• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

scy

Ended up pulling on banner 2 hoping for Celes OSB; got 2x Celes BSB, 1x Cyan BSB.

...now to resist pulling more. Got a good amount of Mythril left (350-ish with more to grind out) but who knows what I end up throwing at Banner 3 or 4 plus some long-term saving.

ccbfan

Kain BSB is insane. It was on my want list since he's one of my favorite characters but holy crap the damage is ridicules when paired with lightning dive (which we got a free one).

Lightning Dive is an easy 9999x4 since the BSB gives enlightning, the lance is + lightning and I have Agrias Shield which is also +lightning. Plus the BSB C1 give quick jump and C2 give jump ether. The synergy is ridicules.

Its super easy to use too.

(BSB->C1->LD->LD->C2->C1->LD)^Repeat

R2 (4 uses) is pretty much all you need. You're talking about over 250K damage by one character.

Apparently according to reddit when paired with lightning dive its an omega tier BSB. So if anyone is wavering on pulling on Banner one. Keep this relic in mind cause its really good.

I really wish people with spotty connections would stop hosting MP. I had no problem running a few super long runs of Apoc Shadow Lord, but doing U+ I had the leader drop a turn or two away from victory twice and it just happened again doing Hard. :/

https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Keepers Victorious Over Nemesis

Well this is quickly turning in a hackers wall of glory. Why remove the blatant no heal ones but keep the four characters from same realm, no protectga ones?

K now I have too many overpowered relics and the game is too easy. BLAH!
In a couple of months of time it might well be; my walls are useless as everything ignores def, my en-element nukes are not so useful with resists or what have you and also why does every boss have bad breath now...give me an
affliction
break.

Pejo

Kain BSB is insane. It was on my want list since he's one of my favorite characters but holy crap the damage is ridicules when paired with lightning dive (which we got a free one).

Lightning Dive is an easy 9999x4 since the BSB gives enlightning, the lance is + lightning and I have Agrias Shield which is also +lightning. Plus the BSB C1 give quick jump and C2 give jump ether. The synergy is ridicules.

R2 (4 uses) is pretty much all you need. You're talking about over 250K damage by one character.

Apparently according to reddit when paired with lightning dive its an omega tier BSB. So if anyone is wavering on pulling on Banner one. Keep this relic in mind cause its really good.

This makes me really happy to hear. I've always liked Kain as a character, and i got this BSB along with Keeper Ultra, Onion Knight OSB, Sephy gloves, Edge's jacket, and Arc's robe on 2 pulls. Probably 2 of my best pulls in a long while.

I have enough mythril for one more 11 pull, not sure which banner I am going to go on. I really really wanted Locke's burst, but I already got his OSB and the odds of getting what I want on that banner is pretty slim, compared to all the dupes I could potentially get. I think I've already made out like a bandit from the past few banners though, so I can't really be upset.

Silexx

I second this. Best part is, I got this one when it was first released and I got 4 (4!) dupes of that weapon in one pull.

Decided to do another pull on Phase 1 for Kain's Lance. (Might do 1 more as well) and went 3/11 a 2nd OK OSB, Tyro's Ultra coat thing, and Maria's bow which I am pretty happy about.

Edit: Next one 3/11 again. Braska Coat, Red Coat and another Maria bow.

Syntsui

Decided to do another pull on Phase 1 for Kain's Lance. (Might do 1 more as well) and went 3/11 a 2nd OK OSB, Tyro's Ultra coat thing, and Maria's bow which I am pretty happy about.

You are done, really. Great pulls, I did 4 and didn't get Maria nor OK.

You are done, really. Great pulls, I did 4 and didn't get Maria nor OK.

Yeah, I am happy with what I got. Phase 4 is my next pull. I may do one on Phase 3 as well. I still have a shit ton of mythril to get from the story which I am going to work on now so I should have enough for 3-4 pulls by the time it gets here.

scy

Once I can make/hone up a Lightning Dive, I'm definitely wanting to try this. I have Lightning's Imperil BSB as well so I think I have a pretty comp there to work around with.

This is really making me want to try again for the Tyro USB or Maria BSB D:

:(

I pulled hoping for one of the BSBs, ended up with Celes' OSB (which is cool but I would have rather had the BSB), and like 6 copies of her Unique sword. :/

:( For what it's worth, Celes BSB comes back in her BSB2 banner down the road. It's part of why I wanted to try and get her OSB here: It hasn't shown up again yet.

Caim

K now I have too many overpowered relics and the game is too easy. BLAH!

I feel you, but at least after 2nd Anniversary we're going to be getting Zenith, and Rebirth dungeons which should be challenging.

I'm not sure how any of the future Ultimate+ or CMs are, but we'll eventually get Magicite Dungeons which are no RW (except for a new character tied to those dungeons) they also have an 80 percent resistance to Break skills, plus their own set of mechanics on top of that.

Some of the newer content has a timer and depending on how fast you cleared it you got better drops.

