• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Honor |OT| And shame are huge parts of it

-Deimos

ForHonor_og_1200x630.jpg

Game Info:
Platforms: PC, Playstation 4, Xbox One
Genre: TBD
Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
Release Date: February 14, 2017
Full singleplayer story campaign with online Co-op
5 Multiplayer game modes that can be played against AI bots
12 Maps each with weather and day/night variations + Free upcoming DLC maps
12 Heroes + Free upcoming DLC characters
41WUjPN.jpg

Playable as single-player and two-player co-op, the For Honor story mode is an immersive tale of larger-than-life warriors plunged into one of the bloodiest wars between Knights, Vikings, and Samurai in recent history.
Hundreds of years after a cataclysm reshaped the world, Knights, Vikings, and Samurai have adapted and thrive once more. Each now has the power to defy the other factions, tipping a fragile equilibrium into all-out war.
Embodying the greatest warriors of each faction, players experience some of the defining moments that led to the war. Dealing with manipulation, betrayal, and catastrophic reversal, they will need wits and skills to ensure victory.
Storming castles and fortresses, turning the tide of key battles, and defeating deadly bosses in intense duels, players will incarnate as battle-hardened heroes who will shape the course of a violent history.

EWMGLeM.png

Click on the images to get more information.

mYZYDQ7.png

Dominion
In this 4v4 battle you must break the opposing team’s morale and then eliminate them. You do so by scoring points through killing enemies, capturing specific areas, and controlling them over time.
Once a team reaches 1000 points, the opposite teams breaks and can no longer spawn unless they kill opponents or recapture areas. A team wins by killing the last hero of a breaking team.

Duel
Battle it out against a single opponent in a best of five-round fight in an arena! Use your mastery of your hero’s moveset to slay your opponent. You must do so without feats or radar to pinpoint your opponent’s position.

Brawl
This is a 2v2, best-of-five rounds battle to the death. Each hero spawns at a different point of the map. A team wins a battle when they’ve eliminated the last hero of the opposing team. There are no respawns.
Battle arenas are filled with traps and ledges, so exploit your environment to your advantage!

Skirmish
Combat skills are key in Skirmish as you score points for your team by killing enemy Heroes. Each match ends with a climatic with a breaking phase when one team needs to wipe out all of the players on the other team to win the game!

Elimination
Elimination is a best of five rounds 4v4 mode. There is no respawn and the player who is the last to survive on the battlefield wins the round for their team. It’s a mode full of tension where every fight matters – will you confront your direct opponent or coordinate with your team to storm together one enemy after the other?

NmoDi8v.png

• Six All New Heroes – These will be released in batches of two at the beginning of each new season of the Faction War. Season Pass owners will have access to these Heroes seven days before they are available to all players. After the Season Pass early access period, these Heroes can be unlocked with Steel, For Honor’s in-game currency that can be earned by completing matches and in-game challenges.
  • Six elite outfits to customize the new heroes
  • Exclusive sunbeam effect on emotes for all Heroes
  • Three exclusive emblem outlines
  • Three scavenger crates that unlock additional gear
  • 30-Day Champion Status – Gives XP boosts to you and your friends, as well as more XP from crafting and more loot at the end of matches
VLwlOQm.png

Progression and Customization
Season Pass & Post Launch
Faction War
Map Variations
Story Trailer
Cinematic Trailer
World Premiere Trailer

39jcfcG.png

Q: Is there a singleplayer mode?
A: Yes, there is a singleplayer/2-player co-op story campaign. You can also play any of the multiplayer modes with AI bots instead of real players.

Q: Can I play the game without an internet connection?
A: Unfortunately, no. You must always be online in order to play, even the singleplayer modes.

Q: Will DLC be free?
A: Yes, Heroes, Maps, Modes and Gear will be free. Cosmetic items may require spending real money.

Q: Can I still play as heroes who are not part of my chosen faction?
A: Yes, your faction choice only affects the 'Faction War' metagame.

Q: Is it possible to win an outnumbered fight?
A: Yes! Play the advanced tutorial to learn how to block multiple enemies at once and activate revenge as an enemy is attacking to knock them down. Patience is key when fighting multiple enemies, so time your attacks well and play defensively.

