• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

ikEAiQ.gif

Great job on the OP guys! Very excited for this. Personally, I'm grabbing a PS3 copy so next week can't get here soon enough.

Terrific OP(s)! I'm trying to not get overexcited for this. Not looking for it to recapture the lightning-in-a-bottle of the first one; just want a high-quality single-player experience.

This (and the original, of course) is really the only FPS around that doesn't use guns, right?

webrunner

theinfinityissue said:
Being a steam gamer, I'm very excited to begin enjoying this computer software in
less than 24 hours.

Believe.

please refrain from enjoying the computer software without a qualified computer software enjoyment technical associate present. if you are a qualified computer software enjoyment technical associate please do not refrain from following the following request : please contact your qualified computer software enjoyment technical supervisor for further instruction. If you are not a qualified computer software enjoyment technical associate please do not read the preceding message as it is for qualified computer software enjoyment technical associates ONLY. thank you and have a scienceful day.

theRizzle

Borgnine said:
I love this story.

But what I don't understand is how you could stop even though you were repeatedly told there would be cake at the end.

In all honesty, I have never really liked cake until this year. I somehow managed to live 27 years on this earth ignorant of the splendor of cake.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Nice thread.

I wasn't quite as bonkers for the first game as some people, probably just because I got sick of people referencing it all the time, but it was a brilliant game. I'd have this shit preloaded if I wasn't fucked up the ass with bills right now :(. Look forward to playing it when I can.

paparazzo

Nice OP, I'm excited for this but I already pre-ordered LA Noire and I don't like spending $60 on games to begin with. What to do...

DBebm5 said:
This (and the original, of course) is really the only FPS around that doesn't use guns, right?
Maybe. I would be hesitant to say for sure cause there are so many games that have been made. But as the OP says, it's not entirely an FPS. Puzzle and platformer elements, therefore the label "PPFPS."

The Skater said:
Nice OP, I'm excited for this but I already pre-ordered LA Noire and I don't like spending $60 on games to begin with. What to do...

I think this is a safer bet than LA Noire, personally, although I am very very curious about that too. Between the pre-order nonsense for LA Noire and no sign of the 360 version in previews, I'm gonna wait for some impressions.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
DBebm5 said:
Terrific OP(s)! I'm trying to not get overexcited for this. Not looking for it to recapture the lightning-in-a-bottle of the first one; just want a high-quality single-player experience.

There is some fireman game for Wii that doesn't use guns (waterhose).

Heard it's halfway decent too.

Edit:

Real Heroes: Firefighter

real-heroes-firefighter-20090210105032579_640w.jpg

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Air Zombie Meat said:
Been on a blackout for nearly everything Portal 2 related so the games release kind of snuck up on me. Can't believe its so close now, so hyped!

Me too. It's an awesome feeling! :)

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
The PotatoFoolsDay ARG really has me confused, i thought it was now being released tomorrow or something?

EDIT: Also finally pre-ordered on Steam. I can't even afford it but i fucking NEED it. :(

IT'S ACTUALLY ON MY COMPUTER, IT'S FUCKING THERE!

Just to be sure, will people will be able to make custom levels for this (using the new assets I hope?) on PC, as with Portal 1/other Source games?

Awesome OP btw.

derFeef

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Just to be sure, will people will be able to make custom levels for this (using the new assets I hope?) on PC, as with Portal 1/other Source games?

Awesome OP btw.
An updated SDK is planned for after release somewhen, yes.

PatzCU

Cindres said:
The PotatoFoolsDay ARG really has me confused, i thought it was now being released tomorrow or something?

The latest plausible theory is that
everyone participating are 'test subjects' working to get enough potatoes for GlaDOS to bring herself back online (IE< early release).

Putting spoiler in for the SUPER sensitive.

Sibylus

Banned
Cindres said:
That's the rumour. Supposedly if steam users complete a bunch of challenges in the Potato Pack and get a required total, GLaDOS will "power up" and the game will release early on PC.

CarbonatedFalcon said:

Awesome OP btw.
Yes. The tools may not be available at release, but they're definitely going to arrive sooner or later. The tools will be limited to PC (and Mac, not sure), but the maps created should be "platform agnostic".

StuBurns

Banned
Portal is the best game so far this generation, Valve are the best developer in the world, and this is probably the most excited I've been about a game since MGS4 (fail).

The OP is great, the OPers did a really nice job even if they got hit by their own personal Valve Time.

I look forward to playing Portal 2.

JonCha

Love the connecting portals like others have said. Was literally wowed.

Also pumped for this. It'll be one of the few games I'll play on my laptop because of Microsoft being idiots.

Oh, you may want to put names by who has what avatar. There are already two people using the same avatar on this page.

Edit: taken avatar from OP.

StuBurns

Banned
aaachampions said:
Thanks for the avatar. Is the balance of content between single player and co op equal?
Single player is a little longer according to some Valve staff. But I guess as the two robots don't do the same thing, the co-op should be played thru twice really.

Top Bottom