• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
There's lots of fan favourites on the show. There's considerably more favourite ones than her.
This answer makes no sense.

She's top 3 bro. It's a three way race between Dany, Jon, Arya, and Tyrion. I doubt any of these 4 have "considerably" more fans than the other.

Ithil

She's top 3 bro. It's a three way race between Dany, Jon, Arya, and Tyrion. I doubt any of these 4 have "considerably" more fans than the other.

Those are like, the four lead cast members not counting Cersei and Sansa. Are you sure you're not confusing "fan favourite" with "most prominent character"?

Heshinsi

Those are like, the four lead cast members not counting Cersei and Sansa. Are you sure you're not confusing "fan favourite" with "most prominent character"?

They were fan favourites from the first season though. Not their fault everyone else got killed off.

Did not notice this while watching the episode:

wun-wun.gif

barit

Show gets better now since they left the books behind. The showrunners use their freedom and you recognized that instantly. But the phrases are baaaaad. Like that lame quote from Jon "BUT is shit". GRRM would've never wrote that. Ugh still can't over the fact that this damn TV show will end that epic saga before he did it.

Darknight

I vote for No book spoilers to be its own thread. Its better that there are 2 threads so book readers keep talking about the past stuff and anything different that happened there.

This episode was so good though. Glad this is back.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Show gets better now since they left the books behind. The showrunners use their freedom and you recognized that instantly. But the phrases are baaaaad. Like that lame quote from Jon "BUT is shit". GRRM would've never wrote that. Ugh still can't over the fact that this damn TV show will end that epic saga before he did it.

While GoT is my favorite show ever, sometimes the dialogue does seem to get a bit too modern, especially when you compare it with season 1.

Can't get over how awesome that intro was. Arya and Sandor Clegane stay winning as my favorites on the show. Speaking of Clegane, really love the character development he's getting and the humanity he's been showing. Welp, he's as good as dead :(

Hah at people thinkin Arya gets to kill Cersei. No, Cersei is going to be killed by Jamie when she tries to burn down the whole city with her.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hah at people thinkin Arya gets to kill Cersei. No, Cersei is going to be killed by Jamie when she tries to burn down the whole city with her.

She might get sidetracked on her way down when she hears about Jon and Sansa, especially if he goes down south to look for some obsidian.

Heshinsi

Why do I have the feeling that history isn't going to repeat itself? Jamie isn't going to save King's Landing twice in a single life time. Azorahai isn't going to be a dude running his sword into the heart of a woman he loves. Arya isn't going to pull off taking out another head of a major family.

Speaking of Arya, isn't she not supposed to be using her training the way she is now? She can't possibly be the first person ever to turn around and use this assassin magic for personal use.

Why do I have the feeling that history isn't going to repeat itself? Jamie isn't going to save King's Landing twice in a single life time. Azorahai isn't going to be a dude running his sword into the heart of a woman he loves. Arya isn't going to pull off taking out another head of a major family.

Speaking of Arya, isn't she not supposed to be using her training the way she is now? She can't possibly be the first person ever to turn around and use this assassin magic for personal use.

She'll get hers.

Heshinsi

She'll get hers.
People bitch about certain characters having plot armour and/or being over powered. I think Arya is the most OP character in the show. She's seemingly unkillable (she should have died from those wounds the Waif gave her, not to mention the infection she would have gotten from jumping into that filthy water), and she has magic powers that allow her to take the appearance of anyone she kills.

How can she be stopped outside of the Assassin's Guild sending a terminator?

kubus

Where do you guys think Melisandre is going? She was sent away by Jon, to go "south". We know she and Arya are going to meet again sometime in the future. Arya is at the Riverlands now, also going south... But I don't know if now is the time.

How many people are still on Arya's list? I'm thinking the shorter that list gets, the closer Arya gets to her own death...

Heshinsi

Where do you guys think Melisandre is going? She was sent away by Jon, to go "south". We know she and Arya are going to meet again sometime in the future. Arya is at the Riverlands now, also going south... But I don't know if now is the time.

How many people are still on Arya's list? I'm thinking the shorter that list gets, the closer Arya gets to her own death...
Cersei
The Red Woman
The Hound
Sir Ilyn

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
People bitch about certain characters having plot armour and/or being over powered. I think Araya is the most OP character in the show. She's seemingly unkillable (she should have died from those wounds the Waif gave her, not to mention the infection she would have gotten from jumping into that filthy water). She has magic powers that allow her to take the appearance of anyone she kills.

