• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Flash Sale incoming (US)

Just_one

Only lego game i was interested was star wars the force awakens and its the only one missing from sale.

Damn it(or thank you lol ) Sony!

They fucked with the art direction. Also gave Bats some fish lips.

wodc.png

Jesus Christ what the fuck happened? We followed every step; did we miss something? Oh hey hey hey!!! Here’s your keys, here’s your keys! There you go, there you go. Almost didn’t recognize you, you look so young.

MageBoySA

I've never played the LEGO games, how are the Harry Potter ones?

I've been playing these using Share play with my sister who lives in NC. We really enjoy them. They are the older Lego games remastered,so they Lego figures don't talk. I personally find this more charming, but others prefer when they used the lines from the movies. It also has 2 platinum trophies since it's actually 2 PS3 games in 1.

Camwi

They fucked with the art direction. Also gave Bats some fish lips.

wodc.png

Call me crazy, but the PS4 version looks much better to me.

Currently playing through Arkham City on the PS4, and it looks fantastic. Definitely worth it for those who haven't played through those games yet.

Is 3 as good as 1? I heard two was crap, so not really considering it.

3 was actually cheaper a few weeks back (I wanna say $7.99 Canadian), so I bought it. I pretty much only play with my gf and there are only two games in the collection that you can really play two player. One of those is kind of fun, but it's a trivia game where there are no real right answers, so it's just guessing (Guesspionage), and the other game that can be played two players isn't as interesting.

I think every Jackbox Party pack should come with a new version of YDKJ...then I'd be more inclined to probably pay full price for all of them.

autoduelist

Hand of Fate is awesome, well worth that price.

And The Order is definitely worth $5. It'll never cease to amaze me how much hate that game gets while far worse games get a pass.

Its actually worse than the first in some ways. If you weren't too hot on the first Id wait till it was maybe $15 or less for this one.

I loved the first game but was really lukewarm on the second. It's more of the same but with an even worse story, also trading up a hostile Japanese island for soviet WW2 bunker ruins. Occasionally throws slightly more interesting ruins at you, but never close to what the classic games delivered. The characters and situations are comically dumb throughout. I don't expect you will like it at all.

Thanks for the honest thoughts guys. Yeah I'll wait for an even lower discount then. I did not like the original for several reasons, but don't think its a bad game functionally. The sequel had some interesting locals, which caught my attention, which was why I was interested.

I'll just skip this sale altogether.

Best wishes.

psychotron

Bought Return to Arkham. I'm okay with some of the art direction changes, but in Asylum some areas look like the black levels are super washed out, while others are fine. It's really odd.

Is Lego Avengers as good as Lego Marvel was?

I played Lego Marvel with my kids quite a bit and they loved it. Sometimes they can do the story, follow the marker or just do their own thing without my help.

Then we got Lego Avengers when it came out. Gosh, Lego Avengers' level designs are horrible. There were so many times that they got stuck and needed my help. Heck, I even got stuck at least 3 times and needed to check YouTube for the solution. Sometimes the level can't be completed due to a glitch!

I'd say wait for Lego Marvel 2.

I enjoyed it.

It's not that long. It is a single character instead of a party and there are a couple of mechanics in there to make it different from other RPG's. If you have a love of 80's nostalgia, it hits a lot of those notes too.

One drawback (for me): When I played it, the battle options felt a little unbalanced. Once you get access to a large number of options, you get a feel that a certain set of attacks are better so you lock into them for the later parts of the game and, as a result, the battles can feel somewhat redundant in places.

I have started thinking about going back to it a couple of weeks ago despite beating the main story over a year ago. There are some replayable options outside the main game and you can re-do individual episodes to explore alternative choices (or pick up on missed items).

Thank you. I have always wondered about this one. For $2.49 why not.

I was literally itching to buy Eyes of Heaven 2 days ago and decided to wait. Really glad I did.

Godzilla is worth $15 if you are a fan of the movies.

Every time I see it on sale I go to buy it, and every time I remember there is no local multiplayer and I don't. Single player does look fun though.

uceenk

i already finished Dragon Age : Inquisition in PS3 (without DLC)

so i'm wondering is that GOTY Edition on PS4 worth the price ?, are those DLCs any good ?

Help me out GAF
Want to buy a fighting game, Skullgirls or MvC3?
Btw, I'm kinda mediocre at fighting games aka button masher :p

so i'm wondering is that GOTY Edition on PS4 worth the price ?, are those DLCs any good ?

If you have PS+ or Live the game has been cheaper before, I got no I dea why these prices often go up again. Anyways, I think even a $20 your getting a LOT of hours of content so if you got the money then go for it.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

DLC's are excellent. Some of the best content in the game.

Trespasser, the last dlc add on, is great and is essentially the true ending of Inquisition. The other 2 are really short and a waste of time.

Hexa

What the consensus on Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment ?

Not sure about the consensus but: Do you like the anime including/despite the fanservice and gary stu moments? Then you'll probably like it. Otherwise, it's a semi-decent but somewhat repetitive JRPG mechanically. I really enjoyed it, though it has a 65/67 on metacritic for PS4/Vita.

ron_bato

Still too much for Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Yeah, I was going to go ahead and jump in, but I'll wait for it to be 15 dollars or something.

I find the Arkham remasters tempting at that price, but I'll look into it more seeing as how the feedback around them has been mostly negative.

ethanny2

Not sure about the consensus but: Do you like the anime including/despite the fanservice and gary stu moments? Then you'll probably like it. Otherwise, it's a semi-decent but somewhat repetitive JRPG mechanically. I really enjoyed it, though it has a 65/67 on metacritic for PS4/Vita.

Doesn't sound too appealing but it could be a fun slog for a couple of hours tyyy

DirtyLarry

Thinking of grabbing the Order for $5. Traded it in for credit but at that price it is worth owning forever. Although I have to think it is hitting + at some point. So yeah, maybe I will hold off since my + sub is secured through 2020.

HardRojo

Help me out GAF
Want to buy a fighting game, Skullgirls or MvC3?
Btw, I'm kinda mediocre at fighting games aka button masher :p

If you have PS+ or Live the game has been cheaper before, I got no I dea why these prices often go up again. Anyways, I think even a $20 your getting a LOT of hours of content so if you got the money then go for it.

UMvC3 is a great game!

Top Bottom