• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Flash Sale incoming (US)

bought it on a whim just because it looked a little like a ps1 jrpgs. I've been looking for reviews but they're hard to come by. seems like an under the radar jrpg. but it's only ten bucks!

Yeah, I found the Kickstarter thread, opinions were mostly good it seems. I'll probably end up getting it :)

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Ok, just posting a small update from my earlier posts in this topic.

Holy shit. Jackbox party pack game(s) are an instant hit in a group family/friends setting. I bought Party Pack 1 based on feedback from this thread and me, the wife and both our siblings had a blast with it over friday and saturday. Fibbage was the star of the pack.

Gonna get the party pack 2 at this sale price, should have picked up the jackbox 1 and 2 bundle but ah well, spending $2 more is not an issue for this level of entertainment.

Highly recommend everyone who wants something for an offline 'entertainment' package to consider the jackbox party packs. These are good for a group of 2 to 8 (or more) people in an offline/local setting.

You don't need PS+, just your PS4 to be online and for all potential players to have a cell phone or tablet with an active connection (wifi, data, doesn't matter).

So now that you have seen the light on these games, you need to go buy pack 2, pack 3, and drawful 2

Then you need to give them your money in October for party pack 4. Don't just stick to partially buying these. Own them all bruh. Best party game that everybody will want to play.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Anybody here liked Outlast and willing to recommend it?

Can you stomach jump scares? It's well recieved and I read more appreciation than criticism, but I couldn't outlast the first 30m due to the scares. Noped out when it was clear I had to walk into a darkened hallway after the sensory assault the tutorial puts you through.

Endy MacK

Sorry if already answered - could someone please tell me if both Fibbage and Drawful 2 can be played with two players only? Any impressions on two player only? Thank you!

I can't decide if Marvel Ultimate Alliance is worth 24 bucks or not. I miss playing those games but the reception the re-release received has me doubting if it's worth a buy. Any thoughts?

Has Stardew Valley recently been on sale? Thinking of picking it up but curious if it's a likely candidate for either the next flash sale or the ongoing Digital sale.

Brandon F

I can't decide if Marvel Ultimate Alliance is worth 24 bucks or not. I miss playing those games but the reception the re-release received has me doubting if it's worth a buy. Any thoughts?

The poor reception was mostly about the DLC not being included with the games, which added more characters to use mostly. They patched them in a few weeks later for free after the blowback.

Otherwise they are mostly fine ports. Run well enough but aren't technically improved beyond a resolution bump. No reason to ignore them if you want to play them.

SamNW

Has Stardew Valley recently been on sale? Thinking of picking it up but curious if it's a likely candidate for either the next flash sale or the ongoing Digital sale.
I would at least wait until tomorrow morning, when the Totally Digital Week 2 sale items go up. If not then, I still imagine Stardew is pretty likely to go on sale soon, as it has now been on PSN for 7+ months without a sale.

I would at least wait until tomorrow morning, when the Totally Digital Week 2 sale items go up. If not then, I still imagine Stardew is pretty likely to go on sale soon, as it has now been on PSN for 7+ months without a sale.

I'll keep an eye out. Thanks!

Cleve

It's worth $24. It's a lazy port with nothing for it but a res boost. The issues at launch have been cleaned up, and part of the frustration at launch was the $60 asking price for a half ass job, but at a lower price it's worth it if you want to play those games again.

Demoskinos

If you need a marvel fix on PS4 honestly I'd just recommend downloading Marvel Heroes which is free to play and get your fix that way.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So now that you have seen the light on these games, you need to go buy pack 2, pack 3, and drawful 2

Then you need to give them your money in October for party pack 4. Don't just stick to partially buying these. Own them all bruh. Best party game that everybody will want to play.

Yep, already got Packs 2 and 3. Waiting to see what's in the upcoming 4th.

Brandon F

Is Lego marvel as robust as the star wars Lego games?

If by 'robust' you mean content, then they are very comparable. Most all Lego games are very similarly packed full of content. Some a bit more than others, but none will leave you wanting.

As stated above, Marvel comes recommended over Avengers though(better level design, more engaging story and humor).

PS4 selection seems bad, a lot of stuff I already picked up in other flash sales.

Capcom fucking got me again. They only put Dead Rising 1 on sale and not 2 (which I actually wanted to buy). They did this in an earlier flash sale where they only put one of the RE games on sale.

Top Bottom