Syntsui

They fucked up Kefka real good in this game, how the fuck is the second most iconic villain of the franchise so bad here and in Brave Exvius.

Risked a pull on banner 1 and got the tyros USB, awesome. Except it's crashed mp games three times for me, incredibly annoying. Probably about a 40% crash rate. Wonder of the ole iPad 4 can't handle it. Crashed when the angel appears and last time crashed when the HP pool number appeared.

Caim

Risked a pull on banner 1 and got the tyros USB, awesome. Except it's crashed mp games three times for me, incredibly annoying. Probably about a 40% crash rate. Wonder of the ole iPad 4 can't handle it. Crashed when the angel appears and last time crashed when the HP pool number appeared.

I read on the reddit somewhere that his USB has crashed the game for some people.

I have it, but haven't tried it out.

ZangBa

I just had the most grueling Shadow Lord fight. I was having a hard time finding a lobby with a good setup so I tried a jack-of-all-trades route that worked on the fight go. I had OK with 379 attack and magic exactly somehow, so I could alternate between phases while also carrying Full Break which I honestly could hardly ever find anyone bringing. I also had Magic Breakdown, but that was kind of a mistake because we had Vaan, but I had no chance to switch. My other character was Y'shtola decked out in ever SB. I use has a waller if need be, or BSB healer, in this case I was on Wall duty.

My Y'shtola ran out of hones of Curaja and Shellga by the last 15% lol. The reason is because we had no magic damage outside of my pitiful Onion Knight, Reno casting 6 uses of Thundaja, Vanille BSB command and something from Penelo? I think her BSB enty. We had 4 Healers! And since we had another Y'shtola using her BSB, I almost never built any SB meter from damage. I BARELY kept Wall up 100% of the time. Our physical damage was Vaan, Reno, my OK and Busch and that was also painfully slow. I think had 5 OK BSB casts by the end. It's probably all my fault, but hey we mastered so whatever.

Indignate

Beat my first U+

I didn't feel like starting off with my main team so I decided something new.

Metamorphose Terra with Y'sh BSB, Rosa BSB/SSB, Yuna BSB 2, and Sazh BSB backing her up.

Scary parts where hoping for a good start to get mitigation up before someone got one-shotted and being prepared for Ultima/Meltdown combo. In this run she didn't even use Meltdown and it was the one run I was actually prepared for it (Rosa got Divine Heal off right after Ultima was used).

Screenshot_2017-03-27-14-16-49.png
Screenshot_2017-03-27-14-46-33.png

friz898

Beat my first U+

I didn't feel like starting off with my main team so I decided something new.

Metamorphose Terra with Y'sh BSB, Rosa BSB/SSB, Yuna BSB 2, and Sazh BSB backing her up.

Scary parts where hoping for a good start to get mitigation up before someone got one-shotted and being prepared for Ultima/Meltdown combo. In this run she didn't even use Meltdown and it was the one run I was actually prepared for it (Rosa got Divine Heal off right after Ultima was used).

Congrats! That's a game changer. You've now raised the bar for yourself and probably won't accept not finishing a U+ from now on.

Welcome to getting a Weekly MC3 from here on out!

I just had the most grueling Shadow Lord fight. I was having a hard time finding a lobby with a good setup so I tried a jack-of-all-trades route that worked on the fight go. I had OK with 379 attack and magic exactly somehow, so I could alternate between phases while also carrying Full Break which I honestly could hardly ever find anyone bringing. I also had Magic Breakdown, but that was kind of a mistake because we had Vaan, but I had no chance to switch. My other character was Y'shtola decked out in ever SB. I use has a waller if need be, or BSB healer, in this case I was on Wall duty.

My Y'shtola ran out of hones of Curaja and Shellga by the last 15% lol. The reason is because we had no magic damage outside of my pitiful Onion Knight, Reno casting 6 uses of Thundaja, Vanille BSB command and something from Penelo? I think her BSB enty. We had 4 Healers! And since we had another Y'shtola using her BSB, I almost never built any SB meter from damage. I BARELY kept Wall up 100% of the time. Our physical damage was Vaan, Reno, my OK and Busch and that was also painfully slow. I think had 5 OK BSB casts by the end. It's probably all my fault, but hey we mastered so whatever.

I basically run OK and Vanille for every single MP fight, because I don't trust anyone else to heal, buff, or do consistent damage (Swiftspell->Swiftspell->Swiftspell...).

MiTYH

Are we expecting a ton of myrthil in the coming days? Besides the new events/daily logins. Debating on pulling once tonight...

scy

Are we expecting a ton of myrthil in the coming days? Besides the new events/daily logins. Debating on pulling once tonight...

Besides events and dailies? Not too much. There's +10 from 2x Orbfest phases and +8 from the other 4 Record X wings. Besides that, +5 tomorrow for start of Year 3.

All-in-all, there's around 45-ish Mythril by the end of Anniversary banners. Based off of this planner, anyway.

ultra7k

ugh decided to do one more pull on anniversary banner 1 -

Sephiroth's Gloves and Braska's Robe (got this as a 1/11 prize the other time I pulled).

