• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow S-E, you actually have really surprised me with this and the KH HD treatments.

Both look to be the best HD collections (image quality wise) put out thus far.

They look incredible!

Spiegel

Her hate for FFXIII is blinding Kagari.
The game doesn't come close to any of the FFXIII games. As it shouldn't, considering it's based on PS2 games.

It still looks pretty impressive in the comparison pic.

Shinta

Banned
Looks better than XIII-2 in some respects:

Also, you need to go back and look at XIII again... it had some really ugly moments:

finalfantasyxiii_27.jpg

I just don't see how you call that XIII screenshot ugly, but hype up the one with Wakka instead. I really don't think there's any comparison to be made between XIII and X HD. XIII is unbelievably stunning. There are times when you barely notice it switched between gameplay and CG cutscenes.

XIII-2 has more uneven quality, but that was always known. Some areas look a little rough. Some areas are on par with the original XIII, like Academia. XIII-2 at it's peak is also far more advanced than X HD in my opinion.

There's also spell effects, animation, all kinds of stuff that will make X look more dated in motion. Not trying to trash X in any way though, it's right up at the top of my favorite FF list.

Elios83

I'm positevely surprised that not only they got rid of the low poly models and redesigned them in higher detail, but also the environment textures have been upgraded as well.
I'm definetly looking forward to replay X on Vita.
If this sells well FFXII could get the same treatment...OMG!!!! :O

Aurizen

think we'll get a leak this weekend at PAX? I did say we would be getting loads of info in the coming days after that jump release :)

Seda

What was the framerate like back on ps2? Don't remember. I do recall combat being not particularly zippy.

I have no clue what you are talking about. The thing I love about FFX's battle system is that it is zippy, or at least it can be. You can take as much time as you want for your turns to strategize if you need to. Summon animations and summon attack animations are the slowest parts, and even those are much better than summons in pretty much any other FF game.

I have no clue what you are talking about. The thing love about FFX's battle system is that it is zippy, or at least it can be. You can take as much time as you want for you turns to strategize if you need to. Summon animations and summon attack animations are the slowest parts, and even those are much better than summons in pretty much any other FF game.

And there was an option to turn on "quick summons", which made the summon pretty much instantly appear.

jiggle

ok doesn't look as great on the big screen
but still really nice
very happy with the effort and the price
a good surprise from Square for once

Seda

International content for both titles is already confirmed for Europe. Lets say SE are morons and it's not for NA. You can always import anyway.

I highly doubt that will be the case though.

Vashetti

Banned
This is going to be a revelation for me when I play it.

Only ever played the 50hz PAL versions.

At least I've experienced FFX International. :p

Only ever beat Dark Valefor though.

ok doesn't look as great on the big screen
but still really nice
very happy with the effort and the price
a good surprise from Square for once

The screenshots are badly compressed. If you turn up your screen brightness you will see the compression artefacts.

Final game should look even better than these screens.

KH 1.5 reportedly looks better than the trailers/screenshots.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
International content for both titles is already confirmed for Europe. Lets say SE are morons and it's not for NA. You can always import anyway.

I highly doubt that will be the case though.

From the US Blog:

+ Justin Massongill on March 22nd, 2013 at 10:05 am said:
I reached out to Square Enix, who confirmed that yes, this will be the International version of FFX and FFX-2.

Looks really nice. If the Vita version is native res I might be tempted into getting it instead, but at least we know the PS3 one should be fantastic.

Also very excited for the international stuff.

Seda

The screenshots are badly compressed. If you turn up your screen brightness you will see the compression artefacts.

Final game should look even better than these screens.

KH 1.5 reportedly looks better than the trailers/screenshots.

At first I thought it was my imgur rehosts doing some compression but the original images from the site looked the same. Yuna crying shot in particular.

kunonabi

I just don't see how you call that XIII screenshot ugly, but hype up the one with Wakka instead. I really don't think there's any comparison to be made between XIII and X HD. XIII is unbelievably stunning. There are times when you barely notice it switched between gameplay and CG cutscenes.

XIII-2 has more uneven quality, but that was always known. Some areas look a little rough. Some areas are on par with the original XIII, like Academia. XIII-2 at it's peak is also far more advanced than X HD in my opinion.

There's also spell effects, animation, all kinds of stuff that will make X look more dated in motion. Not trying to trash X in any way though, it's right up at the top of my favorite FF list.

FFXIII looked good but it was easy to tell cg from real time.

Zoe

How much was KH1.5 in Japan? I wanna play in Japanese this time around, but seeing that $40 price tag hurts :(

Kouriozan

It'll be the fourth time I buy FF X >.<
Two PS2 died and sold the game then re-bought it with a new PS2 several month after.

jett

D-Member
You know what? I'm actually impressed. They've updated all the models and redone most of the textures, definitely more than a simple "PS2 Classic", no wonder it took so long. I do wonder however if FFX-2 got the same treatment.

Meier

In Japan maybe. No way this and Kingdom Hearts HD will come out in the same year. Kingdom Hearts is this fall for NA. This will be early 2014 for NA.
Releasing a high profile exclusive for the PS3 well after the release of the PS4 seems silly given the lack of BC. I'd be surprised if they don't try and get it out before the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom