• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Probably gonna have to 3 roll on banner 3 and 5 for a burst heal for Relm or Vanille. Though all the synergy isnt out yet, I question whether I can beat the Nemesis 180 without a burst heal. Havent tried yet after phase 2 which I dont have good relics or characters for, so nothing has changed, and I didnt do so hot after the first set of synergy was released.

LOL at idiots kicking my level 80 BSB users Kain and Ashe out of multiplayer team setup lobby. I do a crap ton of damage with them.

5/11 on banner 2.

Quistis BSB
Minfilia SSB (dupe)
Shantotto BSB
Selphie SSB
Zell SSB

There's not much I really was looking for specifically here, so just 4 non dupes was great

Falk

that puzzling face
LOL at idiots kicking my level 80 BSB users Kain and Ashe out of multiplayer team setup lobby. I do a crap ton of damage with them.

Unfortunately it's basically an ecosystem where there are a ton of garbage players out in pubs with no real means of communicating outside of copypaste stickers, and no one really wants to take a chance. Honestly speaking if I wanted to clear in as few attempts/as fast as possible when pubbing I'd have probably done the same. :|

Just hop on discord to form a party or something.

I keep a CM Team loadout in Favorite for each Realm. Due to the influx of new toys, I remade them all and it me realize that I now have a Medica in nearly every realm. :D

I - Sarah SSB (h85 + Hastega)
II - Josef SSB (40% + 5.84x/4 AoE Ice/NE)
III - Arc SSB (h85 + P.Blink 1, Instant)
IV - n/a
V - Lenna SSB2 (h85 + RES+)
VI - n/a
VII - Aerith USB (h85 + Shell + 2k Stock) / BSB (h85 + 9.5x/5 AoE Holy)
VIII - Selphie SSB (h85 + M.Blink 1)
IX - Eiko SSB (h50 + 40% Reraise)
X - Yuna BSB2 (h55 + MAG/MND+)
XI - n/a
XII - Penelo SSB (h85 + 12x/3 Holy)
XIII - Vanille BSB (h85 + Self MND+, Instant)
XIV - n/a
T - n/a

Dragner

Nemesis defeated boys!!!

With the excitement forgot to make screenshots or record it. Will try to duplicate my success later and record it.

My team was this.

joM8Gxal.png

Extreme tortoise. Last 5 % was me throwing instaheals and last stands like there was no tomorrow.

Two pulls on phase 2:

Enuo's scourge x2
Tactician Magician's Gloves x2
Holy Shield (now I have an 8* one, outside of RS it's res is 101 so almost old 5* light armour levels)

So three dupes but one dupe in a way.

I fused the FFV weapons without reading the description. RIP darkness meta :(

Kept the bangles separate for now. Hardly any XI synergy and I'm not sure they're exactly going to get much use outside of XI even if they are 6*.

Why can't Kefka be record dived :( i pulled his Flute on my 100 gem today. He'd be awesome with Dancer 5, and i think it'd fit thematically too.
Isn't he a victim of the bard motes issue. First Edward takes several months to get an MC and now you can't dive any bard because oh no there will be the 6* bard option with no motes...concert hall? no motes there just music that doesn't play back correctly...

They fucked up Kefka real good in this game, how the fuck is the second most iconic villain of the franchise so bad here and in Brave Exvius.
At least he makes the correct laughing noise here rather than something I describe as drunk Waluigi.

Got Tidus' OSB and some lame shield. Sweet! That's my second OSB in 2 days. Feeling really lucky.
The lame shield only has party last stand and party 50% attack.

Falk

that puzzling face
is this what the game has become

TBsZMS1l.png

aqBCV50l.png

jch0dGUl.png

edit: Not saying powercreep is bad, but having to trudge through walkover parts of events to get to the actual meat has gotten rather tedious.

Just remembering back to that FFVI event (Locke/Phoenix, I think?) which had 10 classic, 10 elite fights to go through, lol

ccbfan

Minfilia has been my MVP in Multiplayer for a while now, Last Stand + Vanille's BSB makes for a lot of survivability.

She's great public lobby MP character. She and Ysho are my standards for public lobby.

I have her BSB and SSB.

She's goods at a lot of important things but not great at any which make her good for a situation where its hard to control your team characters.

Your team doesn't have full break? Give her full break.
Your team needs shellga/protectga? Give her shellga/protectga.
The team needs last stand? Have her use ssb.
The team needs a boostga? Have her use ssb.
The team needs some dps? Have her use BSB with enholy and 2 hit support holy commands.

