• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Stantron

I'm so sick of games requiring me to mash a button mindlessly (when downed). I don't need the extra carpal tunnel.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
List updated, and added the mega live profile.

Anyone know if the collector's edition stuff/preorder stuff affects multiplayer in any way? I was going to cancel my collector's edition after trying out the single player but the multi is making me question that decision

The only thing I saw in the collector's edition that may be a part of multiplayer was this:

N7 Arsenal Pack: Contains the N7 Valiant Sniper Rifle, N7 Crusader Shotgun, N7 Hurricane SMG, and N7 Eagle Pistol.

pmj

Servers were super slow for me to connect to half an hour ago, but it worked fine once I got in. I played some more and did much better this time, finishing all waves on bronze. I still don't think I want to play this mode.

Anyway, in the lobby I was on top of the list and it said leader next to my name. Does this mean I'm the host or is this how it appears for every player? It wasn't a game I created.

Zoibie

Liking the MP in the game quite a bit, which is making my decision on which platform to buy it for even harder. I want to complete the trilogy on 360 but all my friends are on PS3. Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, I'm up for some games.

Gaf: Zoibie - 360: Zoibie - PS3: Zoibie

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I've got a level II Revenant and I don't even use assault rifles. Same goes for goddamn shotgun mods.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I've got a level II Revenant and I don't even use assault rifles. Same goes for goddamn shotgun mods.

I have so many sniper rifle upgrades and mods it's ridiculous. I don't use sniper rifles. :(

Btw, I am therealtrin on Origin. Any PC players are welcome to add me. I play with my roommate every night.

Seems like the majority who are in this thread have already played for quite some time, but I'll post my opinions - I just played last night.

There are many good things about this demo:

- Level Progression
- Loot (via packages, earned by credits)
- Earning credits at a decent rate that still give good feedback to how you play
- Online play that INCLUDES drop in/out
- The roar when people are doing certain powers. Sounds badass.

There are also many bad things about this demo:

- Execution by baddies a la Gears of War. Blegh
- SLOW fire rate on some of the weapons
- Weapons don't give as good of feedback as they do in Shepard's hands. Recoil is high, slow RoF, it just feels too.... multiplayer-ish, and not awesome.
- Pull (and most other biotic powers) is like a grenade being thrown out now. How LAME. I liked it when it felt similar to force pulling someone like Star Wars
- Lack of being able to choose exactly which character I want to be (i.e. race and class). This could be seen as something new given the random loot that drops, but I would like to be able to choose what I look like.
- Mechanics of the cover and dodge system mess with other mechanics - shooting, reviving and running vs dodging vs finding cover. Seems like it can get confused sometimes.

Overall demo impression: 8/10.
Loved it, but not enough to marry it.

Emitan

Damn, I don't want to unlock Asari, I want to play as one from the start! AND WHY DO I KEEP GETTING SHOTGUN STUFF? I'M AN ADEPT!!

Multiplayer seems fun, but the gameplay systems around it are pretty terrible.

Why do all of my characters need unique names? It only shows my Origin name WHICH I CANNOT CHANGE

Damn, I don't want to unlock Asari, I want to play as one from the start! AND WHY DO I KEEP GETTING SHOTGUN STUFF? I'M AN ADEPT!!

Multiplayer seems fun, but the gameplay systems around it are pretty terrible.

Why do all of my characters need unique names? It only shows my Origin name WHICH I CANNOT CHANGE

You know, that's not a bad idea. Allow 1 character unlock per amount of levels (like 10 or something high, to encourage loot drops), with 1 unlock available from the start.

I would say how much I hate you right now but looking at the other rare weapons I've unlocked (Widow/Krogan Shotgun) I'm guessing that the Revenant weighs a ton.

I'm finding the weight/cooldown balancing in the demo to be quite bad actually. I might have 20% more firepower over the basic assault rifle, but at the cost of something like a -150% power regeneration rate.

In fact, for all the unlockable weapons they seem to have extremely excessive weights for what you get.

In other news, Vanguard is ridiculous at higher levels. I ended up with something like 40K score in my game just now because with the minimal loadout (200% faster power regeneration!), my Charge/Nova combo wiped out huge chains of enemies... and I could combo it every 3 seconds.

AlexBasch

Pretty sure you can. Click on your Origin name at the right top corner and you'll get the profile screen, edit profile, change Origin name and done.

