• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

LProtag

Koodo said:
264nx8g.jpg

I can't with that countdown. I must not let myself play this until next Wednesday. ;(

Wednesday? I have to do all of this in the next three weeks before I can play:

3 page book review
5-7 page paper
2 page response
15 page research paper
15 page research paper
2 page movie review
2 page response
Comprehensive final exam
Comprehensive final exam

Roughly due in that order. It's those research papers that are going to kill me, responses and reviews I can crank out in an hour tops. The 5-7 page might take me a couple hours. The research papers though... who knows. Couple of days with a good deal of hours in them for each.

Curse my luck!

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Sgt.Pepper said:
Off-topic: Is it just me or is every avatar not showing?

Oh shit.

Yeah, they've turned off avatars. I don't know if it's due to reworking the avatar back end of if it's because of the huge traffic spike from Wii 2 news and Portal 2 ARG stuff, though.

TheOGB

Banned
Goddamn I need this game injected into my bloodstream

I didn't think I'd ever be as hyped as I am for this. BRING ON THE SCIENCE

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
MY GAMES HARD DRIVE IS DEAD.

YOU HAVE

GOT TO BE

FUCKING KIDDING ME.

First I lose an external 1.5TB HDD that was almost full and now I've lost a 1TB Steam folder. Fucking over this shit. *heads to shed to grab sledgehammer*

Edit: Fixed a typo.

_RT_

Playing through Portal again tonight (thanks Janken!). I forgot how goddamn good this game was at pacing and subtle training for future levels.

True gem.

JaseC said:

YOU HAVE

GOT TO BE

FUCKING KIDDING ME.

First I lose an external 1.5TB HDD that was almost full and now I lost a 1TB Steam folder. Fucking over this shit. *heads to shed to grab sledgehammer*
Sorry to hear that. At least you can play it when you get a new hard drive.

JaseC

brotkasten said:
Sorry to hear that. At least you can play it when you get a new hard drive.

I can re-pre-load Portal 2 to the SSD for the time being.

Not going to bother replacing either HDD just yet. I'm about a month away from my upgrade.

JaseC

JackEtc said:
All this hype is killing me, I need a Portal fix. Anyone have some kick-ass custom maps to recommend?

Portal: The Flash Version.

Edit: Just to clarify, I mean the map pack for Portal, not the actual flash version. :p

rainking187 said:
Has anyone heard if GameStop is doing a midnight release for this?

They called me yesterday to tell me they were in fact doing a midnight release for Portal 2. As always check with your store to be sure though.

JaseC said:
Portal: The Flash Version.

Edit: Just to clarify, I mean the map pack for Portal, not the actual flash version. :p
yes...in fact do the flash version as well, but that map pack...amazing and can get very hard

one thing ill miss with getting portal on the 360

JaseC said:

YOU HAVE

GOT TO BE

FUCKING KIDDING ME.

First I lose an external 1.5TB HDD that was almost full and now I lost a 1TB Steam folder. Fucking over this shit. *heads to shed to grab sledgehammer*
lol superior PC gaming master race.

You know I jest. That sucks dude.

Sanic

It's really rather poor management on my part that i've spent so much money on my PC this month that I won't be able to afford the single game I wanted to most buy for my PC this month :/

JaseC

Dax01 said:
lol superior PC gaming master race.

You know I jest. That sucks dude.

Haha. In a way, some of the fault lies on me for putting off an upgrade for so long. The piece of shit is 3.5 years old.

The rest lies on the PC for being shit.

I am so frustrated right now. :( You know what would make me feel better? Portal 2!

Koodo

Banned
Pandoracell said:
It's really rather poor management on my part that i've spent so much money on my PC this month that I won't be able to afford the single game I wanted to most buy for my PC this month :/
ww0zdy.jpg

StuBurns

Banned
EuropeOG said:
You guys think this game will be worth the money just for SP?
Have you played the first one?

The issue of value is highly dependent of course, but in terms of length it appears to be comparable with a 'normal' single player game, and as you're asking this question, I gather the reason you're not including the co-op as a value consideration is you don't play online, in which case this is basically like a little more than a typical FPS you might buy in terms of value.

JaseC said:

YOU HAVE

GOT TO BE

FUCKING KIDDING ME.

First I lose an external 1.5TB HDD that was almost full and now I've lost a 1TB Steam folder. Fucking over this shit. *heads to shed to grab sledgehammer*

try ripping out the 1.5 TB HDD from the external. half the time externals go bad, the hard drive inside is still good. rip that baby out and see if that brings it back.

i've been running this 1.5 TB HDD drive as an internal for well over a year without any issue after it seemingly died as an external.

JaseC

plagiarize said:
try ripping out the 1.5 TB HDD from the external. half the time externals go bad, the hard drive inside is still good. rip that baby out and see if that brings it back.

i've been running this 1.5 TB HDD drive as an internal for well over a year without any issue after it seemingly died as an external.

Yeah, I tried that. Didn't work. PC sits at "Detecting IDE drives..." for a minute or two before giving up and moving on with the boot process.

Cranzor

This is probably the 18th time I've said it but I'm not able to play Portal 2. I have no PS3, no 360, and calculators could run Portal 2 better than my computers.

Does anyone know of any good asylums around Pennsylvania?

Feep

Banned
Yup, just noticed, Portal 2 is updating.

And here...we...go.

Edit: Had a friend at G4 tell me that he played co-op for around an hour today. He would never spoil anything for me, but he did say:

O.O

Animator

JaseC said:

YOU HAVE

GOT TO BE

FUCKING KIDDING ME.

Silver lining: Perfect time to get a SSD.

JaseC

Cranzor said:
This is probably the 18th time I've said it but I'm not able to play Portal 2. I have no PS3, no 360, and calculators could run Portal 2 better than my computers.

Does anyone know of any good asylums around Pennsylvania?

Surely you can borrow a PS3/X360 from a friend for 2 or 3 days?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Don't get your hopes up. It just updates/adds a few files. If you go to where the Portal 2 folder is, just check the "Date Modified" detail and find the ones with today's date.

Cranzor

JaseC said:
Surely you can borrow a PS3/X360 from a friend for 2 or 3 days?

Nope, no one is willing. I'd rather get it on Steam eventually anyway once I get a better computer, so it sort of works out. Avoiding spoilers will be a nightmare though.

Top Bottom