How can she be stopped outside of the Assassin's Guild sending a terminator?

She dies going after Cersei. As Cersei lights the fuse to blow the citadel when Dany invades Arya pops up and ganks her, she then dies in the explosion. Or whatever situation has her die as a result of her mission.

As strong as Arya is, she's likely to be destroyed by her thirst for vengeance.

At least that's how I'd set it up.

Einchy

I forgot, how does Arya gets free reigned of using her ability again? I thought the Many-Faced God has rules and stuff.

All the Faceless Men seem like a bunch of hypocrites, honestly. They're supposed to be "no one" but the Waif obviously was someone since she constantly tried to fuck with Arya and Jaqen clearly really liked Arya, so much so that after she got the power, he let her go. The rules really only apply if other Faceless Men try to enforce them.

Slaythe

I know this is fantasy. I get that. I love it.

But...

While I have 0 issues with undeads, dragons, fireballs and what not...

I loathe whatever Arya turned into. It's so cringe, takes away all stakes, and it also makes it seem like nothing is grounded and there are no rules really, anything goes. Transforming into other people of different height gender age etc... is just a really cheap way to have her execute her vengeance.

Like... " woah how is she gonna do it ?! " well she's just gonna transform and poison everyone, again, wooo.

I hate it. I know I shouldn't be that bothered by it in a show that revived dead people and had birthing of shadow monsters, but I am. It breaks my suspension of disbelief the hardest.

Heshinsi

Where the fuck has llyn Payne been the past seasons, lol. Aside from him, those are some pretty important characters. Wait, wasn't The Mountain also on that list?
I don't recall the mountain doing something to directly piss her off. Also, wasn't Sansa on her very first list lol? I would literally stand up and clap if Arya actually kills off everyone on her list including Sansa.

Like every kill she makes, she unknowingly gives a piece of her self to the many faced god. She thinks she walked out the House of the Undying on her own terms, but what she doesn't know is that this is all according to the god's plan.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't recall the mountain doing something to directly piss her off. Also, wasn't Sansa on her very first list lol? I would literally stand up and clap if Arya actually kills off everyone on her list including Sansa.

Like every kill she makes, she unknowingly gives a piece of her self to the many faced god. She thinks she walked out the House of the Undying on her own terms, but what she doesn't know is that this is all according to the god's plan.

Was she on the list? I don't think she was.

Einchy

Wilko Johnson, the actor that played llyn Payne, had to drop from the show because he was diagnosed with cancer a few seasons back.

Seems like he is better now, though, but who knows if he wants to return.

Heshinsi

Was she on the list? I don't think she was.
I thought she had her on there in her first "counting names before bed" routine. This would have been right after the part where Sansa betrayed her and stood by Joff.

Edit: I'm wrong. Here's who's actually in the list:

Tywin
Cersei
The Mountain
Ilyn Payne
Baric Danderrion
Thoros of Myr
The Hound
The Red Woman
Joff
Walder Frey
Mryn Trant

kubus

Wilko Johnson, the actor that played llyn Payne, had to drop from the show because he was diagnosed with cancer a few seasons back.

Seems like he is better now, though, but who knows if he wants to return.
Ok so I looked at the GoT wiki (not the ASIAF one) and The Hound, The Red Woman and Ilyn Payne are no longer on the list apparently. I remember Arya admitting to the waif that she took The Hound off the list though she at first wouldn't admit it. As for The Red Woman, Arya also had Berric Dondarion and Thoros of Myr on the list because she was angry about them "selling" Gendry to Melisandre, but I guess she forgave/forgot that and all their names were scrapped from the list. As for Ilyn Payne, yeah we don't know if he will return to the show, so that could be why he's not on the list anymore and/or Arya decided he was just following Joffrey's orders.

The Mountain is also still on her list for the torture at Harrenhal. So that means only him and Cersei are left? Welp.

kubus

I thought she had her on there in her first "counting names before bed" routine. This would have been right after the part where Sansa betrayed her and stood by Joff.
You mean at the Twins, where Lady was put to death for "attacking" Joff? Arya didn't start listing names until she met Yorgen (?) from the Night's Watch, right?

Heshinsi

You mean at the Twins, where Lady was put to death for "attacking" Joff? Arya didn't start listing names until she met Yorgen (?) from the Night's Watch, right?
Yeah I just looked it up and I was wrong. She just mentioned to Ned that she hated Sansa, and Ned told her Sansa had no choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom