• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Honor |OT| And shame are huge parts of it

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

Alienous

Having played the beta the lack of honor in the game surprised me. I've had people sprint away from me in 2v2's to attack my teammate in the back. I've been been ganged up on, 2v1. Where's the honor in that?

RU1dijv.gif

The grizzled commander who calls an airstrike on his own location to ensure victory. His sacrifice will be remembered.

Having played the beta the lack of honor in the game surprised me. I've had people sprint away from me in 2v2's to attack my teammate in the back. I've been been ganged up on, 2v1. Where's the honor in that?

Most people just want to win. Can you really blame them?

Budi

I don't mean you by this, but I found it bit ironic that the people who got upset about this started throwing slurs like retard and fag at other players. Where's the honor in that I was wondering. Personally when situation like you described happens, I adapt. I get it that not anyone wants to play by some silly arbitrary rules, why get so upset about it. And many times people just aren't aware that such restrictions should be followed, why get nasty about it. Unfortunately there was no report function for language.

There's honor in keeping your composure and not start slinging mud like a child at a sandbox, when someone else wants to play the game as it was intended.

Jobbs

Banned

You aren't entitled to a 1v1 when there are multiple people on each team. The hectic nature makes it fun.

The more I think about it the more I think brawl is just unnecessary grief.

In a 1v1 match people can be honorable if they want, in a 4v4 match generally people accept that anything and everything goes. But 2v2 is this weird in-between where people expect you to fight only 1v1 at a time but the game expects you to fight dirty. And this creates unnecessary drama.

Mechazawa

I laughed at dorks who complained in chat about getting ganged up on in brawl.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

As far as I'm concerned, the only honour in the game is in the title.

One episode saw myself and 3 team mates chasing down the last remaining enemy in an Elimination match. He just kept running us around the map. He really didn't want to die. You have to laugh.

It went on for a good minute or so before we managed to trap him on a ladder. He did well to last that long, even if it was the least honourable way it could have possibly gone down.

Rafus

I had some issues in the 4v4.
It was common to enter a match replacing a bot playing in one of the teams. And the other way: it was very common to someone ragequitting the match and being replaced by a bot, fucking your team when it's a team mate.
And when's on the other team, if he was killed, he was replaced by a living bot, so you had to find him and kill him again.
Was it just the beta, or will the final game have this bot implementation?
I don't know if I explained myself :p

Rodelero

The more I think about it the more I think brawl is just unnecessary grief.

In a 1v1 match people can be honorable if they want, in a 4v4 match generally people accept that anything and everything goes. But 2v2 is this weird in-between where people expect you to fight only 1v1 at a time but the game expects you to fight dirty. And this creates unnecessary drama.

It almost feels like they need to make a formalised version of what a lot of people actually do in Brawl. A mode where there are two separate 1v1s followed, in the case that different teams win the two 1v1s, another 1v1. Frankly, the same system for 4v4 might do wonders too. Despite almost everyone seeming to have some kind of honor system in Brawl, it's unbelievable how few people in Brawl play entirely fairly. Almost without fail, if your teammate loses their 1v1 and you win yours, but a little bit afterwards, you will be attacked as you finish the first player.

Personally I'm not really bothered about people following any kind of honour code in Brawl... but I cannot stand people who do some kind of stupid half way house.

Budi

Despite almost everyone seeming to have some kind of honor system in Brawl, it's unbelievable how few people in Brawl play entirely fairly. Almost without fail, if your teammate loses their 1v1 and you win yours, but a little bit afterwards, you will be attacked as you finish the first player.

Yup it's very common to get your execute interrupted. Or when they get the chance they will revive their team mate.

Nothus

Had an absolute blast playing the Beta, think I spent about 14 hours on it over the weekend!!
Peacekeeper is a hell of a lot of fun to play as, and will definitely be my main when I eventually pick the game up.

However, the shambolic state of the servers and the decision to use P2P will prevent me from picking this up day one. I'll wait for a price drop and then pick it up.

Made my pre-order and downloading the game now.

Once more will my Conqueror be an unbreakable shield before the Samurai and Viking hordes.

Deus vult.

Gbraga

This game is amazing! Will get it later when I have the money or find a good deal for the game/season pass.

#deusvult

GamersGate (they had the name before, haha) has it 22% off. GMG too.

But it has regional pricing, so it depends on your region. I was able to grab the game+season pass for ~$50 that way.

Same here.
Its 7am here and i have no idea what to do so im cleaning out a closet. Gonna be a long day!

And because of time zones, I'll probably only play it tomorrow night.

So 2 days of staring at the clock.

I think that's part of it, and the other part is that people didn't expect this to be a fighting game and it was an ego blow when their 1337 Soulsborne PvP skills don't really apply.

I don't know, man. Invading against people co-oping in Dark Souls III is the reason why I laugh when people try to roll and run away from me. Roll catches all day with sprint + R2.

Despite almost everyone seeming to have some kind of honor system in Brawl, it's unbelievable how few people in Brawl play entirely fairly
Let's not go down the road of people arbitrarily deciding what is fair and having 'honour'. It doesn't end well. What's one man's fair is another's unfair. What next, no guard breaks? No unblockables?

Samemind

I haven't seen too many people mention the vs ai game modes. I wonder if some people who found themselves overwhelmed would enjoy playing against bots with a team of other players instead.

Kaname

I haven't seen too many people mention the vs ai game modes. I wonder if some people who found themselves overwhelmed would enjoy playing against bots with a team of other players instead.

I found some of them way better than real people lol

Slightly annoying that in the uk at least Xbox doesn't let you buy the standard edition off of the marketplace

The lowest you can go is the deluxe edition which is a little pricy

Anyone know if any work around or if this will change post launch?

SomTervo

I remember the bots in the alpha were ridiculous. They had balanced them a bit better by the open beta, but in the alpha the bots would completely wipe the floor with all but the most experienced players.

You're fighting for honour, not with honour

I find the AI to be harder than any person I have played..specifically in Duel. They act like youd expect, like robots...they dont panic or get locked into a combo loop and do the same thing over and over again. They are super efficient at defending and do a bunch of different things when attacking.

EL CUCO

So I guess we won't see reviews till atleast a week from now, since the servers aren't live?

Really curious to hear about the campaign.

zkorejo

If anyone having issues with connection/servers/NAT or getting disconnected during matches in the open beta is getting this game, then please tell if the actual game is working fine, same as beta or worse.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Bots are secretly more savage than most players. And have zero honor whatsoever.

Top Bottom