• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC Safety

From the New York Times:

http://bats.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/04/mets-first-off-season-move-layoffs/?partner=rss&emc=rss

The Mets laid off roughly 10 percent of the team's employees, the owners haven't repaid a $25 million loan that was due in June, and a pending court case could cost the team an additional $385 or so million.

Bud Selig, of course, says the Mets are doing just fine. “I don’t have any concerns with the Mets. They’re working on an alternative financing plan, and they seem to be very encouraged, and I’m encouraged.”

Sharp

I kind of like the Marlins uniforms actually. Not in the sense that I would ever want my team wearing them, but I can appreciate them from a distance.

Sharp said:
I kind of like the Marlins uniforms actually. Not in the sense that I would ever want my team wearing them, but I can appreciate them from a distance.

This will all change the moment they sweep the Nats in the first meeting =P

Sanjuro

2012 Season Preview.

CKXe1.jpg

There's a Mets board I lurk on, and this offseason they're having a weight loss competition between posters. They're calling it "The Biggest Victorino Contest"

AnEternalEnigma said:
Wasn't Duquette the genius who traded Scott Kazmir to the Rays for Victor Zambrano?

No, that genius was named Jeff Wilpon.

Doytch

I'm hoping the marlins leak means the jays stuff leaks soon. The marlins logo leaked a couple days before the jays one last time...

Debating who's jersey to get. Lawrie, Bautista, morrow and Romero are front-runners, but I kinda want to get a retro one with Olerud.

Sharp

I think the Marlins' new uniforms and stadium are just going to be hilarious and campy. Anyway, it can't be worse than their entertainment attempts at the actual games these past few years.

Sharp said:
I think the Marlins' new uniforms and stadium are just going to be hilarious and campy. Anyway, it can't be worse than their entertainment attempts at the actual games these past few years.
Those unis are a concept made by someone, don't think they are the real ones. Hope they are not. Batters should protest all the games against Marlins with those new unis. Distraction factor is big.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
From the comments section of this article:
Anger White Man

If it would have been a soccer game from Iraq he would have been there first hand. What a major jerk but when they move their goes the neighborhood!
abbey

The Cardinals are snubbed? How about Jesus Christ? Now Obama, the goon, is REALLY snubbing him……and I think someday he just might regret it.
SS Agent Standing at the Door

The presidents horseface looking wife announced during the 8th inning that she had just finished her period and the prez was then to busy to call La Russa in the lockeroom.
MHumen

From a Rangers fan:Sorry Cardinal fans. Cards and Rangers played a great series. This fraud in the WH is too concerned with himself to care about. I hope all Cardinl fans remember and help vote him out. If you voted for him to prove you weren’t a racist, vote him out to prove you are ot stupid.

Stay classy, St. Louis.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
FOOTE said:
Have fun generalizing. By the way, you also quoted a Rangers fan.
It was a tossup for me between "Stay classy, St. Louis" or "Stay classy, America." Either would have been valid.

BFIB

Just heard Washington's speech before game 7. I had no idea Carpenter was in their heads that much.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This is the greatest thing I've seen in a long, long, long time.

Kevin Goldstein's write-up and YouTube link to Cuban prospect Yoenis Cespedes doing The Showcase.

Absolutely crazy stuff going on in the video. And it's so laughingly bad and yet so utterly amazing. A must-watch on a crazy prospect.

"We will listen on [David] Wright for sure," a Mets official told Sherman last week. The official added, "We know we are not going to win it all in 2012. We have to hope the Phillies get old and we are in position to take advantage of that in 2013-14, and we have to figure out ways to speed the process to get there." Sherman says the Mets crave a "young, defensive-oriented center fielder plus an arm or two" for Wright. He says they are focusing most on the Angels, and Peter Bourjos is a possibility.

wat

Ninja Scooter said:
David Wright for Trayvon Robinson and Brandon League.
Give us Franklin Guiterrez instead of Robinson. Citi Field will have a bathroom inside the center field wall a la left field in Fenway Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom