• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

klez

So does anyone still need to preorder the game? I just have the budget to get the game so it'd be perfect if anyone can join up w/ a two pack. I can even host the pack. Just pm me for details. Thx.

classicdms

Neo Member
Repost for new page. This is important to me.
classicdms said:
GAF, I don't have enough PC gaming buddies. I don't have enough (read: any) friends on here yet either. I have played a bit of TF2 with some of you on the GAF server.

My sad point is that I need a Portal buddy. For co-op. I need someone who can put up with my brute force style of play. That's all I ask. Any takers?

Add me on Steam and message me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/classicdms

Arnie

LiquidMetal14 said:
The wait until midnight on Monday will be horrendous.
Do people actually think it could launch tomorrow? I'd be really tempted to just dive in and buy a steam copy if so.

Arnie

Dax01 said:
Thanks for the compliment on the OP, Arnie. =P
Oh you Dax. :) It's very nice, props to Botolf too, those portal dividers between the posts are awesome. In fact I think they should become an OT staple regardless of the game just as a throwback to our Valve overlords.

overcast

This thread looks great. Good job OP.

Can't wait for this game. I will love co-op to death. There is at least 20 hours of content on this disc. Can't wait.

StuBurns

Banned
overcast said:
This thread looks great. Good job OP.

Can't wait for this game. I will love co-op to death. There is at least 20 hours of content on this disc. Can't wait.
Speaking of which, has there been any talk about if there are advanced levels this time around?

Majukun

thanks for the avatar

ikIyHm.gif

StuBurns said:
Speaking of which, has there been any talk about if there are advanced levels this time around?
I haven't seen anything that confirms or denies it, but I remember reading something that said challenges like "least portals" were left to achievements.

StuBurns

Banned
Dax01 said:
I haven't seen anything that confirms or denies it, but I remember reading something that said challenges like "least portals" were left to achievements.
I just looked at the achievements (to anyone considering it, don't, serious fucking spoilers) there's no indication there is anything beyond the normal single player and co-op campaigns, which is a shame I think. In terms of content, this will probably have less in terms of play time than Portal 1 for me.

th3dude

mik83kuu said:
Just replayed Portal and I am now ready. Can't wait for the
friday
release!

Will be doing that this weekend.
Friday release doesn't affect me as I'm waiting on PS3 version. Unless Amazon...... :)

Hey guys, you know what would be funny? If all Source Engine games would have glitches or artifacts. I mean, so close before Portal 2 comes out? Yeah, that would be funny ...

d1CYn.jpg

KkAvW.jpg

1dPon.jpg

I'm still laughing.

e: And God, yes. The OP is awesome!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Okay PortalGAF, I have a few questions. I've been loosely following the ARG but work and shit has had me tired as hell for the last week. So help me out if you can:

1) Friday release is confirmed? Or are we still in the rumoured stage?
2) Is it still worth it going after potatoes now? Does this affect me and Portal 2 goodness in any way? I have none as of now.
3) Why has no Portal 2 (not-ARG) related TF2 tie-in been announced yet?
4) Do you need to do potato nonsense to get a pre-load?
5) Is it confirmed that potatoes affect the time of the unlock of the pre-load?

MNC

enzo_gt said:
Okay PortalGAF, I have a few questions. I've been loosely following the ARG but work and shit has had me tired as hell for the last week. So help me out if you can:

1) Friday release is confirmed? Or are we still in the rumoured stage?
2) Is it still worth it going after potatoes now? Does this affect me and Portal 2 goodness in any way? I have none as of now.
3) Why has no Portal 2 (not-ARG) related TF2 tie-in been announced yet?
4) Do you need to do potato nonsense to get a pre-load?
5) Is it confirmed that potatoes affect the time of the unlock of the pre-load?
1 rumor
2 i have no fucking clue
3 there's a portal 2 pin in it for you if you buy the potato sack
4 nope, preload is already available!
5 I think that was a joke, but I'm not entirely sure

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MNC said:
1 rumor
2 i have no fucking clue
3 there's a portal 2 pin in it for you if you buy the potato sack
4 nope, preload is already available!
5 I think that was a joke, but I'm not entirely sure
Thanks bro!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
enzo_gt said:
Thanks bro!

Specifically for the pin you need to play all the pack games in one session

And if someone could figure out how to portal-ize my avatar that'd be awesome :D

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Replayed Portal, preloaded, my body is ready.

THE DATA IS THERE, I MUST PLAAAAY.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Cindres said:
Replayed Portal, preloaded, my body is ready.

THE DATA IS THERE, I MUST PLAAAAY.
Also just replayed Portal, I want the game now!

Edit: The lack of Avatars is clearly part of the ARG, Evilore is in on it!

I would humbly ask for a portalized avatar, but... Looks like GAF is missing its avatar core module.

And Valve: This is my birthday present to myself. Make me love you again.

(Not that I ever stopped)

StuBurns

Banned
Glados is irritating me now, she left us be till the OT went up, now fucking up the server and removing our clothing. Drop the toxin and end it all now for God sake.

Top Bottom