• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 4/14/2017: PUDDIN’ POPS

hank_tree

Correct me if I misremember it, it was Shane right that went batshit insane over Persona 3 on the 1up Show?

Haven't finished the podcast, not sure if it touch this

Insane in what way? I remember him on 1up yours praising the game and telling people who were holding out for the Fes version to by P3 cos there was no guarantee that Fes would make it over here.

Shane is legit the reason I still play games lol. Would not have kept up or found a deeper interest in the industry if it weren't for him and the 1up crew many years ago. They even lead me to the GAF back then. Great to hear from him, and hope to hear more often. It would be awesome if GB tries to schedule him and Luke Smith together on an E3 cast like they did many years ago

A+ cast this week. Listened while cycling home and the Persona song at the end really gave me an extra boost. Only thing I think they missed with the whole swapping from PS4 to Scorpio discussion was friends lists. If you've got a dozen good friends on PSN right now you're not going to make the hop to Xbox all at once. Super hyped to try Everything this friday on my PC.

edit. RE: "thanks..." I don't think Shane meant anything by saying he was playing Nier for other reasons. It's not like he said he was playing it in spite of 8-4's localisation. He was just being up front to the listeners I think.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
What was the song that played during the break?

ggx2ac

What was the song that played during the break?

I don't​ have access right now but iirc it was the boss music for Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap of the Sega Master System version since the remake just came out now.

"This is how you play with the toy" Oh, Japan...

A+ cast this week. Listened while cycling home and the Persona song at the end really gave me an extra boost. Only thing I think they missed with the whole swapping from PS4 to Scorpio discussion was friends lists. If you've got a dozen good friends on PSN right now you're not going to make the hop to Xbox all at once. Super hyped to try Everything this friday on my PC.

edit. RE: "thanks..." I don't think Shane meant anything by saying he was playing Nier for other reasons. It's not like he said he was playing it in spite of 8-4's localisation. He was just being up front to the listeners I think.

P5's soundtrack gives me life in general.

Salvadora

I'm not a regular listener but that was an excellent episode. Mark and John are much better when they aren't rushing through a podcast. Maybe 8-4 Play should trash the news section and replace it with fast food talk replace it with more older games talk
The podcast enters "gotta go fast" mode during the new's section on the regular.

We should be thankful in general that they do a podcast due to job/life commitments.

mclem

Having *finally* finished the episode in half-hour installments on my commute, one thing I've been reminded of: I've never been quite clear why the word 'fortnight' has never really transferred to the US. It's a good word!

(Although tuhweek's quite nice, too)

shira

if Sarah's bf is named Roy
laugh.gif

kbohs

Mark regarding Sonic Mania: "Returning levels? How lazy can you get?"
I agree this comment was short sighted. I get the Sonic franchise is uneven in terms of quality so it makes for easy pickings but I felt Mark was under informed yet still casting judgement which is sad to see. To be fair I also think it was partially made in jest and not meant to be taken serious, I imagine Mark understands quite well the difficulties of game development. Also it was nice to hear a few of the other cast members voice some support before the show moved on.

Dylan

Having *finally* finished the episode in half-hour installments on my commute, one thing I've been reminded of: I've never been quite clear why the word 'fortnight' has never really transferred to the US. It's a good word!

(Although tuhweek's quite nice, too)

At this point using "fortnight" in North America is approaching "m'lady" levels of fedorism.

But I agree it's a choice word, but I shan't* ever use it.

* "shan't" also a banned word

shira

idk if 8-4 read this, but I'd really like to see an office tour or at least John's desk aka Amiibo Hill

That's not really a question - more of a request

@MUWANdo

Banned
I get the Sonic franchise is uneven in terms of quality so it makes for easy pickings but I felt Mark was under informed yet still casting judgement which is sad to see.

If you don't enjoy listening to Mark taking uninformed jabs at easy targets then you're listening to the wrong podcast.

kbohs

If you don't enjoy listening to Mark taking uninformed jabs at easy targets then you're listening to the wrong podcast.

Oh don't get me wrong I've been listening to 8-4 for about 4-5 years now, I love the show. I was just trying to put myself in the place of the comment I was replying to. I even say I think it was more of a joke than a serious comment, like I imagine most of the quick jabs Mark does are.

To add something worthwhile to this post I will say shorten the fast food talk and increase the weird Japanese news talk (the bit about offering a funeral discount for turning in driving licenses was standout). And a video version of Let's Listen!

Top Bottom