Unless you mean something else?

abundant

I played for about 3 hours this morning and this is easily my favorite Horde Mode. I suck at shooters, so I stuck mostly with the Adept class, firing off Singularities to make enemies easy targets for my teammates and Warp when ever I wanted to do some damage. Biotic Explosions are real easy to do now by yourself thanks to the new cooldown system.

I'm probably not going to play the demo much, so I don't get burned out come March 6.

Reikon

In other news, Vanguard is ridiculous at higher levels. I ended up with something like 40K score in my game just now because with the minimal loadout (200% faster power regeneration!), my Charge/Nova combo wiped out huge chains of enemies... and I could combo it every 3 seconds.

Pfft, 40k? :p I've gotten about 70k several times as an infiltrator with only a Widow. That thing can kill guardians with one body shot through their shields on silver with all my damage bonus skills.

On an unrelated note, this game really needs a working text chat.

Pfft, 40k? :p I've gotten about 70k several times as an infiltrator with only a Widow. That thing can kill guardians with one body shot through their shields on silver with all my damage bonus skills.

With 4 players in the game? Either that's very impressive or I'd have to question what your teammates were doing.

How much more do you score on silver (I was on bronze)?

Would try silver more but randoms tend to suck at it, and matchmaking allows level 1 players in. Hope they add a level gate for the difficulties in the retail version.

jgminto

Why does the second shotgun I unlock have to be worst than the Katana? The Scimitar drops some damage for a bit more accuracy and capacity but it's so much easier to pop heads with the Katana.

Zoibie

Anyone else having trouble getting into games on PS3? It'll matchmake and load the game then throw up a "please wait..." sign while I'm staring at the background of the level.

Emitan

Anyone else having trouble getting into games on PS3? It'll matchmake and load the game then throw up a "please wait..." sign while I'm staring at the background of the level.

Does the same for me on PC. Maybe their serves are being hammered?

Reikon

With 4 players in the game? Either that's very impressive or I'd have to question what your teammates were doing.

How much more do you score on silver (I was on bronze)?

Would try silver more but randoms tend to suck at it, and matchmaking allows level 1 players in. Hope they add a level gate for the difficulties in the retail version.

Yeah, 4 people. It's actually easier to score high on silver as an infiltrator since most things take 1 shot to kill on either bronze or silver. It takes other people longer to kill enemies on silver, so I can rack up points easier than them.

Cimarron

Very Firefight-esque. I played with Babeslayer last nigth and had fun. It was a bit laggy but it looks like it has promise. No Geth killing?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Being the last guy on your team and cleaning up shop with well placed charges to get across the map, constant shockwaves...goddamn, this is extremely fun.

Very Firefight-esque. I played with Babeslayer last nigth and had fun. It was a bit laggy but it looks like it has promise. No Geth killing?

Ya I appreciated the game was good fun. Although my stupid headphones ran out of batteries naturally lol. As for the Geth I imagine they will be a faction.

Ahhhhh...just had two great games with a great team! When you work together and stay close, it works wonders. Had such a blast. We survived all 11 rounds, on Bronze, but still, it got tough at times.

Thanks to those who've added me from this thread. I was wondering "who are these people who keep adding me?", only to realise quite a few are from Gaf, if not all lol!

My Origin is BondSkyfall btw, if anyone still wants to add. :)

Just imagine this when all the enemies are roaming around. :3

Astery

origin, looking for budds to play silver and may be gold difficulty especially atm :)
GAF: Astery | Origin: Kaiserihind

Stantron

Lol!, I just got your invite. I was gonna add you just because your name is HighFiveBro funnily enough! And you have a picture of a little puppy as your avatar, so that helps. :p

Cheers dude!

What is your avatar from?
image.php

RS4-

What is your avatar from?
image.php

I think that's Prometheus.

Anyway, about races and classes, if I have both a human and krogan soldier, do I get 20 skill points to spend for each for example or are they for whatever reason, tied together.

I think that's Prometheus.

Anyway, about races and classes, if I have both a human and krogan soldier, do I get 20 skill points to spend for each for example or are they for whatever reason, tied together.

I believe they are separate. So if you level up your Human, your Krogan will also level up and each will have their own separate amount of points to spend on Powers.

Top Bottom