• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links |OT| A Speedy Beatdown

51 for both. Also it just happened again. 3 turns skipped by both AIs till the on my side decided to attack and got destroyed by a mirror wall.

It might be the ai gets smarter or the deck you use. I've had to take hanehane out and other special effect monsters because my ai would do the most retarded things with them. Like returning the monster that just attacked instead of the 2nd monster about to direct attack you.

They've been doing great with the nostalgia. I just wish Yugi would be more willing to drop the SR (Gamma) Magnet Warrior I need. And Valkyrion. Did get a second Gandora, though so there is that.

Looking forward to the new teased duelist. Seems to be the Paradox Brothers.

First time i dueled level 40 yugi i lost and he dropped valkyrion. Lol, i feel like ive gotten more urs and srs when i lose than when i get a good farm.

A.J.

Banned
They've been doing great with the nostalgia. I just wish Yugi would be more willing to drop the SR (Gamma) Magnet Warrior I need. And Valkyrion. Did get a second Gandora, though so there is that.

Looking forward to the new teased duelist. Seems to be the Paradox Brothers.

I think the new duelist we get is going to be Yugi since the doors thing relates to the puzzle. I'm not even sure what UR the Paradox Brothers would even give. The Jin's are only SR and Gate Guardian is just a rare.

KillerBEA

I think the new duelist we get is going to be Yugi since the doors thing relates to the puzzle. I'm not even sure what UR the Paradox Brothers would even give. The Jin's are only SR and Gate Guardian is just a rare.
I was thinking Dark Guardian from their GX duel but apparently the card was never added to the TCG.

Anteo

Didnt Yami marik leak a while ago along with yami bakura and yugi? Since they are using yugi for a event and they already used bakura I guess the next onr is marik.

Well, Yugi seems rather hard to farm compared to Bakura, and the problem is that it doesn't seem to appear as much.
I had him drop at least 1 of each Magnet, but I'm still missing Valkyrion. I have enough to buy Delta, but without Valkyrion there's no reason to buy it.

And Guardian Sphinx is such a bother, I often need to crash into it to "save" my monsters, only to get them returned during the next turn, but at least that way it stays in attack.

My Duelist ID is 356-695-107 by the way, feel free to add me.

A.J.

Banned
Well, Yugi seems rather hard to farm compared to Bakura, and the problem is that it doesn't seem to appear as much.
I had him drop at least 1 of each Magnet, but I'm still missing Valkyrion. I have enough to buy Delta, but without Valkyrion there's no reason to buy it.

And Guardian Sphinx is such a bother, I often need to crash into it to "save" my monsters, only to get them returned during the next turn, but at least that way it stays in attack.

My Duelist ID is 356-695-107 by the way, feel free to add me.

My unhappy girl Tea deck seems to be working well. Just remember to have your three traps be Riryoku field.

2 Gamma, 3+ Alpha and Beta. Still need Valkyrion.
But I got yet another Toy Magician and Magical Blast...

Now, if only he could appear more frequently at LV40

A.J.

Banned
I've only gotten more Union Attack, Rain of Mercy, and Magical Blast. At least Alpha and Beta are easy to get.

A.J.

Banned
Why is there no Giant Soldier of Stone reward. I want thwt fucking card so bad. Lvl 3 1.3k attack and an amazing 2k defense

I think 1.8k is the limit for highest unenhanced nodrawback attack and defense for a non-tribute monster at the moment.

Why is there no Giant Soldier of Stone reward. I want thwt fucking card so bad. Lvl 3 1.3k attack and an amazing 2k defense

I suspect that it is exactly because of that. 2k DEF is way too high for a LV3 monster, especially since the other high DEF are Gross Ghost and Gamma at 1800, and Big Shield Gardna is a one-time wall. Giant Soldier of Stone has no negative effect and a higher DEF than any other LV4 or lower monster. I doubt it'll be available soon, if ever.

I think 18k is the limit for highest unenhanced attack and defense for a non-tribute monster at the moment.

I think it's Arsenal Bug, but it requires another Insect on the field, so you're technically right.

Two Magical Blasts, zero Valkyrion.

So I just pulled Valkyrion. Unfortunately I haven't pulled Gamma yet so this might be worthless.
Get Delta from the card trader. Allows you to use him without Gamma.

Also, fuck this event. Tons of 8k farms and 1 fucking Rain of Mercy. Worthless.

Three Magical Blasts, two Rain of Mercy, two Gamma, zero Valkyrion.

Most if not all of my SR+ plus have been from duels in which I get no more than 5k of assessment.
I think I'll stay with Geminis.

I really don't understand the logic of my cpu when it summons Sphere Kuriboh to the field. GODs stop making me rage so much you dumb auto duel!

Phoenixus

Convert light cards at the card converter. Otherwise they are random drops from duelists.

