• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM subscriptions are up.

honestly....I have to wait and see what it is like. The first issue will be VERY telling IMO. I want to support this (mainly on principle only) but I don't read game mags that much anymore.

celebi23

Looks like we're getting the "Lost Issue" too :D

EGM-I_COVER.jpg

I'm guessing the digital versions will be very similar to that. Going to subscribe tomorrow :D

Metalic Sand said:
Price is looking good.
Domestic:
64(12)print/(52)digital issues for $24.99 -ONLY 40¢ an issue!
32(12??)print/(20??)digital issues for $14.99 - ONLY 47¢ an issue!

Canada:
64 issues for $54.99 U.S.
32 issues for $34.99 U.S

Funny, I though $1US was worth $1.07CAD. I guess I must have missed where $1US jumped to $2.20 CAD. Mind you, they do have to send those electrons a lot further for the digital editions...

This is why I don't subscribe to you EGM. Take notes.

Haunted said:
6 months, 6 print issues

wait what did you change your name?

Indeed I did, my good sir!

Canadian prices are about the same as what I paid (yes, paid) for the old EGM. Unless the new EGM goes back to making thick issues, I don't think i'll be spending $40/year again.

lockload

V_Ben said:
so is there no option for UK subscribers?

well unlike the print magazine where they need to gague how many to print, if they were to offer the digital version on its own there is no need to plan orders ahead of time so there is plenty of time to offer the digital only subscription

V_Ben

Banned
lockload said:
well unlike the print magazine where they need to gague how many to print, if they were to offer the digital version on its own there is no need to plan orders ahead of time so there is plenty of time to offer the digital only subscription

i would totally buy both print and digital. loved the mag, so i'm looking forward to it coming back :)

I'm pretty shocked that so many have put their money down on something that, honestly, no one has really seen or knows about.

Don't get me wrong, I want EGM back, and am a total advocate of the print format. But still...

WEGGLES

Peter.Simpson909 said:
Funny, I though $1US was worth $1.07CAD. I guess I must have missed where $1US jumped to $2.20 CAD. Mind you, they do have to send those electrons a lot further for the digital editions...

This is why I don't subscribe to you EGM. Take notes.
Yeah. I was all for jumpin back in. I need shitter material. But are they fucking joking? More than double the US cost for Canadian?

I could subscribe to OXM an get a demo disk with my magazine every month for $16 less.
Edit: $26 less. EGM should ask OXM how they can get 12 print issues to Canada for only slightly more than the cost of within the usa. Clearly they've stumbled upon some sort of magical method. :lol

lockload

V_Ben said:
i would totally buy both print and digital. loved the mag, so i'm looking forward to it coming back :)

I was talking in context of the uk i doubt they will offedr uk print subscriptions

Man, I dunno. What is even going to be in those weekly download issues? Is it just going to be news? Like, a week late because you waited for it to come out in issue form? Are they just charging for reviews? Need more details.

V_Ben

Banned
lockload said:
I was talking in context of the uk i doubt they will offedr uk print subscriptions

well that sure sucks if they don't. i subscribed to print EGM the last time. but i suppose it is a new start!

lockload

V_Ben said:
well that sure sucks if they don't. i subscribed to print EGM the last time. but i suppose it is a new start!

I guess they could do for the suitable price to cover international shipping..

Id be fine withit as a digital file i would get it quicker

I just signed up. I am hoping for the best with the new EGM, but I am still a little worried that I won't get to read/hear from my favorite personalities from years past like Shane, Garnet, Johnny England, Bryan Intihar, ect.

Alphahawk

Ultima_5 said:
Who's working there? Any of the old writers?

Shoe's and someone else from the old regime are working there. Plus most of the people involved in the webshow Co-op are also writing it.

seady

The magazine is not out yet and they are already tricking people through fine prints and tiny details. I have a feeling the "digital print" will be out once a week, and the "paper print" will be out out once a month that consisted of the same 4 issues of the weekly "digital print".

Biff

Up here in Canada I didn't get Maxim OR any subscription fees back when they got the axe. I know, shocking, I actually paid for EGM.

I feel stupid giving them even more money.

but will the magazine be worth getting? i mean before they left it was so dead and thin. became an AD filled magazine instead.

I think I'll wait for the first issue, especially for this long term of a purchase. Do we even know the editorial team beyond Steve Harris?

KaYotiX

Banned
Lando Jones said:
Hmmz.. I'll wait to see how the "New" EGM is before sending them my money.. Already

seems to be a bit on the shady side as many of you think you're getting 64 mags sent to

your house..

I knew it was 12 mags + 52 weekly and still said yes. Alot of people pay over $80 for EDGE......

Yeah, I don't get it. What's the deal on more than double the price for Canada? Newstand prices aren't like that, why should subscription ones be?

WEGGLES

Snapshot King said:
Yeah, I don't get it. What's the deal on more than double the price for Canada? Newstand prices aren't like that, why should subscription ones be?
'Cause print media is thriving and they can afford to.

Firestorm

Dammit. I thought we were done with $54.99 prices in Canada after seeing GamePro had started offering a $24.99 subscription.

DMPrince said:
but will the magazine be worth getting? i mean before they left it was so dead and thin. became an AD filled magazine instead.

^That's the reason why I ended my subscription, in the first place. I'll gauge the first few mags, before I subscribe.

Firestorm

A few facts about our upcoming relaunch of Electronic Gaming Monthly in print: From the beginning I felt it would be important to focus on high production values that could match the quality of the writing that I knew our editorial team would deliver. It was my goal to do something that would look and feel special every issue. To achieve this I made the decision to print the new EGM on a heavier paper stock to provide greater reproduction quality and to give the magazine a nicer overall look and feel. After seeing some of the mock-ups in this format I can safely say that it was the right way to go. The screenshots and artwork look beautiful. Upgrading from the light-weight paper used by most gaming magazines, however, carries with it a much higher cost. We've been able to keep this price increase to a single dollar more than the last copy of EGM you purchased on the newsstand. Our new cover price will be $6.99. I think readers will agree that this enhancement in quality is worth it.
!

Gazunta

2009-06-15-generic-6.gif

Seriously everyone who whined about EGM dying a year ago is an ass if they don't suscribe now.

Unless they live outside the US. Would love a digital-only price.

Gazunta said:
Seriously everyone who whined about EGM dying a year ago is an ass if they don't suscribe now.

Does not compute. EGM was a great magazine with a great history, but there's no question that quality was tanking. Issues kept getting thinner and their cover stories got less interesting. If this new EGM goes back to how EGM finished off, why should we subscribe? People who want EGM back want the old EGM back... at least I do.

JesseZao

They got a good handful of people back. Shoe, Linn, Co-op crew and seanbaby from looking at the twitter feed. I can't wait!

Jarlaxle

Just subcribed. I know they said around March for the first print issue. When will the online ones start? Same time?

Can't bring myself to do it. I just can't sit and read a print magazine anymore, as sad as that sounds. I can understand people who want to read off of a page and to have the art work right in front of them, but that's not enough for me. Hell, I get Game Informer, but I never even look at it.

Top Bottom