• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

Koodo

Banned
Could a generous individual Portalize my avatar?

Edit: shamelessly stole one of the first page avatars and made it my own!

FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!!!

So my place of work had a gathering for my birthday and I was promised cake. But the cake they gave me was this shitty looking fruit thing that didn't look like an actual cake. WTF is this!? They know I love chocloate cake and instead serve me this shit.

This is a bad sign guys.

DoctorWho said:
FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!!!

So my place of work had a gathering for my birthday and I was promised cake. But the cake they gave me was this shitty looking fruit thing that didn't look like an actual cake. WTF is this!? They know I love chocloate cake and instead serve me this shit.

This is a bad sign guys.

Get out of here with this mess. Cake will be served; tomorrow.

DoctorWho said:
FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!!!

This is a bad sign guys.
*cue joke about your hope for cake being a lie*

KScorp

ikEG7q.gif

My avatar now. Thanks. :D

Edit: Wait, what's happening tomorrow? I was going to preorder tomorrow, should I do it earlier? o.0

:eek: Betrayed by Dax & Botolf, daring to put the photo of the private hug, taken by the Valve gods for me, up as an avatar for the common folk!

<3

Spwn

KScorp said:
Edit: Wait, what's happening tomorrow? I was going to preorder tomorrow, should I do it earlier? o.0

There are rumors Valve will release the game early on Steam and people are expecting that day to be tomorrow.

Zeouterlimits said:
:eek: Betrayed by Dax & Botolf, daring to put the photo of the private hug, taken by the Valve gods for me, up as an avatar for the common folk!

<3
Oh crap! I'm sorry. Didn't you realize you already had that avatar.

Botolf said:
Yes. The tools may not be available at release, but they're definitely going to arrive sooner or later. The tools will be limited to PC (and Mac, not sure), but the maps created should be "platform agnostic".

I'm not going to hold out for Mac tools (even though I would appreciate it) since they haven't released tools for Mac before, even since Valve implemented Steamplay.

Wouldn't bother me too much though since I can just switch to Windows 7 via Bootcamp if I want to fiddle around.

abunai

XAL said:
I have yet to preload something...do you have access to the audio/music files already?....

They're on my hard drive but are probably encrypted, I haven't rooted around at all though so someone may prove me wrong.

psykomyko

Won't be able to get the early release (Preordered on Amazon :( ...) But, I would rather have the PS3 version, don't have the best computer, want to have the best experience possible for this game. Cannot wait!

LProtag

psykomyko said:
Won't be able to get the early release (Preordered on Amazon :( ...) But, I would rather have the PS3 version, don't have the best computer, want to have the best experience possible for this game. Cannot wait!

I'm really happy that with getting the PS3 version I'll be able to try to play it on my Mac, but if it runs sub-par I can just use my PS3.

Blizzard

Banned
abunai said:
They're on my hard drive but are probably encrypted, I haven't rooted around at all though so someone may prove me wrong.
I looked and it seemed to be the case. As far as I know, all Steam preloads always have all files encrypted. It basically 100% prevents prerelease piracy which is nice (at least for PC-only games).

I replayed Portal last Saturday. It only took me about 45 minutes or so. Anyone who's played it before should play it again!

Now I've been suckered in and have been playing levels from Ep1 and I'm almost done with a complete play through of Ep2. So much fun has been had.

Basically, if you're looking for ways to pass the time, replay HL2, Ep1, Ep2, and Portal!

I don't there's ever been a game where I was so sure it'll be a home run. Like, there is absolutely zero doubt in my mind Valve has crafted an amazing game.

Oh, great work on the OP too!

Avatar get! Hype is through the roof, not only for the game but god DAMN can Valve do some marketing.

Also, anyone know how long Gamestop preorders usually take to ship?

B33

Banned
Blizzard said:
I looked and it seemed to be the case. As far as I know, all Steam preloads always have all files encrypted. It basically 100% prevents prerelease piracy which is nice (at least for PC-only games).
A chunk of files are also missing from the encrypted preload, just in case.

LProtag

StuBurns said:
Some serious mixed messaging about what is actually going on with the PS3 version.

Maybe you have to sign up for steam in order to play cross-platform, but PS3 to PS3 is just out of the box?

I'm not a big avatar switching guy, but GAF got rid of my Darkwing Duck Scribblenauts avatar so I'm grabbing this one for now.

Edit: Just kidding! :(

L00P

Great OP!! Love the transition to the second post!

Anyway, I'm so pumped! I want to play this game NOW!!!!

classicdms

Neo Member
GAF, I don't have enough PC gaming buddies. I don't have enough (read: any) friends on here yet either. I have played a bit of TF2 with some of you on the GAF server.

My sad point is that I need a Portal buddy. For co-op. I need someone who can put up with my brute force style of play. That's all I ask. Any takers?

Add me on Steam and message me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/classicdms

ShaunBRS

Due to the nature of our quantum space-hole technology, this thread may cease to exist—or exist in a vague and undetermined state—when not directly observed. Aperture Science accepts no responsibility for events arising from such states of pseudo/non-existence, except when those events don't significantly decrease the life expectancy of the immediate area (in which case we totally meant to do that. Whatever it was).

Cave Johnson. We're done here.

Top Bottom