• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Recently I bought paint for a nursery, a bunch of baby stuff, some stuffed animals, and some maternity cloths for my wife.

Fuuuuuuuu, you guys still making me all jelly. Also, Haloid, if you are still up for it and are able and don't mind, would love that Black Series Luke Celebration Exclusive. I can PayPal money before or after.

I'll try for it. Don't worry about PayPal'ing before hand since there's no guarantee I'll be able to grab one. And the obvious solution to the child is that you should be buying more toys to decorate the room with.

I'll try for it. Don't worry about PayPal'ing before hand since there's no guarantee I'll be able to grab one. And the obvious solution to the child is that you should be buying more toys to decorate the room with.

Thanks for even just entertaining the idea with me. Hope you have a good time.

Well, I bought some Star Wars plush. One was like a lifesize Yoda which I would proudly display in my office. Also bought as many of the Luke Skywalker Funko Pops as I could find. Might get a Luke Landspeeder Lego set. Wife made a custom Star Wars mobile. It's coming along but I doubt momma will allow too much stuff in the room.

The only Hot Toys vehicle I have, be really careful of the back fins / spoilers they break so easily.

So I've heard. Messing with shit like that stresses me out so I dunno when I'll get to it. Also Dankir pls you're the chosen one I rely on you to be the one with the '89 Batmobile I lust after.

Seeing how HT Yoda will be my last HT for awhile, at least until I dont have to pay $205/week for child care. I was thinking, if it's not too expensive, of making a small aquarium diorama of Dagobah. Think it would be a fun project. Would wait to see the actual figure before attempting but if I could make it look how I have it imagined in my head, it would be an awesome display piece.

For you SSFers, yes, stole this idea from someone else.

dankir

The Batmobiles? Around $1k.

Yeah I actually had on order from BBTS when it finally came out. But then I saw how fucking huge the box was and shipping weight.

Box Size
17.00" H (431.8mm) x 27.00" W (685.8mm) x 49.00" L (1244.6mm)*
Product Weight
32.00 lbs (14.51 kg)*
Dimensional Weight
98 lbs*

The duties and USD/CAD exchange was too much. I'll find one locally, I got my Dark Knight Tumbler for 475 Canadian, so 89 Batmobile someday for sure.

Yeah I actually had on order from BBTS when it finally came out. But then I saw how fucking huge the box was and shipping weight.

Box Size
Product Weight
32.00 lbs (14.51 kg)*
Dimensional Weight
98 lbs*

The duties and USD/CAD exchange was too much. I'll find one locally, I got my Dark Knight Tumbler for 475 Canadian, so 89 Batmobile someday for sure.
ok, so the shipping is what kills it... makes sense.

thanks guys!

Box Size
Product Weight
32.00 lbs (14.51 kg)*
Dimensional Weight
98 lbs*

Quitter.

Just wanted to say Futurevoid is awesome and legit and everyone buy some of his stuff since I could only afford one item. But what a fucking item.

I'll confirm Futurevoid's awesomeness. Hot Toys Superman arrived very quickly and it was packed well. Need to get some more money to buy more of his figs.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Wow, shipping a 98-pound toy box... Ouch.
Sideshow is in SoCal. Do they allow will call pickup?

I just saw that they did an extremely limited run of the Batwing. I can't even find anything about one being resold so it must be expensive AF.

S.H. Figuarts Street Fighter V Cammy and Rashid: http://news.toyark.com/2017/03/24/street-fighter-v-rashid-cammy-sh-figuarts-247298
SH-Figuarts-SFV-Cammy-001.jpg

SH-Figuarts-SFV-Rashid-001.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Mezco Daredevil is pretty fucking great. I know everyone says Green Arrow is their best figure but I'm having way more fun with this guy.

Gotta stop by the post office tomorrow to grab my Robot Spirits Eva-01. I've shown my friends the Tumbler semi-unboxed and we all just geek out lol

Got my "preowned" Robot Spirits Eva-01 from AmiAmi today. Preowned is in quotes cause this thing was sealed and brand new, just with a beat up box. Figure is insanely good too, so smooth to pose and shits all over the Revo one which just screams terrible quality now.