Thanks for that, he works surprisingly well in my Kaiba deck. :)

Been dueling Yugi every chance I get and the only card I haven't yet got off him is Valkyrian. The event stops in the next day or so as well. :(

y final rewards were Gandora and Union Attack. Got a server maintenance after my last Yugi duel, I hope I can get the rewards.

Anyway, I think that Yugi's event was dumb, as there was no way way to farm it. I mean, the past Bakura and Pegasus event let you spend Duel Orbs to renew Duelists to get more Dice/Starchips, so you could spend money to farm them, but Yugi was completely random and didn't respawn with Duel Orbs, so what was the point?

I love that this event had no survey after it. I think we all know they know.

Well, it was awful. Even if you were a whale you had no way of getting Valkyrion, since there was no way for spawning Yugi, not even by spending money you had Valkyrion guaranteed. I mean, if not even whales enjoyed the event enough to spend money, what was the main draw for them?

Anyway, there's a new Mat and Sleeves promoting VRAINS, and the new Duel Puzzle event is neat and a easy way of getting gems.
We're also getting the packs that were rotated out in preparation of the World Championship, so that's nice too.

I wonder if this means the idea of rotation will just be dropped entirely?

I hope. I see no real reason to rotate out boxes if they're going to be available later, although the idea of urging people to spend on packs to get all the new cards before they get rid of them is appealing, in a business sense of the word at least.

New cards with the Card Trader, Magical Mallet and Hammer Shark being noteworthy, and Chaos Necromancer for self mill Bakura decks too.
There's also news of a new Legendary Duelist event coming, and a leak of a new Mini Box focusing on Rock, Beast and Plant, with both Green and Yellow Baboons as the chase cards.

cHinzo

Hmm, the new pack doesn't really look that interesting tbh. Gonna spend my gems to try to get some more Soul Exchanges for my Gravekeeper deck.

A.J.

Banned
I see the Baboons being pretty good if you get three of each. Also Gearfried and Enraged Muka Muka are good.

Edit: I take back Enraged Muka Muka. I thought it was 4 star.

The one new card that I think is really interesting is Retort. Is one of the commons and rather situational, but very, very good once it goes off. Basically, if your opponent uses, say, Mirror Wall or Enemy Controller and you've used one of them before this duel, you'll be able to negate that without a cost AND recover yours for further uses.

Other than that, I don't really like this pack.

I screwed up my first farming run and my one drop was Red Eyes Spirit. Okay then.

"Super" Joey is kind of an asshole. So far farming with Surprise Present seems to be your best bet.Outside of that, Holy Guard Unhappy Girl. The rewards aren't AMAZING but some of them are just good enough and are setting the stage for a interesting Red Eyes build.

A.J.

Banned
"Super" Joey is kind of an asshole. So far farming with Surprise Present seems to be your best bet.Outside of that, Holy Guard Unhappy Girl. The rewards aren't AMAZING but some of them are just good enough and are setting the stage for a interesting Red Eyes build.
Unhappy girl seems to once again be the best farming. I'm using the piranha army variant since with uses less cards than Union Attack vassal.

cHinzo

Fak, took me 5000 gems to get the cards I wanted from Chaotic Compliance, but I got most of the cards I wanted, except Seven Tools of Bandit. Time to save up again.

Might want that Fusion Gate of the old packs return or one of those Piranha Army for farming.

I realized that you can get drop skills that you already have, they will be replaced by like 15 gems

Like the drop rate wasn't terrible enough smfh. Somehow that doesn't prevent all those mais in ranked

A.J.

Banned
I realized that you can get drop skills that you already have, they will be replaced by like 15 gems

Like the drop rate wasn't terrible enough smfh. Somehow that doesn't prevent all those mais in ranked

That's actually the one thing I appreciate since it allows you to get a decent amount of gems.

People just farmed for it. It took me like 6 weeks of farming exclusively as Mai to get it. But it's such an easy to build top tier contender deck that it is worth the investment of time and keys.

A.J.

Banned
Looks like we will be getting Paradox brothers as the new character. I'm curious to see what they will actually offer.

The card trader update is dope. Vanguard of the Dragons will make Dragons relevant.

Vanguard is nice, it has great synergy with Red-Eyes, especially because you can revive it either with Vanguard or Return of the Red-Eyes.

Chaos Command Magician is interesting, but only against Relinquished, as there are not many effects that target.

I'm more excited about Doomdog Ochtros and Invader of Darkness, so now Zera, Necrofear and Invader have a searcher. Although other than Enemy Controller and Twister (Kaiba farming), Invader of Darkness is only a Fiend beatstick.

I'm excited to see what the Paradox brothers bring to the game, especially regarding their skills, as they didn't really use any interesting card in their anime duels.
By the way, Super Joey drops are nice and he seems to appear more often than Yugi, but the drops are still quite rare. I've only gotten 1 Return of the Red-Eyes (or whatever the name is) and 1 Izhark.

Permanently A

Joey's about to leave and I still didn't get my third Red Eyes Spirit. Its gonna suck when the dragon deck ends up running three copies.

Top Bottom