• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Flash Sale incoming (US)

Have they fixed the fucking controls in ClusterTruck yet or should I just abandon hope of them EVER following through with their promise to add inverted camera aiming

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If you're planning on buying Jackbox Party Pack 1 and 2, don't buy them separately. This sale has a bundle for both for $17.99 (as opposed to $19.98 if bought separately)

I looked up descriptions of the games and for now Pack 1 seems like it should be good enough for me.

Tempted on the Arkham Asylum/City pack.

Was I remembering correctly or were the ports kind of bad?

They're decent, dynamically scaling 1080p/30fps and the devs converted it from UE3 to UE4 so it has different lighting, some character models look different etc.

If you're a PS4 Pro owner then its a bit of a disappointment as there's no Pro upgrades, it runs at the exact same 1080p/30 as base.

Keym

They fucked with the art direction. Also gave Bats some fish lips.

wodc.png

Elandyll

Banned
Just got Lego Marvel Heroes and The Hobbit.

I guess I 'm probably close to every single Lego game on PS4, but the kids love em.

Looking at (finally) getting round to buying the Double Fine games, but:

1) How do they (Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, Broken Age) play on Vita, as I'd prefer to have these on the go?

2) What's the difficulty like? Kinda put off by the thought of them being old-school (yes, I know 2 of them are remasters of old games) adventure game difficulty in terms of pixel hunting, obscure puzzles etc. Anything like Thimbleweed Park's easy mode?

- Jackbox Party Games 1
- Day of the Tentacle Remastered
- Back to the Future 30th Anniversary

that's it for me for this sale.

I do have my PS4 online, I just don't have PS+ so as long as that's OK, I'm good.

I know that the game gives you a 4 digit code that you need to enter via the jackbox.tv website on your phone/tablet/laptops etc .. that won't be a problem.

Looking forward to it.

Is there any difference between the anniversary edition and the one that is not?

Shin

Banned
Buying these:

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration
Transformers: Devastation
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Bastion
Trine Bundle
Outlast: Bundle of Terror
Grim Fandango Remastered (I remembered it as a funny game back in the day)
Slain Back from Hell
J-STARS Victory VS+ (cuz Himura Kenshin is worth $12)
Strider (cheap so whatever, ninja action time)

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Damn I wish mvc3 had PS3 stick support. Only thing keeping me from getting PS4 fighting game ports (I would like to retire my PS3 already...)

Theres a bit of a trade off. The texture work is improved...but its different than before. Some of the character models have been slightly altered. Also I think the technical limitations of the previous gen game those games a murkiness that seems to have been cleaned up with the increase in resolution.

Its totally worth it IMO at $16

Is Lego Avengers as good as Lego Marvel was?

I'm currently playing it. The story levels and cast of unlockable characters isn't as great as Marvel Super Heroes imo. Really miss the X-Men stuff.

I was also kinda disappointed that they reused the exact same Manhattan and Shield helicarrier hubs, but they did add a bunch of new smaller MCU hub worlds like Washington DC and the desert Shield base from the first Avengers film.

If you enjoyed Lego Marvel Super Heroes I'd say it's worth checking out.

I loved the first game but was really lukewarm on the second. It's more of the same but with an even worse story, also trading up a hostile Japanese island for soviet WW2 bunker ruins. Occasionally throws slightly more interesting ruins at you, but never close to what the classic games delivered. The characters and situations are comically dumb throughout. I don't expect you will like it at all.

The gameplay and setpieces kept me going, as well as my general investment in the character but yeah, I can't tell you what the story was about and I played it maybe 4 months ago. Pretty forgettable plot...

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Just a heads-up about that JoJo game.

It's JoJo: Eyes of Heaven. It's a 2v2 team-based arena fighter.

Gameplay is kind of simple, but interesting. Despite the huge roster, the characters are very varied, with many different ways of interacting with the different stages. I had fun with the demos figuring out the different characters' play-styles.

HOWEVER: despite this being a 2v2 team-based game, there is absolutely, positively no real way of playing multiplayer. No local multi-player, not even split-screen co-op for story mode. It has online, but online netcode is so bad it borders on false advertising. Look up a video of online, it looks like Stunt Race FX with the choppiness. 4 player online is straight-up impossible.

So they made a 4 player game where only one person can play at a time...

It DOES have a story mode, if you're into that kind of thing. It runs about 8-12 hours if you watch everything and do all the extra stuff. No crappy campaign mode from ASB, you unlock costumes and that with in-game currency or by completing side missions during story battles. The story itself is kind nothing too great, and unless you've seen all prior JoJo stuff, you'll be kind of an outsider looking in. No arcade mode, despite both demos having one? Strange. Also, there's no chapter select in story mode, so forget about watching everything again without starting a new in-game save.

Graphics are all-round worse than ASB, even on PS4. Characters look good from far away, but when it zooms in on them you can tell the engine took some hits. The biggest flaw being no actual lip-syncing when they talk, which can be very distracting.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Ah man, so what's wrong with PS4 Pychonauts?

It's fine. Finished it a few months ago myself without issue. It's literally just the PS2 game emulated, which arguably is the worst version, but outside of the framerate hovering 30 or just below, it's fine.

big fake

So Shovel Knight, Steins;Gate, nor Axiom Verge have been going on sale for ages. Man I'm depressed. Really wanted to play those on my Vita.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
It's fine. Finished it a few months ago myself without issue. It's literally just the PS2 game emulated, which arguably is the worst version, but outside of the framerate hovering 30 or just below, it's fine.
ok thanks, I was fearing the worst. But since you say it's not too bad, I might just give it a shot.

Top Bottom