• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Fractured but Whole |OT| Asses of Fire Emblem

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anyone know what time the game will become available on the US steam store? I'm in Australia and debating whether to pick this up tomorrow morning or waiting until later in the day to dl from steam, but the pre-purchase option says it'll unlock on the 18th when I move it into my cart.

Uplay says midnight CET.

t1508194800z0.png

apd_ng

He pops up, irregularly, and gives you tips. That's it. He's quite funny, but not particularly helpful. I absolutely would not recommend spending money on the feature unless you're an enormous Towelie fan.

Rough idea how long the game is? Iirc you said you were 20 hours in~? Is there a lot more

Chopper

Rough idea how long the game is? Iirc you said you were 20 hours in~? Is there a lot more
I'm nowhere near that at the moment. Only about 5-6 hours. A guy on Reddit said he got done in about 14 hours, but he kinda blasted through it. There are alot of side quests and distractions, so I can imagine 20 hours would be about right for completionists. Maybe more.

I don't normally do this but I preordered the Gold Edition on Green Man Gaming. Can't argue for £45!

MASSIVE South Park fan and I loved the Stick of Truth despite the fantasy setting.
I have a feeling that I'll love this!

AllGamer

Yay, Amazon is about to ship mine. Haven't played The Stick of Truth yet so I'm going to finish that one first. Unfortunately, it will take about a week to get here since I ordered the game from the US to get the uncensored version of the first game.

I accidentally put the wrong address on amazon.

Nooooooo

Even with good games (horizon) I'm on a sp gaming bad spell right now. I'm hoping the south park humour will make this something I enjoy.

Going to be interested in what they do on ps4 pro and whether it actually looks any better.

glaurung

It's out tomorrow already? I can't juggle all these games.
D2 Iron Banner concludes tonight for me. Perfect time for a quick break.

I feel bad I did not make time to finish the Stick of Truth on PS4 again, but hey, cannot have everything.

Get hype.

JaseC

Is the release 00:00 CET for everyone? Looking doubtful on a midnight Australia release it seems.

Console users may get it earlier, but I checked both the AU and US Uplay store pages and both say midnight CET. It's almost certainly accurate as Ubi hasn't done a rolling unlock on the PC since Watch Dogs 2.

Jacknapes

Shopto dispatched my copy last night, so might get it today. However, as i've not played Stick of Truth in some time, i'll be playing it first before Fractured.

Stop releasing so many good games!
Please don't stop

So excited for this game! I can still remember Stick of Truth vividly, like it was yesterday. I can't say that for many games.

SRV

Got my copy on Saturday, but I started a new Stick of Truth playthrough. Figured it would be an easy platinum...

Well a word of advice, any collectable needs to be re-picked up if you die. So I've missed out on one bloody Chinpokomon! (That's twice now lol)

Cairnsay

Banned
If I purchase this game on Uplay (or a Uplay code from GMG), but have a linked Steam account, will it show up/be able to be launched from my Steam library?

JaseC

If I purchase this game on Uplay (or a Uplay code from GMG), but have a linked Steam account, will it show up/be able to be launched from my Steam library?

You could add it as a non-Steam, but if you want the Steam version, you'll have to buy the game on Steam. The Steam versions of Uplay games and "actual" Uplay versions are technically separate products.

legit laughed at the OT because my immediate thought was "isn't that the person who makes like 2 or 3 dumb threads a day"

I really hope this game is decent because I loved the first one, but I don't like the superhero stuff much at all and losing Obsidian doesn't exactly help, either

ChazGW7

Console users may get it earlier, but I checked both the AU and US Uplay store pages and both say midnight CET. It's almost certainly accurate as Ubi hasn't done a rolling unlock on the PC since Watch Dogs 2.

Thats a shame, tomorrow it is then. Thank you for the clarification.

JaseC

Catvoca

Banned
I hope this is good because I liked Stick of Truth a lot but I haven't enjoyed any of the pre release footage. No Obsidian either, which has me a bit worried. There's also the racist mammy fish stuff which really put me off it. I'll wait for reviews and impressions before considering getting it.

luulubuu

As people has mentioned, the Towlie DLC will be pursachable later, is not really a preorder exclusivity. So you can grab a towel any time

legit laughed at the OT because my immediate thought was "isn't that the person who makes like 2 or 3 dumb threads a day"

And people wonder why they dislike this place so much.

Azoor

I really hope this game is decent because I loved the first one, but I don't like the superhero stuff much at all and losing Obsidian doesn't exactly help, either

Dude, really?

Hyunashi

Is the Stick of Truth only for pre-orders or will it be with all copies? Asking because not sure if i want to get it right away. Thanks!

Akai__

Terrible OT title.

Anyways, can't wait to play this. I'm very much looking forward to dive into the South Park world once more. I haven't watched the show for quite some time now and I also didn't follow most of the news arround this game. This will be fun.

8.5 from IGN, not seen a review thread yet.

Eurogamer no award given (Recommended or Essential) but they have been really off with reviews as of late.

Top Bottom