• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Does anyone else have trouble following the action in the last few chapters? Some of the fights are incoherent on first read.

NSESN

Does anyone else have trouble following the action in the last few chapters? Some of the fights are incoherent on first read.

The art is worse so it is harder to tell what is happenning.

Just compare it to Mirio chapters where it was better and it was much easier to follow.

Love the last chapter. Wasn't sure where we were going, now I see.

I'd say I definitely agree that it's messier than usual for MHA, but I don't think it's too bad.

Should qualify this with: I've read a lot of manga and have seen some shit

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
To be fair, outside of the Midio fight, there hasn't been a lot of interesting action lately. Overhaul doesn't really do anything interesting.

Meffer

To be fair, outside of the Midio fight, there hasn't been a lot of interesting action lately. Overhaul doesn't really do anything interesting.

That and his spire attacks are very busy and I bet took a lot of time to work on. This goes for the room manipulation guy too. Interesting quirk but made the flow hard to follow.
I feel Hiroshiki wanted to be more ambitious with the quirks in this arc but whether that load of work involved got him sick or being sick hindered him in this arc is hard to say. Only an interview would shed light on that if he wanted to answer that. Regardless I feel for the guy. Dude has lot on his plate and he's such a hard worker.

NSESN

That and his spire attacks are very busy and I bet took a lot of time to work on. This goes for the room manipulation guy too. Interesting quirk but made the flow hard to follow.
I feel Hiroshiki wanted to be more ambitious with the quirks in this arc but whether that load of work involved got him sick or being sick hindered him in this arc is hard to say. Only an interview would shed light on that if he wanted to answer that. Regardless I feel for the guy. Dude has lot on his plate and he's such a hard worker.
I agree. When he gets the art right it looks really cool like when OH first destroyed the floor or that last page with Mimic distorting everything. Outside of it it really looked unfinished.

MrCinos

Some clarification on translation:

unknown.png

Good point with "brainwashing" quirk, quirk powers aren't always literally the same as its name implies. No matter how OP your quirk sounds it's bound to have some limitations on practical level.

Hopefully in a chapter or two we'd get more clarification on her limitations from the manga because I'm tired of seeing people saying (not here) how far Horikoshi went with Eri's quirk almost to the point that MHA is basically ruined.

Chase17

Vigilantes 12
The hero system started in Rhode Island?

Rhode Island of all places lol

Well this chapter wasn't particularly fun, and was almost entirely exposition on things that I don't think will really matter.

We got our mandatory link to main series through the reveal that she is the detectives sister though.

caliph95

Vigilantes 12
The hero system started in Rhode Island?

Rhode Island of all places lol

Well this chapter wasn't particularly fun, and was almost entirely exposition on things that I don't think will really matter.

We got our mandatory link to main series through the reveal that she is the detectives sister though.
Just read the vigilante

Googled but you know how only 7 people were recognized as heroes in Rhode Island

I'm not sure if it's intentional but Justice League apparently started in Rhode Island and had 7 original members

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The Viz translation is out. Still says "Quirk that rewinds"

I hope there's a good explanation in the next chapter.

NSESN

The Viz translation is out. Still says "Quirk that rewinds"

I hope there's a good explanation in the next chapter.

It is a so strange name to use. I hope it is another case of quirk having a name that badly explains the name, because even if it is really time based it still doesn't make sense in my mind that it can destroy quirks.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
It is a so strange name to use. I hope it is another case of quirk having a name that badly explains the name, because even if it is really time based it still doesn't make sense in my mind that it can destroy quirks.

Maybe it rewinds to before a quirk manifested? Maybe she turned her dad into a sperm.

DNAbro

I assume it somehow targets quirk factor to a time where it doesn't exist. We will probably get a better explanation next chapter. Hopefully.

Doesnt feel like the chapter truly addressed exactly what it does as well as the fact that she suddenly awakened.

Im just excited League of Villain's characters did something of not and are helping to bring the Plus Chaos. Awesome plan and awesome Midoriya Copy.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Yeah just read the official translation to come here and talk about the fact that the official translation also says "Rewinds" lol.

kirblar

I think that's just it. They think it destroys them, but it's actually something more similar to Knuckle's ability in HxH - it's resetting someone's Quirk development to a point before it emerged.

This is why she can kill people with a touch- she's turning them back into a embryo.

FlowersisBritish

I think that's just it. They think it destroys them, but it's actually something more similar to Knuckle's ability in HxH - it's resetting someone's Quirk development to a point before it emerged.

This is why she can kill people with a touch- she's turning them back into a embryo.

Neato, that is actually the first theory i've read that makes sense. I guess that means Mirio's quirk can/and probably will return (he's revealed himself to be the Rock Lee of this universe) and he's going to have to use hard work and start from the bottom to master his quirk and prove he's the freaking best!

