• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Firewatch review-bombed following PewDiePie racism incident

Zhylaw

Neo Member
I gave pewds the benefit of the doubt after the whole death to jews thing, assuming he was just an idiot shock jock living in a bubble. Unfortunately it looks like he really is some sort of white supremacist.

That wasn't meant as a jab at all, I mean that those are probably the best demonstrators of a LP having value beyond just playing the game. If you still don't see the value after watching both the cult of personality style and the informative style I genuinely don't think you're ever going to - the disconnect is too great. Sorry if it came out that way.

No worries, I appreciate the edification regardless.

I love gaming documentaries and anything that takes a more cerebral approach to the medium so I genuinely appreciated your suggestions.

Thanks for being the one poster with a reasonable response.

It's almost as if people thought that shitty, drive-by, one-line "both sides" posts don't deserve the time of the day. Kind of amazing that you'd be so utterly cynical as to demand well-reasoned arguments when you provided zero arguments at all.

If my post was such a prime example of a "both sides" argument, why are you resorting to a personal ad-hom attack instead of effortlessly shutting it down with reasoned anti-centrist rhetoric?

For the exact same reason that one doesn't use a cannon to kill a mosquito.

A public denouncement would have accomplished the same goal without the fallout.

Keep telling yourself that.

Top Bottom