• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Fractured but Whole |OT| Asses of Fire Emblem

Kid Ying

Is it just me or are the rewards pretty lame for doing the goals in the game like getting the 40 tweak and Craig drawings? There doesn't seem to be any pay off.
I'm having this problem. I'm doing the quests for the sake of story, but i dont remember ever getting something whortwhile out of It.

BadHand

What do you think a hypothetical 3rd South Park RPG be based on?

I was thinking a power rangers spoof (I.e mecha Streisand type bosses) or a chinpokemon game where you actually catch, train and fight chinpokemon would be cool.

Just powered through the first game to get to this one. Thought the first was amazing all the way though, for what it was trying to do (in its own specific category) it gets an honest 10/10 from me and I don't even follow south park that much.

Started the fractured but whole and saved and quit pretty quickly that might just be fatigue from playing the first one so soon prior though. So hopefully I'll get back into it soon but the first felt like it had more charm (sofar) for whatever reason.

I was thinking a power rangers spoof (I.e mecha Streisand type bosses) or a chinpokemon game where you actually catch, train and fight chinpokemon would be cool.

Canada invades Southpark. You create a Canadian or Southpark character as the chosen one to lead a side to victory or unite the two and stop the war. Mass effect decision making mocking territory.

Lovecraftian/Halloween horror. Everybody loves Eldritch horror.

But I think they should give it a rest with the open world RPG. Make it a linear game with way more stories and focus.

In fact I think phone destroyer should be the way forward- smaller games that don’t require 3-4 years of development and resource. The South Park brand is so huge and flexible that they could slap any genre onto it and people will buy.

South Park hero shooter
South Park Brawl
South Park racing
South Park dancing all night
South Park MOBA
South Park Arkham Horror

Dealer A

Neo Member
Does anyone encounter a flickering image every few minutes?

Yes! This happens to me every couple of hours and sometimes as often as every 1 minutes. I'm using a PS4 Pro. I'm not sure what it's a product of, but none of my other games have this problem.

Related to this, this game is full of bugs. One of the more annoying ones is where my character became stuck in street clothes and couldn't change into costume. I also had a save load where I lost a portion of money and a few items. Lastly, a few cut scenes seem to get caught up or have trouble loading.

However, I do really enjoy the game. Contrary to the popular opinion on here, I like this game better than SoT. The story is more memorable and the combat seems much improved.

Kid Ying

Chinpokomon would be good, but i dont know how they could make it without being too much a lesser pokémon game. Also, they never did too many chinpokomon to begin with.

I would play with shoe, he's the best one.

Maybe they could use the ninjas.

I like those.

I wouldn't mind something that spoofed anime heroes in general. A mainstream western spoof on Anime heroes of all sorts would be nice. Bleach, Naruto, One Piece. DragonBall all spoofed...

nkarafo

I'd like to see them tackle a different genre. Not another turn based RPG. Maybe an adventure game with point & click segments, kinda like Beavis & Butthead on the Mega Drive. More focus on puzzle solving and exploration. I think that style fits South Park perfectly.
Plus, without a complicated battle system and not having to balance multiple classes, they could spend the development time making the game longer with more locations and explore many more episodes.
Also, no particular theme this time. Just regular Cartman, Stan, etc and during the adventure they could explore multiple themes.

Kid Ying

Finally finished the game doing everything. Great game! Truly good, but i felt It lacked something... Dont know why. Maybe it's the endgame thats severely lacking and with not much to do apart from
beating Morgan Freeman
. The last parts of the story were batshit crazy and i loved It all. It really felt like seejng a good South park episode.

Now i Will start to play the stick of truth that came with it.

LOLCats

Banned
I finshed it a couple days ago. It was good, but not as funny as the first.

Battles are just a jumbled mess to me now. But oh well i had fun with it and the story, planning to replay the first. Not sure i would replay this one.

I grade it 7/10 with the first getting an 8 of 10.

Ubername

Banned
Anyone else get bored and turn the show on while playing? It nails the humor but it just makes me long for the show which requires 0 input.

I haven't played stick of truth yet, but put about 2 hours into fractured but whole and I'm really enjoying it. I'm not a big south park guy, it's crude and inappropriate yet still funny. The game itself is also pretty interesting.

I'm enjoying it so far. Wonder when the story picks up. I just spoke to the priest and got my first summon. Going to try to put some more time into it this weekend

Bogey

Banned
Necrobump!

I'm just playing this on the switch. Fun game!

I don't fully understand the toilet minigame tho.
Sometimes I'm getting icons to rotate one of the gamepad sticks, but there are basically two arrows (pointing to the same direction) around the circle. Anyone got an idea what I'm supposed to do in that case? Simply rotation the stick cw or ccw doesn't seem to do the trick

Top Bottom