That actually makes a ton of sense- they think it's permanent because Quirks don't appear until you're, what, 6 years old? Doubt they've been testing that long. Means Mirio will be quirkless for the foreseeable future, and when it does come back he's gonna have to put in a ton of work to git gud.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It's much more likely that her power actually consciously awakening under her control for the first time would give her the power to bring things back to the present....

Quirks take until age 4 to develop, that's basically the time limit for a Quirk to manifest. The first recorded Quirk was a baby glowing at birth, after all, and Present Mic apparently made everyone in the maternity ward's ears bleed when he was born because he cried.

(I also still think that it would be weird if it was something that just regularly redevelops; Fat Gum said when they took Suneater to the hospital after he got hit by a temporary bullet, that his quirk factor was damaged, and then the very next morning it was back to its present state. You'd think they'd say "his quirk factor was in a less developed state" or something, or that his Quirk wouldn't just immediately bounce back to its present state if it had been temporarily rewound to the point where he couldn't even use it - which is why I'm assuming that the temporary bullets just couldn't get it all, the parts it DID get were completely rewound, which to an examination would have looked like parts of it were completely missing or "damaged." And again, maybe Chisaki just overlooked it because a human having their Quirk rewound is unprecedented so there's no way to study it, but he seemed sure the finished bullets were permanent, and he's the guy who actually experimented with Eri's blood to make the things)

NSESN

Quirks take until age 4 to develop, that's basically the time limit for a Quirk to manifest. The first recorded Quirk was a baby glowing at birth, after all, and Present Mic apparently made everyone in the maternity ward's ears bleed when he was born because he cried.

(I also still think that it would be weird if it was something that just regularly redevelops; Fat Gum said when they took Suneater to the hospital after he got hit by a temporary bullet, that his quirk factor was damaged, and then the very next morning it was back to its present state. You'd think they'd say "his quirk factor was in a less developed state" or something, or that his Quirk wouldn't just immediately bounce back to its present state if it had been temporarily rewound to the point where he couldn't even use it - which is why I'm assuming that the temporary bullets just couldn't get it all, the parts it DID get were completely rewound, which to an examination would have looked like parts of it were completely missing or "damaged." And again, maybe Chisaki just overlooked it because a human having their Quirk rewound is unprecedented so there's no way to study it, but he seemed sure the finished bullets were permanent, and he's the guy who actually experimented with Eri's blood to make the things)

So it is constantly rewinding the quirk factor every time it tries to heal?

Ascheroth

So it is constantly rewinding the quirk factor every time it tries to heal?
I interpreted it as the temporary bullets rewinding parts of the quirk-factor permanently out of existence. However the rest of the quirk-factor could regenerate those missing parts after a while (like cells). Note: the 'rewound' parts never came back, but got replaced with shiny new cells (or whatever a quirk factor is made of).
But if the permanent bullets erase the entire quirk-factor, there is nothing left that could regenerate it.

NSESN

I interpreted it as the temporary bullets rewinding parts of the quirk-factor permanently out of existence. However the rest of the quirk-factor could regenerate those missing parts after a while (like cells). Note: the 'rewound' parts never came back, but got replaced with shiny new cells (or whatever a quirk factor is made of).
But if the permanent bullets erase the entire quirk-factor, there is nothing left that could regenerate it.

See that is my problem with "rewind", it sounds time based. "Undo" would be better.

Meffer

I wonder if she could “rewind” the bullet that hit Mirio so he could actually get his quirk back.
Regardless her quirk is hard to wrap your head around. It feels like one of those ideas that make more sense in your head, you know?

NSESN

I wonder if she could “rewind” the bullet that hit Mirio so he could actually get his quirk back.
Regardless her quirk is hard to wrap your head around. It feels like one of those ideas that make more sense in your head, you know?
If she could why she didn't rewind her father?

DNAbro

If she could why she didn't rewind her father?

Children have shit control of their Quirks and you shouldn't be able to rewind a rewind. That doesn't really make sense and it's the main reason I don't think Mirio is getting his Quirk back.

FlowersisBritish

Children have shit control of their Quirks and you shouldn't be able to rewind a rewind. That doesn't really make sense and it's the main reason I don't think Mirio is getting his Quirk back.

Maybe (assuming she doesn't get kidnapped) she'll join up with Nighteye and make a promise to Mirio that she'll train to master her quirk to the point she can undoe what the bullet did to him!!!

Really hoping she gets kidnapped though. I think Toga raising her would be adordbs

Maybe (assuming she doesn't get kidnapped) she'll join up with Nighteye and make a promise to Mirio that she'll train to master her quirk to the point she can undoe what the bullet did to him!!!

Really hoping she gets kidnapped though. I think Toga raising her would be adordbs

She's totally getting snatched by Compress.

I wonder about Eraserhead, though. Maybe Chrono is the true mastermind.

Top Bottom