Q: I keep getting killed. How do I ________?
A: PLAY THE ADVANCED TUTORIAL! Not only will you learn valuable skills and techniques, but you'll also get a bonus 1500 Steel (in-game currency).

1sMRCmK.png

For Honor Guides and Gameplay Information
Fundamentals of Defense in For Honor
Guide to Feints
Video showcasing combat against multiple enemies
Gear Stat Values by Silvaitos

All the store pages and prices
NeoGAF Samurai emblem - Viking emblem

1AKqmro.png

GAF Discord link
GAF User ID Spreadsheet (Quote to reveal):

Xbox Club: FOR HONOR GAF or message archpath1 for an invite
PS4 Community: For Honor GAF or message toadshadow64

Credit to DaxMedFlax for the OT title.

Wait. The story mode has co-op??

Is it couch coop or online coop? A friend of mine is considering getting a PS4 and FH, and playing the story mode together sounds fun

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Really nice OT!
Not a huge MP player these days but a sucker for swords, looking forward to it (obviously), kensei-a-go-go

Is it too early to mention that it kinda sucks that faction war win is determined by just the last round? Or am I misunderstanding?

Shouldn't there be a winner for each of these three:

- Highest controlled territories controlled at the end of the season
- Highest number of controlled territories throughout the season
- Highest number of controlled territories at any point

sjay1994

Wait... the campaign can be played in co-op?

Well shit, that could actually be something fun to do with my friends

What's the season pass get you if heroes, maps etc are free?

1 week early access to new heroes, currency gain increase, and some cosmetics.

Hexer06

I will be Team Samurai! Mainly playing as a Nobushi, but very interested in trying the other 3 characters not available in the beta. Less than 24 hours and we all should be playing it!!! Super hyped. It's cool that campaign has online co-op. I had no clue, lol. This game is awesome and I tried convincing my friends to get it, but no one bit after the beta. The game takes a while to get good at and a lot of ppl aren't okay with taking the time to get better at it. Makes me sad :/.

Totally skipped the open beta because I've already played this for like 30 hours since the closed Alpha last year. Tired of redoing the tutorial and getting my stats reset. Looking forward to release and trying out the last 4 classes.

deoee

So good.

Will it unlock this night (00:01 for EU?) or will we have to wait one additional day?

also if anyone has a spare key for PC, contact me please, I'm very interested :|

I heard that Conquerors can do infinite swing combos kinda like a Berserker. Do you know if this is true? If so, is there any way you could describe how to do it? :D

Yes you can, its as simple as alternating light attacks. It will get deflected or parried if you telegraph it. It's not OP at higher levels. You'll need to connect on a heavy + unblockable charge to start the combo if you hope to have any success.

Hexer06

Yes you can, its as simple as alternating light attacks. It will get deflected or parried if you telegraph it. It's not OP at higher levels though. You'll need to connect on a heavy + unblockable charge to start the combo if you hope to have any success.
Interesting.. I'll have to try that out. I started using him for about 2 duels, and then had to stop playing the beta. So I'm looking forward to trying him out again soon.

Team Knight or Team Samurai <3
I vote Team Samurai! :p

wrongway

Fuck it. We in there. I already miss the beta too much to not get this right away. Preload's a-rollin'.

I might go Team Weeb myself. Viking's tempting just because their area's snowy and I'm from CO. But that wouldn't be terribly fair to Nobushi-chan. :D

Does anyone know if the amount of currency you get for tutorials is the same in the main game as the open beta? Likewise for the cost of heroes?

arcticice

Played the open beta, it was decent, but that's just it, decent. There is nothing special in the game. At least i couldn't find any

Does anyone know if the amount of currency you get for tutorials is the same in the main game as the open beta? Likewise for the cost of heroes?

Yes sir, they said it would be. Those values are static, supposedly. This is old though, from way back in the first alpha, so hopefully that didn't change.

9pm PST Monday, at least according to my ps4 preload.

Seriously? That's 11pm my time, awesome, way earlier than expected.

Played the open beta, it was decent, but that's just it, decent. There is nothing special in the game. At least i couldn't find any

Another hot take! We're getting so many of those in For Honor discussions tonight. What's with this game that sets off randos?

Top Bottom