. Holy shit was it fun. I may have came for to finish the Shepard's story, but I might end up staying for the multiplayer.

It sucks that my free character unlock was a Krogan soldier. I was hoping for a Drell Adept, but nothing carrying over means it's not that big of a deal.

I just tried the Krogan, and I retract my statement. Dude is a goddamn tank.

Orca

Not necessarily. I carry two weapons with my Engineer, an assault rifle and a shotgun. I don't need Biotic spam so much since I rely on the Drone (now with MISSILES!) to harass and distract, and the shotgun is much much handier when I get surprised from the side.

That said, when I get Overload leveled up I'll probably drop the shotgun.

Booya! Got a Krogan Soldier in my starter pack.

Playing with randoms as the multiplayer opened to the masses was not good. I found one good team, but that was it. I'm guessing it'll get better over time, as there won't be as many noobs. A month or two after ME3's launch should be perfect.

Also, I really hate that none of the demo unlocks and progression carry over to ME3. I have limited gaming time, so I don't really want to waste a lot of it on this demo if nothing transfers, but at the same time I really want to play it. Frustrating.

scarybore

Anyway, has anyone unlocked the Quarian Engineer? If so, how is the sentry turret?

I just unlocked one after 20 hours of not having a single alien race playable, though her being level 15 helped lessen the pain. Turret is the same deal as in the single player, personally I would rather much rather have a drone. The speed you can fire off tech abilities even with 2 weapons equipped is pretty fab though, can spam cryo like mad.

Mindlog

Not necessarily. I carry two weapons with my Engineer, an assault rifle and a shotgun. I don't need Biotic spam so much since I rely on the Drone (now with MISSILES!) to harass and distract, and the shotgun is much much handier when I get surprised from the side.

True, I probably could have been more specific.

I played 2 games and watched 1. One of my games had 4 Vanguards. I only wish we had stunlocked the Atlas mechs instead of using missiles.

In the game I watched a Salarian Infiltrator was trying to close out the round as everyone else was dead. He was just about to win it. Then the Atlas reached over, picked him up and crushed him with his claw.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Played with it for about 40 min today (PC version) and it was fun. Aside from Transformers and Bulletstorm I've never played a horde mode, so it was kind of refreshing.

I just killed three hours playing this on 360. I was having so much fun playing as a Vanguard! I came out way on top every round! Biotic Charging all over the maps!

And then I unlocked a Drell Vanguard. It was beautiful.

rozay

Banned
Hey, so I just saw that the achievements in ME3 are all obtainable without playing MP. Sweet.

Now, for people who have actually played it, is it fun? That is to say, if it had none of the trappings of the ME universe, would you choose to play it over the other options out there?

Would you prefer it to something like Gears of War 3 horde mode or other multiplayer options?
I've played a lot of horde-style and firefight modes and honestly this shines when you're on a team of 4 and you have to really work together and use powers to stay alive. It's pretty fun, I just hope there's enough variety to keep it interesting for more than a month or two.

360. Had a blast as an Adept playing with a buddy from work. Singularity is no joke.

Controls are not as smooth as Gears though. A little clunky, which has always been the case with Mass Effect, but having an online mode this fast pace really puts the light on it even more.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

Stop playing with randoms!

Moaradin

I joined mid-game on a match earlier.

Serious

Oh god, the new Overload is hilarious once you get the Neural Shock upgrade. I've got my Overload with the first Chain upgrade and Neural, and it's beautiful. Can't imagine how ridiculous it would be with both chain upgrades (double damage is too tasty to give up, especially with how annoying Atlas mechs and Phantoms are).

Top Bottom