• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
is it possible to just make a free paypal account with nothing connected to it then link that to your xbl account so you can have access to your points?

I don't have this problem but it's just an idea.

Nope, you need to attach your credit card or bank account to the PayPal.

It's really not that bad. You could probably just buy a prepaid Visa from a store and attach it to your account, I think.

Salex

Banned
wow. garbage is right. you have to be kidding me.

What are you talking about? You get to KEEP the games forever. MS doesn't have to do this and they're over-delivering on the value of XBL Gold with FREE games, premium gaming, superior F2P connections, and the quality Netflix/Youtube/IE/Dailymotion applications.

What are you talking about? You get to KEEP the games forever. MS doesn't have to do this and they're over-delivering on the value of XBL Gold with FREE games, premium gaming, superior F2P connections, and the quality Netflix/Youtube/IE/Dailymotion applications.

You forgot Internet Explorer!!!!

lol nvm, see IE now

Ghazi

Magic 2013? Jesus I can't believe they're giving us something that old.

WE WANT MAGIC 2025! WE WANT MAGIC 2025! WE WANT MAGIC 2025!

<3 Rainbow Six tho

Ghazi

I must be the only one totally cool with Magic and not interested at all in R6.

I'm down with it, I wouldn't play it otherwise, but I have friends who play the actual card game and if I spend maybe an hour playing 2013's tutorial or whatever it'd be nice to understand what they're doing while they play. My post was sarcasm if that didn't get across. Rainbow Six is badass, however.

They're not even trying with this. I think they're doing more damage by announcing this games for gold scheme and releasing ancient stuff, as opposed to nothing at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to get free stuff, but everytime they announce old stuff like this it's just encouraging more MS negativity, the very thing they were trying to avoid. Dead Rising 2 was a good choice, relatively recent and a great game too.

Sony must think every Christmas has come at once, over the past 6 months there has been a ridiculous momentum shift gearing up for the next gen. MS can literally do nothing right at the moment.

mjswooosh

Banned

Lol Sarcasm? Don Mattrick impression? I hope you're joking or at least on the MS payroll to be spewing total BS like this...

Can you explain what you mean by this?

Madness

Such bullshit they won't give us Halo 3. I bet someone from 343 complained because they were caught off guard and don't want to consolidate playlists or make them better to deal with the influx of players.

Will probably get it after XbOne releases so that they can justify not worrying about consolidating a past gen game and since most will move on from 360.

I don't even care anymore. GTA V will take up most of my time for the next month and half anyway.

Lol Sarcasm? Don Mattrick impression? I hope you're joking or at least on the MS payroll to be spewing total BS like this...

donmattrick.gif

Magwik

Banned
Such bullshit they won't give us Halo 3. I bet someone from 343 complained because they were caught off guard and don't want to consolidate playlists or make them better to deal with the influx of players.

Will probably get it after XbOne releases so that they can justify not worrying about consolidating a past gen game and since most will move on from 360.

I don't even care anymore. GTA V will take up most of my time for the next month and half anyway.

$20 they say they are gonna up the value or something and replace it with Halo 4.

mjswooosh

Banned
Jesus Fucking Christ MS. Are you even trying? My gold expires Sept 19th. I intend on NEVER resubbing again unless they feature parity PS+.

Games with gold is a complete joke.

^ This. Truth. I've been with Live for several yrs and when my sub runs out in Sept I see zero reason to resub. PS+ is simply a far better value right now n the PS4 is a great opportunity to switch.

I feel like such a heel. Even though I am totally going PS4 next gen, I actually bought another year of XBLGold thinking it was so nice of Microsoft to announce all these free games they would be giving out supposedly to draw attention from PS+. Well so far every game they have given out can be gotten elsewhere for $2 - $5.

Wish I would have kept my PS3 slim so I could have jumped on PS+ from the beginning.

Forget you Microsoft! This is sooooo the last nail in the coffin. Anything short of Halo 4, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider 2013, Dark Souls, etc and you can stick it where the sun dont shine!

Seven years of paying to pay online and owning 140+ games and this is the cup of piss I get.

Some of you might say dont complain about free stuff, but that doesn't count when your competitors are doing way more and it would have been better at this point to not give us anything.

VariantX

DR2+Case West so far has been the highlight of this whole thing so far. Surprised they didn't put stuff like banjo, kameo, forza 3, or some notable XBLA games like shadow complex, bionic commando re-armed, hydro thunder or Trials HD. It really feels like they got a few notable titles, and sprinkled it in with some random bargain bin stuff.

larvi

Yeah this is bizzarre. I have credits on my account, I don't need my card on the account.

Yeah, the website is all screwed up now, no way to use credits to purchase anything as far as I can tell. You need to buy from your 360 or add a CC via the website then remove it after you've made the purchase. If you use paypal instead of a CC, you need to remove it both on Microsoft's website plus remove the billing agreement on paypal.com.

This games with gold thing is HILARIOUS. And Rainbow 6 vegas was the best multiplayer game of this generation for me. NOTHING they've had up so far is more than 10 bucks on amazon. Pretty fucking nuts if MS thinks this is a good counter to the value of PS+

Booshka

This games with gold thing is HILARIOUS. And Rainbow 6 vegas was the best multiplayer game of this generation for me. NOTHING they've had up so far is more than 10 bucks on amazon. Pretty fucking nuts if MS thinks this is a good counter to the value of PS+

Not so much as a counter to PS+, but at least in the conversation. If they really wanted to be a counter, Halo 4 and Forza Horizon would be Free via Gold.

Rainbow Six Vegas is a great MP game and deserves a healthy bump in activity, so I am glad that is free this month.

Omni

^ This. Truth. I've been with Live for several yrs and when my sub runs out in Sept I see zero reason to resub. PS+ is simply a far better value right now n the PS4 is a great opportunity to switch.
Dropping a truth bomb on this post: No one cares if you don't resub - especially after you've been subbed for several years without receiving any free games whatsoever and had no problem with it. Don't let the door hit you on the way out

Booshka

Dropping a truth bomb on this post: No one cares if you don't resub - especially after you've been subbed for several years without receiving any free games whatsoever and had no problem with it. Don't let the door hit you on the way out

Keep getting shit on by that Gold loyalty.

Steam, and PS+ are far better options, talking trash on ppl for getting a better deal is pathetic. Sure, MS doesnt care if you bail out now, they already gouged you for a bunch of money to play peer to peer multiplayer. I am one of those suckers, but giving someone shit for bailing on the garbage system that is MS Gold XBL is laughable.

I will always feel like an idiot for wasting money on XBL Gold when I could have been saving that money for a gaming PC. Now that I am free, I can only sit back and laugh at the "rewards" of being an XBL Gold member.

Omni

Keep getting shit on by that Gold loyalty.

Steam, and PS+ are far better options, talking trash on ppl for getting a better deal is pathetic. Sure, MS doesnt care if you bail out now, they already gouged you for a bunch of money to play peer to peer multiplayer. I am one of those suckers, but giving someone shit for bailing on the garbage system that is MS Gold XBL is laughable.
I fail to see where I was "giving someone shit", especially in regards to the value that Gold gives you.

Nothing has changed. The content you get with Gold is still the same content you got with Gold years ago. If you're suddenly going to cancel your sub because of a series if free games that only came into play literally years after you started paying for your Gold sub, then you're not exactly the sharpest of tools.

Saying that Gold is a "rip off" is fine on its own. Saying that the extras that you got years after subscribing when you were willingly paying for less, aren't good enough, is a silly excuse.

I will always feel like an idiot for wasting money on XBL Gold when I could have been saving that money for a gaming PC. Now that I am free, I can only sit back and laugh at the "rewards" of being an XBL Gold member.
That's nice.

painey

oh boy. I just don't understand why Microsoft does this program to obviously compete against Playstation Plus, but then treats it like shit. I can only assume it's just to put a check in the box of 'Offers free games with subscription'

Defect

oh boy. I just don't understand why Microsoft does this program to obviously compete against Playstation Plus, but then treats it like shit. I can only assume it's just to put a check in the box of 'Offers free games with subscription'
What if and that's a big IF they are just giving away the best games the 360 had to offer to kick off launching the Xbox One?

You're a fool if you think they are trying to compete with Ps+

I feel like such a heel. Even though I am totally going PS4 next gen, I actually bought another year of XBLGold thinking it was so nice of Microsoft to announce all these free games they would be giving out supposedly to draw attention from PS+. Well so far every game they have given out can be gotten elsewhere for $2 - $5.

Wish I would have kept my PS3 slim so I could have jumped on PS+ from the beginning.

Forget you Microsoft! This is sooooo the last nail in the coffin. Anything short of Halo 4, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider 2013, Dark Souls, etc and you can stick it where the sun dont shine!

Seven years of paying to pay online and owning 140+ games and this is the cup of piss I get.

Some of you might say dont complain about free stuff, but that doesn't count when your competitors are doing way more and it would have been better at this point to not give us anything.

So instead of the nothing you were getting before, the something you are getting now causes you to rage

I don't believe you.

Top Bottom