I try too look for OK BSB partners since her SSB have amazing synergy with it.

edit: Not saying powercreep is bad, but having to trudge through walkover parts of events to get to the actual meat has gotten rather tedious.

Just remembering back to that FFVI event (Locke/Phoenix, I think?) which had 10 classic, 10 elite fights to go through, lol

Just wait until power creep makes its full appearance when Cloud's Ultra comes out.

Syntsui

Nemesis defeated boys!!!

With the excitement forgot to make screenshots or record it. Will try to duplicate my success later and record it.

My team was this.

joM8Gxal.png

Extreme tortoise. Last 5 % was me throwing instaheals and last stands like there was no tomorrow.
What is the role of Aerith in this fight? I have almost of of these tools (Edge P.Blink, Vanille BSB and USB, Alph BSB and Barrier, Tyro BSB). If I put Yshtolla in Aerith's place for the Wall would that be a good team for him? I don't know if he ignores wall though.

What is the role of Aerith in this fight? I have almost of of these tools (Edge P.Blink, Vanille BSB and USB, Alph BSB and Barrier, Tyro BSB). If I put Yshtolla in Aerith's place for the Wall would that be a good team for him? I don't know if he ignores wall though.

Nemesis would get a boost to his stats if you put Ysh in. Aerith has Pulse of Life (I'm guessing) and that grants Re-Raise. Also, her USB is probably a good fail-safe for when your blinks don't time right.

http://i.imgur.com/TBsZMS1l.png

http://i.imgur.com/aqBCV50l.png

http://i.imgur.com/jch0dGUl.png

you mean when the only strategy was vito reta meta? Yeah I'd rather not go back to that

It's why I don't play nearly as much anymore. The only content in the events worth playing are the U+ CM, U++, and Apoc MP. Relm dungeons are almost always a grind as well.

Syntsui

Nemesis would get a boost to his stats if you put Ysh in. Aerith has Pulse of Life (I'm guessing) and that grants Re-Raise. Also, her USB is probably a good fail-safe for when your blinks don't time right.

What would be a viable replacement for her? I could always use her as a RW though, but them I would have to use Arc as a second source of P.Blink.

Tidd

It's why I don't play nearly as much anymore. The only content in the events worth playing are the U+ CM, U++, and Apoc MP. Relm dungeons are almost always a grind as well.

That's why I like this game. You don't really have to grind in it every single day. I can easily play just once during an event to clear everything and then just wait for the next one. In other gacha games you have to grind daily to beat harder stuff.

you mean when the only strategy was vito reta meta? Yeah I'd rather not go back to that
There was Vit0 as well :p Especially potent if you had Irvine though was that before or after bizarre Black 5, White Support 3, Clerity 2 Irvine and Red XIII can't use daggers...real dark age.

That's why I like this game. You don't really have to grind in it every single day. I can easily play just once during an event to clear everything and then just wait for the next one. In other gacha games you have to grind daily to beat harder stuff.
If you've been playing for over a year you can definitely afford to take some breaks. With how the orb cost for abilities increases and not really needing 5* beyond R3 (and even that can be a luxury) mean the daily grind starts mattering less after a certain point.

Dragner

What would be a viable replacement for her? I could always use her as a RW though, but them I would have to use Arc as a second source of P.Blink.

I used her because I have her BSB and her USB so she has a ton of versatility. A curaga burst with aoe and single target curaja and then I have her USB as panic button.

But you can use whatever you feel, if you have a wrthable mage OSB like Terra, Quistis or OK you can pass on alphinaud and use yshtola.

ultra7k

Going to do a Nemesis run, what do you all think of this set up? Got him down to his final weak state last night but had run out of characters and did not have enough DPS to burst him down. All characters lvl 99.

Firion (SSB+OSB)
Alphinaud (Deployment Tactics + BSB)
Tyro (Wall)
Snow (Last Stand BSB)
Aerith (USB and BSB)

RW: Yshtola's Asylum

Firion set up with MBD/PBD and spams OSB whenever it is available.
Alphinaud set up with Curaga + Protectga for off heals and mitigation. Will use Deployment tactics and BSB for DPS.
Tyro will Wall when necessary, Wrath + Entrust to Aerith or Snow.
Snow uses Last Stand where necessary, otherwise set up to do low DPS.
Aerith spams the heals.

Opening round, set up mitigation (Wall, MBD/PBD, Proshellga)
Prior to 1st ultima, Aerith summons RW for Asylum to heal in time for damage after 2nd ultima. Spams heals afterwards.

Proceed to DPS and reapplication of mitigation. Aerith has insta USB handy for emergency heals.

After that I guess it's part skill and part luck.

Any suggestions or oversights I might have made?

I went against better judgement. While having 4 of the ft relics, I really wanted Faris' Coat. Pulled and got a 1/11. At least it's a BSB I don't have (Shantotto).

Now I have only 63 mythril. Unless I get the urge too early, I'm waiting for B5 where I have no relics and really want Eiko's USB.

Dragner

Lol. Apparently my Nemesis kill didnt count because the game crashed after the bar dissapeared but before the animation started.

Well, will have to stop using Tyro USB, that thing crashes my phone almost every fight.

Will have to kill him again...

Finally mastered all my SBs. I didn't count but i had to have had about 50 lying around. Feels good to have that done. Just kept spamming summon orb dungeon with refills

I am doing two pulls tonight. I don't have anything on the list and all 10 could be useful for me (of course, the BSBs are the big, sought after prize though).

I thought the banner went up yesterday, actually. I was in a movie and got out at 9:30 ready to pull, only to be disappointed before the drive home.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Kain BSB is insane. It was on my want list since he's one of my favorite characters but holy crap the damage is ridicules when paired with lightning dive (which we got a free one).

Lightning Dive is an easy 9999x4 since the BSB gives enlightning, the lance is + lightning and I have Agrias Shield which is also +lightning. Plus the BSB C1 give quick jump and C2 give jump ether. The synergy is ridicules.

Its super easy to use too.

(BSB->C1->LD->LD->C2->C1->LD)^Repeat

R2 (4 uses) is pretty much all you need. You're talking about over 250K damage by one character.

Apparently according to reddit when paired with lightning dive its an omega tier BSB. So if anyone is wavering on pulling on Banner one. Keep this relic in mind cause its really good.

Well shit... I got his BSB in a pull!

friz898

In reference to the realm missions... it is a lot...

...but I did enjoy doing them at the time when I was seemingly getting more stuff all the time and have infinite playing time because I kept getting stamina refreshes.

The elites around 110 difficulty gave me a real hard time until I started having level 80's. This was over a year ago I believe.

The very last dungeon update actually had one battle that I had to use brain power on, the Tiamat fight.

These realm missions are tedious to plow through sequentially.

I am going through them as well. I am probably 60% done with the non Elite ones and probably done about 10% of the Elite ones. Still have a shit ton of Mythril to get, but it's boring. Starting to get to a point where I need to pay attention to the bosses now, and not just auto.

ultra7k

Took a flyer on an 11 pull for the Anniversary 2 banners. Wanted Faris USB, Yuna BSB and Quistis BSB.

Figured I'd do something different this time around. Re-arranged my party to have only the characters whose items I wanted in order so that ended up with my 'pull party' being Faris, Yuna and Quistis. Did an 11 pull, and lo-and-behold ended up with Faris USB, Yuna BSB and Minfilia SSB, 2/3 on the wish list isn't bad, and while it is totally coincidence that this happened, I figured it was pretty cool.

Caim

Nemesis defeated boys!!!

My team was this.

joM8Gxal.png

Congrats!

Deadly

These realm missions are tedious to plow through sequentially.
Yeah realm dungeons are booooooring. Just went through a ton of them (150 stam to 179) It's a good opportunity to do it now though since it's half off. You can just get 4 shards, use whatever extra stamina you have then get a refresh. You'll be getting alot of mythril too.

friz898

Went through my excel sheet (and the game) and updated my "3star still useful" list.

For weapons, only Final Fantasy 1, 14, 15, Tactics, and Core would a 3star relic possibly be useful to me. Except for FF1, that's not surprising at all.

For armor though, I could use a bit more.. with FF 1, 2, 8, 12, 14, 15, Tactics, and Core still either needing more relics, or have 3+++ with better stats than an off-realm 5star.

Have 5 Eight- star items. The obvious Gold Sword, Evil Lantern, and Wizard Hat, also Kuja's punisher and Zidane's Butterfly sword.

FF9 is by far my best synergy, with FF7 having a lot too. All luck of the draw or whatever, I haven't pulled on one realm more than another, other than having more events and 100gem pulls on certain realms.

Edit: Also with all the relics we've gotten in the last two weeks, I actually need upgrade materials for the first time in seemingly forever. I'll stock up on the last fest.

friz898

I hate anybody who has more than 100 mythril.

Ya I said it.

Soon as you have <100, then you're a fine upstanding FFRKian to me.

Edit:

I had 147 once.
(so what if it was when they gave me 50 for free)

Top Bottom