• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Flash Sale incoming (US)

Anyone played Slain: Back from Hell? How is it on PS4? It´s only 4.5 bucks.

Wasteland 2 for 15 bucks is tempting too... and also the other games from the digital sale already on basket! Damn sony!!!

I really liked Slain. It's mechanically sound which is big for me for 2d action games. Feels pretty good. There's some questionable and cheap level designs and some frustrating check point placements, I haven't beat it yet but I think it's an interesting enough game, and the pixel work is excellent, especially for $5.

Rather so-so sale, but I might snag Day of the Tentacle for $3. Haven't played that since it came out on PC in the 90's.

The Order on sale again for the millionth time and I still ain't buying it. :p

Shock32

I've always wanted to give wasteland 2 a shot but remember it was riddled with bugs and crashes. Does anyone have any impressions of the PS4 version in today's state?

Mass Effect: Andromada is now down to 29.99 I think I might just wait for E.A. To pay me to play it... yet poor lonely Odin Sphere still isn't on sale. So beautiful.. so pricey. Hopefully it will hit a sale before 13 Sentinels comes out,

Is Saturday Morning RPG any good?

I enjoyed it.

It's not that long. It is a single character instead of a party and there are a couple of mechanics in there to make it different from other RPG's. If you have a love of 80's nostalgia, it hits a lot of those notes too.

One drawback (for me): When I played it, the battle options felt a little unbalanced. Once you get access to a large number of options, you get a feel that a certain set of attacks are better so you lock into them for the later parts of the game and, as a result, the battles can feel somewhat redundant in places.

I have started thinking about going back to it a couple of weeks ago despite beating the main story over a year ago. There are some replayable options outside the main game and you can re-do individual episodes to explore alternative choices (or pick up on missed items).

dumbnumb

Neo Member
Getting the Arkham games for my nephew. He recently got into Batman. Two Face is his favourite character... why is it always the villian.

Honome

I really liked Slain. It's mechanically sound which is big for me for 2d action games. Feels pretty good. There's some questionable and cheap level designs and some frustrating check point placements, I haven't beat it yet but I think it's an interesting enough game, and the pixel work is excellent, especially for $5.

Thanks for the information, mate. I saw pictures on PSN page and the pixel art seems great, i think i´m gonna buy it.

If you game on the PC, I can give you a Steam copy if you'd like.

Thanks a lot for the offer, friend, however my PC have more than 10 years old and i doubt it can play even a 2d game properly.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I've heard so much about the jack box games. Will they be OK for a PS4 with only one controller and no PS+ ? Does it require online connectivity ?

AmuroChan

I enjoyed it.

It's not that long. It is a single character instead of a party and there are a couple of mechanics in there to make it different from other RPG's. If you have a love of 80's nostalgia, it hits a lot of those notes too.

One drawback (for me): When I played it, the battle options felt a little unbalanced. Once you get access to a large number of options, you get a feel that a certain set of attacks are better so you lock into them for the later parts of the game and, as a result, the battles can feel somewhat redundant in places.

I have started thinking about going back to it a couple of weeks ago despite beating the main story over a year ago. There are some replayable options outside the main game and you can re-do individual episodes to explore alternative choices (or pick up on missed items).

Thanks, I think I'll check it out. Been itching for a retro-style RPG recently.

Bought up all the remaining zen pinball tables I didnt have. And the arkham collection to replace my disc copy. Might grab the remaining lego games I dont have cause there so cheap.

Justified

I don't see any ps+ discount just the regular one. Is that normal?

Its not fully up yet. that why you get 0 results when you filter it and the PS+ discounts arent applied. So if anyone is looking to buy something should wait

They probably release it early to take compete with the Best Buy sale

I've heard so much about the jack box games. Will they be OK for a PS4 with only one controller and no PS+ ? Does it require online connectivity ?

Totally. You really play these games with your smart devices, not your controller. My favorites are You Don't Know Jack, Drawful, Fibbage, and Quiplash. You should look up videos of them on YT to see if they're something you'd like.

Is Alienation on sale? Will it ever go on sale? Why do they continue to rub salt in the wound of non-EU plus members who never got it for free and can't even buy it on sale?

Any opinions on Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter? I really enjoyed Crimes and Punishments

I just started playing it after picking it up on Xbox One (it's on sale this week for $18.15 with XBL Gold, if that's of any interest to you) and while I haven't played much it is very similar to Crimes and Punishments so far. I also liked C&P a lot so this new entry has been great for me since it feels mostly like more of the same. There are a few little tweaks/additions to some of the gameplay in an attempt to add some more action and Holmes/Watson's characters have been slightly reimagined but neither of those changes have affected my enjoyment.

BigEmil

Lego Harry Potter Collection remasters is pretty good especially at only $7.49

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 hardly goes on sale but is now so cop that it's one of the best Musou games this gen only $14.99 and the Season Pass is on sale too! Shame this one was such a bad port on PC the PC got like the Vita/PS3 version or some shit

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
It's exactly what you expect. Lego doing the MCU films. Didn't find it very engaging or witty actually.

I can't stand the Lego games that just use audio from the movies. Regular Lego Marvel is great, but I have avoided Avengers.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Totally. You really play these games with your smart devices, not your controller. My favorites are You Don't Know Jack, Drawful, Fibbage, and Quiplash. You should look up videos of them on YT to see if they're something you'd like.

Thanks. I'm reading up on Fibbage on the side and seems like the way it works is you have to go to the jackbox.tv page on your smart devices and use the 4 digit code. That can be easily arranged.

I'm gonna pick up the Jack Box 1 for now and see if it works well as a family party game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They require online connectivity for sure (that's how you and the smartphone controllers connect to the games) but not PS+ IIRC.

fernoca

Hmm..thinking about JoJo. Got a $10 credit from Rewards, so that'll make it $13 to add another fighter to the rotation.

Been a big fan of the visual style and mannerisms for years. XD

EDIT:
Oh, is not a fighter....hmmm...

Top Bottom