Was hoping for Kain's BSB, but I guess I can't complain having suffered through the terrible 0/11 days.

Cannot get past the first stage of Nemesis unbound, by the time he spams his chaos laser things, it does everyone in.

Going to have to re-evaluate.

Can anyone make an argument that I need to pull on banner 4? I feel like I am pretty good on holy swords with Beatrix's SSB and BSSB, Celes' BSSB, Cecil's BSSB, Minfilia's BSSB, and TG Cid's OSSB. I dunno where I would fit Agrias in.

Syntsui

Can anyone make an argument that I need to pull on banner 4? I feel like I am pretty good on holy swords with Beatrix's SSB and BSSB, Celes' BSSB, Cecil's BSSB, Minfilia's BSSB, and TG Cid's OSSB. I dunno where I would fit Agrias in.

You really don't need anything there.

MiTYH

Decided to do a pull anyway

2/11. Selphie's SSB (dupe), and Exdeath's SSB.

Nothing to write home about. 3 and 4 are where I'll be spending time

100 gems was Exdeath Faithga/Res boost staff. This stacks with almost any other Faithga at least. I have like ALL of them but Sheepsong. I can stack MAG up for days...

Game also decided that I needed more Dark DMG SB. I could easily make a Dark team including Imperil Dark and a few EnDark. They still don't seem to be too viable, though.

Also I just counted that I have 16 5* for V. I never pulled on a V event banner. :/

MrDaravon

3/11, Crystal Glove x2 and Crescent Wish

I'm actually pretty happy with this pull as I FINALLY have a goddamn FF8 Medica. It's not a BSB but this one is pretty great for a non-BSB Medica so I'll take it. I didn't have anything at all for Zell, so not my first pick but it's decent and my FF8 synergy isn't super awesome yet so I'll take any additional tools I can get here.

Overall happy just to get a goddamn FF8 medica, glad I decided to go ahead and pull on this, legit worth the 50 mythril just for that for me personally.

Super happy getting Quintis' Dress in the 100 mythril pull since I was hoping to get some Edgar or Kefka stuff in the VI banner.

With that, I have 4 of the 10 on this banner- Tidus's OSB, Holy Shield, and too many of those Crescent Wish's. I'm probably going to resist the pull for Faris' OSB and wait for B5 to shoot for the flute.

Balphon

1/11, Faris OSB. Pretty good result. Might pull again since I only have one other item on the banner and I'd like one of these bursts.

Kenai

100 gems got me Yuna's dress. I had none of her Medica stuff so that's gud even if her BSB commands on it are a little bizarre (at least it's no Tiny Bee).

I kinda want to pull on it for Minifilla Shield but I won't. Not worth it when I wanna go all in on Banner 3 for Cid and Relm stuff.

Also got Celes OSB from FF6's second banner on that 100 gem pull, which blew my mind. I feel like I'm gonna pay for that luck by my banner 3 pulls being garbo but we shall see.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I have like 350 gems saved up. Did one 11-pull on Banner 1 and 1 on Banner 2 so far. Any consensus on the best to go all-out on? I haven't been following along very closely lately.

Kenai

I have like 350 gems saved up. Did one 11-pull on Banner 1 and 1 on Banner 2 so far. Any consensus on the best to go all-out on? I haven't been following along very closely lately.

Between 3 and 4 for most ppl.

3 has Cid Raines BSB (God Tier), 3 other great BSBs, and Sheepsong. Neither OSB is very hype though.

4 has both of Alph's relics (top tier in general and VERY good for Nemesis) and two very good Medicas, plus TGC's OSB.

5 isn't bad though. it has Vanille's BSB (best healer BSB you'll get) and Luneth's BSB which is amazing (i own it), plus 2 Hastega's.

scy

Decided to go ahead and pull, 4/11 of all the SSBs to torment me.
Edit: Decided I'd rather have a shot at Faris USB over any IX thing for now, 2/11 Minfilia SSB (3 total now). Yup, we're done here.

3 has Cid Raines BSB (God Tier), 3 other great BSBs, and Sheepsong. Neither OSB is very hype though.

On top of that, I believe those 3 other BSBs (Refia, Golbez, Relm) have no guaranteed re-appearances. That's been a large part of my push to pull the banner despite having Raines meta, anyway.

Edit: I'd say personally 5 is the weakest overall despite the big winners on it (Eiko USB, Vanille BSB) but that's mostly due to my lack of interest in Luneth BSB.

Tonight's banner 2 pull was terrible. Only Zell gloves, but honestly, I'm not too bummed. Wasn't much on this banner I need, though Tidus OSB would have been nice.

I got Tyro USB, Braska coat, Maria Bow, and Kain lance on banner 1 though so so far I'm pretty happy.

I really wish I'd been able to get Tyro's BSB and OSB back when they were around. I really want the stat boosts.

Top Bottom