• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Regular Season 2017-18 |OT| KD's chip, IT's hip, LeBron's Sinking Ship

Worst team in the West.
DMZb262XUAApfjw.jpg

FZZ

Banned
Ahem

JAMES HARDEN WITH THE RANGE NIGGA WAY BACK

Also Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker are amazing

Gordon was honestly looking like Rockets second best player

Boogs31

You think they care about losing a game here or there during the regular season. It's all about staying healthy and getting the role players confidence up right now.

Getting Kevon Looney's confidence up shouldn't be a priority because he should NEVER be in their rotation. He's literally their 4th best CENTER.

overcast

Nice win for us but honestly that Hayward injury is more impactful as a basketball fan. Really was looking forward to that eventual ECF :[
Chris Paul hurt his knee also. Man, bad night for injuries.
Yeah I was pretty worried about that and was more than okay with him sitting because of that.

Chris Paul hurt his knee also. Man, bad night for injuries.
I heard Harden say something about injuries, but didn't clearly hear it.

Also holy shit, having so many other players to play the role we used to only have Ariza could play is so fucking great. Last year we could only really guard Kawhi/KD/LeBron with Ariza, and Ariza plays/ed a TON of minutes, and gassed Ariza is NOT a pretty sight.

But between Gordon becoming a better defender (last year), Tucker, the Prince/LMaM, and Ariza, that issue is so much better. For a team that played in such a modern style, we really lacked lengthy 3D wings. Patrick Beverley might play like he's 7 feet tall, but he's not actually that tall.

Also, CP3 had a bad scoring game, yeah, but his passing was great, especially a little while into the game when other players got used to his style more. And his defense and hustle!

Do the Rockets have the best fucking bench in the NBA? We didn't even play Nene, one of our core rotation players. And we didn't even come close to the Tarik Black/Troy Williams tier.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT IVE MISSED THE NBA

RedAssedApe

Banned
all jokes aside...didn't catch the last quarter. did the rockets actually start looking good or just another case of the warriors fucking around again

Also, it still is painfully obvious that while Durant can always get his, one of Curry or Draymond has to be going for the Warriors to truly be scary af. First was in foul trouble, and the second got injured.

Also holy shit I miss Beverley.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I really like Jordan Bell. Looks like the shellshocked rookie that he is at times, but he fits well with this team. Think he could become pretty solid.

It's telling that, despite never playing in an NBA game before, we're already seeing him more than Looney and Damian Jones (two 1st round picks).

You're lucky the bulls gave you his rights for nothing. He'd be the Bull's franchise centerpiece right now.

Also holy shit Harden/Paul/Gordon is such an amazing fucking back-court.

Also holy shit Gordon was 0 from 6 from the 3 point line.

And the Warriors shot above 50% from 3

Also, it still is painfully obvious that while Durant can always get his, one of Curry or Draymond has to be going for the Warriors to truly be scary af. First was in foul trouble, and the second got injured.

Also holy shit I miss Beverley.

Tucker can almost match Bevs intensity, just in a different manner

https://streamable.com/ku506

The way Harden and CP3 are simulatenously directing this play (I think they're setting up the same play for Harden though), with CP3's more commanding directing and Harden's seemingly more relaxed, "ok you go there, right, and you should be over there, ok good" style directing cracked me up so much. Favorite play of the game right here - it simultaneously shows how both can direct an offense, that it can be done in sync, yet at the same time shows a bunch of the issues that need to be ironed out/optimization that needs to be done.

Edit: LMFAO JaVale - https://mobile.twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/920481980721983488

TTG

I'm lttp tonight, but anyway: game notes!

First of all, I'm glad at least some of the players survived opening night. Hayward, CP3, Green, IT obviously. Last year was inordinately healthy, at least until the playoffs, tonight was really tough.

Second, Boston is a lot more athletic than the Cavs. It's fitting that Love had the Obama grey thing with his hair, because they looked old. Rose and IT(later) won't have a problem going at Kyrie, and Horford is always a disaster, but these other guys? Even Tatum, that fucker is big and moves well. The problem is they can't hit a shot to save their lives. Without Kyrie they're 4-29 from 3 tonight. I would stick with the yongins btw, let Morris eat into Horford's minutes instead.

I bet GSW wins with McGee out there tonight. Looney, it's right there in his name, he's a clown. Lots of opening night BS happened, not much to take away from it really. Good on Houston for playing the GSW card for long stretches tonight. Hunting down big men on switches(that rookie got killed half a dozen times) and Curry as well. I really hope this isn't an injury riddled season for Paul. TNT crew already circling like vultures, I want to see him do well.

Did I mention Horford is a bum? Blocked by Wade at the rim like the bum that he is and stop pretending like you can shoot.

TTG

all jokes aside...didn't catch the last quarter. did the rockets actually start looking good or just another case of the warriors fucking around again

Green went out with a knee and the Warriors' defense went with him. Rockets took advantage, but with Paul out, I wouldn't say they looked good.

Amory

I feel so bad for Hayward. Dude had to be really psyched to get a new phase of his career underway, and as a C's fan those 6 minutes we saw everyone on the floor together were the most exciting since the early Pierce/KG/Allen days.

What a shame. This season was supposed to be special. Now it's about developing the young guys. Jaylen looked like he's going to take a huge step forward this year, so that's a positive at least.

Evileh

Neo Member
Yes horford is trash when he tries to play outside is role which is around the basket. I don't know why even though he can hit them is he shooting from so far away. That's not where he's the most effective, put him next to the basket so he can gobble up the off rebounds, kinda like kevin love did.

valkyre

I just saw that injury.... fuck me... that was absolutely horrible...

So sad. I really hope he comes out stronger out of this.

Slizeezyc

Kerr fucked around with his minutes a bit in the fourth in classic Kerr fashion, but it was more Draymond being hurt and Warriors stopped scoring.

Ensoul

I am 100% in mourning about Hayward's leg. Celtics finally get a young all star player they have had on the rader for years and his season is over in 5 minutes.

Put a damper on what is normally a good night.

The Astros died so the rockets could get that win
Worth it 😎

Haywards injury also still bums me out
He could have just sucked for the season but for that to happen in the first 5 minutes :(
Life is cruel man

Hayward injury.
Draymond injury.

If those turn out to be big deals that's going to change the outlook for LeBron big time. Celtics lose arguably their best player and the Warriors lose their best defender. So now instead of having to play a somewhat competitive team in the ECF they can cake walk again and then in the finals they can play a GS without that defensive force.

All speculative of course.

Top Bottom