Got my "preowned" Robot Spirits Eva-01 from AmiAmi today. Preowned is in quotes cause this thing was sealed and brand new, just with a beat up box. Figure is insanely good too, so smooth to pose and shits all over the Revo one which just screams terrible quality now.

They're very meticulous about item condition. I once bought an A/B item from them with no more than a barely-noticable crease on one of the box flaps.

LiK

Looking forward to the HT Mera. Funny that the BvS WW figure still isn't out yet and her own movie and JL are both coming out this year. They're gonna be repackaging the shit outta her.

They're very meticulous about item condition. I once bought an A/B item from them with no more than a barely-noticable crease on one of the box flaps.

that's really cool you made out with a brand new figure. i need to start looking at their pre-owned stuff

LiK

Fuck it, preordered the F4F Solaire Exclusive Edition. Looked better than expected and it's not as big or as expensive as Artorias. Not even sure why people are buying the regular edition. Price difference is minimal and it has way less accessories. Might as well keep the Souls collection complete. Payment options for Flexpay is pretty good too.

Fuck it, preordered the F4F Solaire Exclusive Edition. Looked better than expected and it's not as big or as expensive as Artorias. Not even sure why people are buying the regular edition. Price difference is minimal and it has way less accessories. Might as well keep the Souls collection complete. Payment options for Flexpay is pretty good too.

Dat willpower. How many days before it gave out?

After seeing the new Power Rangers movie in theaters...

Please educate me on what the new scene of Power Rangers figures is like. Toys R Us seems to have 1/2 off Legacy figures, I may grab a couple of those.

Congrats on that pickup always nice acquiring a grail piece! And damn shit damn that F91 is siiiiick. Looks like I'll be getting raped in aftermarket prices cause I gotta have that figure.
thanks man! i've been searching all over for an F91 pre-order for you.no luck so far.
if you do have a page monitor use it on this page. as there' might be a few cancelled orders due to non payment pop up.
the other place that is going to have a few pop is here i've already saw they 2 were sold at 180.

Fuuuuuuuuck. Still salty I missed the chance to preorder the F91 since it's one of my favorite suits.
yeah if not the above places, the US release is next month so a chance some place may have it in April.

completing those high priced statues.
Dat willpower. How many days before it gave out?
LOL

thanks man! i've been searching all over for an F91 pre-order for you.no luck so far.
if you do have a page monitor use it on this page. as there' might be a few cancelled orders due to non payment pop up.
the other place that is going to have a few pop is here i've already saw they 2 were sold at 180.

I appreciate the help man,will keep my eyes on those links. Debating on if I should just bite the bullet on the aftermarket prices while they are "lower"..

EDIT: Found a shop with preorders open they are asking $225,decent price?

I appreciate the help man,will keep my eyes on those links. Debating on if I should just bite the bullet on the aftermarket prices while they are "lower"..

EDIT: Found a shop with preorders open they are asking $225,decent price?

i was looking at the yahoo japan auctions i linked a page back. so far they've been selling at 25000yen so you should be good to hold off a few days. on ebay the lowest i've seen the Japan retailers selling it for about 260 shipped. i'd just keep watch daily and if they start selling and going up, then i'd panic and grab one.

is it 225 shipped? if it is, not much of a markup. the US release was officially priced at 214. so just 10 bucks more.

as reference: retailed for 20000yen in Japan.
hlj/amiami had it for about 17000-18000yen which is about 154-160usd, add shipping it'll come to 180-190 shipped.
the market has them selling at about 23000-25000yen plus shipping. so about 215-225 plus international shipping of 30-40 makes it about 260-270. which seems to reflect the international seller U.S. ebay prices.
the mandrake ones were sold at 20000yen. so i'd rekon it'll be about 215 shipped.

you can try your luck and wait for a hlj pre-order to pop up (my order came out to 154usd) or go for the 225 one. just a heads up, some that ordered from hlj @ the 2nd opening didn't get their orders to go through so they're hawking that page with auto page refresher apps.

The total would come out to $236 shipped roughly which I guess isnt too bad. Think Ill place an order which I can cancel if I dont find one for cheaper later on. Thanks for the heads up and info :)

Top Bottom