• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 0811-1317 - Annabelle conjures up #1, Dark Tower Falls

I wonder what qualifies as "Highest paid female director". Presumably a dollar more than whatever Kathryn Bigelow makes.

That's what I was thinking. Like, who is she beating. And it's not like I think Bigelow got a pretty penny for making Detroit.

Edit: More than anything else, I'm just hoping she gets to do whatever personal project she wants to do after Wonder Woman 2. Which is the same thing I'm hoping with Coogler and Panther (though it looks like he already has his next project lined up, and it looks interesting as well).

That's what I was thinking. Like, who is she beating. And it's not like I think Bigelow got a pretty penny for making Detroit.

Edit: More than anything else, I'm just hoping she gets to do whatever personal project she wants to do after Wonder Woman 2. Which is the same thing I'm hoping with Coogler and Panther (though it looks like he already has his next project lined up, and it looks interesting as well).

I need Coogler to get back to Creed ASAP before Stallone's sloppy ass starts smearing his glory-days nostalgia slime all over the beautiful thing Ryan & Michael made together.

Also, Hitman's Bodyguard showing did fill up by the end, but it was in what seemed like the smallest theater they had. Was funny enough that I didn't mind paying $4 for it, but not so funny that I would have paid full price.

It's always been funny to me that a Best Picture winner spawned a 7+ film franchise that eventually had Mr. T, Hulk Hogan, super soldier Russian boxers, and robots singing Happy Birthday.

New poster?
bywplhwsnrdfryp2qy1x1eu5q.jpg

berzeli

Banned
This is starting to get more than a little bullshit
More like KKKingsman, amitrite?

But seriously, it's not a great look. You really couldn't fit either Halle Berry or Pedro Pascal in there?

sidenote: Björn Granath & Lena Endre as king and queen of Sweden? You did good casting person, you did good.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Pedro Pascal was one of the best things about the trailer...

kswiston

Deadline is saying around $7.5M for Hitman's Bodyguard and $2.75M for Logan Lucky today.

Annabelle 2 is expected to be bumped into second place.

Miles X

I'm guessing China doesn't allow horror movies? No IT release date and Annabelle/Conjuring never got released there, shame :(

Lima

Logan Lucky was pretty good. The game of thrones bit had me dying 😆

Of course it was fucking pouring though. So much rain. Im soaking wet right now. Worth it to see the movie a month early though.

kswiston

Even if the trailer wasn't good, who wants to go watch a movie about a race riot in Detroit in the wake of neo nazi protests in Charlottesville?

Ya. That film was a victim of timing. I'm not even sure what the right timing would have been for a Detroit 67 riots film. The past 5 years have been pretty depressing between Trump and the police blocking any attempt at reforms in the wake of the never ending parade of unjustified shootings.

Sulik2

Ya. That film was a victim of timing. I'm not even sure what the right timing would have been for a Detroit 67 riots film. The past 5 years have been pretty depressing between Trump and the police blocking any attempt at reforms in the wake of the never ending parade of unjustified shootings.

As someone who grew up in the metro Detroit area I'm glad the movie was made. It's an important piece of American history that is mostly forgotten. It won't be a financial success but hopefully can teach some people history that might help avoid more of those types of news reports.

kswiston

As someone who grew up in the metro Detroit area I'm glad the movie was made. It's an important piece of American history that is mostly forgotten. It won't be a financial success but hopefully can teach some people history that might help avoid more of those types of news reports.

I grew up right across the border. My parents saw the riot fires, but they were kids looking across from Canada at the time. I don't know how impactful it was for them.

If Logan Lucky is good, I'll spend a lot of posts yelling at people for not watching it. I'm pretty excited for it.

The trailers for it have been awful. I've actually seen the trailer for Logan lucky more than possibly any other movie this year, even for movies where you wouldn't expect it. If anything I feel like that might have heard it's box office, it never seems to get a positive reception.

It's a shame because it sounds like it'll actually be a decent movie.

Xevren

I really enjoyed Logan Lucky, was able to screen it early on in the week. If you liked the Ocean's movies at all its more of the same but with rednecks pretty much. Had some really funny moments in there.

Logan Lucky is legit. Phenomenal cast. Amazing use of the setting and a pretty decent caper movie to boot. Damn shame it's going to make five bucks per theater this weekend.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The trailers for it have been awful. I've actually seen the trailer for Logan lucky more than possibly any other movie this year, even for movies where you wouldn't expect it. If anything I feel like that might have hurt it's box office, it never seems to get a positive reception.

It's a shame because it sounds like it'll actually be a decent movie.

Its been the same way with me. Not only did the trailers not sell me on the movie, I found them completely off-putting. I don't even know why. I'm still going to see it, I'm just not in a rush to do it this weekend.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Logan Lucky is legit. Phenomenal cast. Amazing use of the setting and a pretty decent caper movie to boot. Damn shame it's going to make five bucks per theater this weekend.

The Hitman's Bodyguard didn't pop out at me aside from the trailer using that Whitney Houston song.

Top Bottom