• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Dragoshi1

Might be worth emailing about. Sometimes they'll give you a credit or make you an order to get the item from the third party. Really hammer home it's their mistake and how it feels bad to be treated so poorly.

Don't bother with chat

Yep, sent them a nice, lengthy email.

I even tweeted about it, and AmazonHelp is even telling me to send it back to them.

Jawmuncher

Yep, sent them a nice, lengthy email.

I even tweeted about it, and AmazonHelp is even telling me to send it back to them.

Yeah ignore them if they keep on that.
This situation calls for more than just a simple refund. They want to have exclusive amiibos. They need to be able to handle the situation accordingly.

Balb

I dropped the ball on securing Corrin Player 2, so am I SOL? I own every other amiibo in the Smash line and I'd like to complete the set. Is there a chance of an Amazon restock or do I have to wait until the exclusivity period is over?

Jawmuncher

I dropped the ball on securing Corrin Player 2, so am I SOL? I own every other amiibo in the Smash line and I'd like to complete the set. Is there a chance of an Amazon restock or do I have to wait until the exclusivity period is over?

If you're not on the whole has to be boxed you're better off importing. Since even if more than a regular amiibo it'll be cheaper than scalpers.

As for your other question it's hard to say. With these being the last of the smash line and how they've basically refused to restock the anniversary Zelda amiibos. It might just get worse.

Amazon is by far the worst company to get exclusives.

Josh5890

Reddit amiibo is reporting that Best Buys around the county have gotten new stock of Majoras Mask Amiibos. Has anyone heard anything from their local stores? I've called my closest three stores and they are all saying no

Hylian7

Yikes these horror stories of getting male Corrin instead of female Corrin make me nervous... My female Corrin is supposed to arrive tomorrow, let's hope it actually is the P2 one...

Tomita

If you're not on the whole has to be boxed you're better off importing. Since even if more than a regular amiibo it'll be cheaper than scalpers.

As for your other question it's hard to say. With these being the last of the smash line and how they've basically refused to restock the anniversary Zelda amiibos. It might just get worse.

Amazon is by far the worst company to get exclusives.

The latest Zelda anniversary amiibos are supposed to get restocks, at least. Can't speak for the older ones -- 8-bit Link, Ocarina of Time, etc -- but the latest three, yeah. Hoping I can snag Majora's soon. ):

I had to just give up getting the 8-bit Link one, though. Just bought one of those amiibo card things from etsy. I don't even really like how the amiibo looks soooo ah well, sorry you don't get money from me Nintendo, maybe you should stock more amiibo :p

But those who are still hoping for a Majora's Mask or Twilight Link amiibo, don't despair! I'd assume Skyward Sword would also get restocked but it's Amazon so lmao who knows, welp. :| If it's prime exclusive again I'll try buying an extra and give it to someone cause the prime stuff is some bull.

Yikes these horror stories of getting male Corrin instead of female Corrin make me nervous... My female Corrin is supposed to arrive tomorrow, let's hope it actually is the P2 one...
Same. I'm super nervous come mail time, already nervous because of a doctor's appointment. So here's hoping there will be all positive vibes tomorrow.

LiK

First it was shit packaging, now they're sending out wrong ones. Turns out Amazon is now the worst place for exclusives. BB and GS got their shit together at least.

ZugZug123

Corrin P2 received! Phew... I do not know how the package survived intact, she was tossed in a too big box with no bubble or padding inside. Go Amazon... ^^'

I also got my BotW Link Nendo w/ Epona today, so double happy.

No more stress on amiibos for a while, all my other pre-orders are with BBY and they have yet to fail me on any.

Koppai

Do we have another topic about Figure collecting around here? I just spent a good amount of time adding my collection to My Figure Collection website x_x

So much money spent...

I am missing the following amiibo"

Wario, Rosalina, Daisy, Waluigi, Diddy Kong (Mario series)
Mega Yarn Yoshi, Poochy (Yarn Yoshi series)
Monster Hunter series
Boxboy
Skylanders Series

shanafan

I ordered the Corrin (Player 2) from Amazon, but my order won't ship for 1-2 months. In the pic, she (I presume) has her sword behind her back.

In the meanwhile, I am not familiar with who Corrin is, so how are the male and female different? Could someone link both pics?

Thanks!

Jawmuncher

I've never been more happy to see an unprotected amiibo. Seems Amazon might have changed only one thing and said these need to be shipped in boxes. Not even an air bubble thing.

But at least it's the right figure

Rootbeer

Banned
Corrin P2's sword was a little bent, nothing major. I'm in the minority but I prefer P1.

Waiting on the exclusivity to run out so I can get Cloud P2 and a few others on bestbuy.com

Mega Yarn Yoshi, Poochy (Yarn Yoshi series)
Monster Hunter series
Boxboy
Skylanders Series

I would definitely try to hunt down the Skylanders and the Yarn Yoshis asap. The Skylanders figures I haven't seen in a while, and especially if you want to get the "Dark" versions they may be a little hard to come by.

Poochy I haven't seen at all in quite a while and I'm afraid I'm gonna have to buy the whole game for it from Gamestop unless I can find a single somewhere.

MH ones seem neat but I'm still holding out for a US or even a UK release since the boxart now has the amiibo logo on it.

Im really sad we didn't get Boxboy. Like wtf

Corrin P2 from Amazon UK is out for delivery today, in addition to two Bayos so I think this is the last of my great shipping journey here. I can only imagine what these guys are thinking at UPS/USPS with all the boxes I've been getting this last week.

The corrin P2 mess-ups just furthers my conspiracy that Intelligent Systems are pissed people like fem corrin and are still determined to push male corrin by any means necessary :p

Hylian7

Corrin P2 came in today aaaaand...

jLZtOrt.jpg

They got it right!

I rearranged the amiibo shelf...I need a bigger shelf, because some of the organization here has no real rhyme or reason to it. It didn't really hit me til now that I have like six Fire Emblem amiibos now. I saw Lucina at Best Buy the other day when I picked up Bayo P2, I considered getting it and should have, but I'm sure I'll see it again.

(Apologies for the shitty phone camera)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Quoting from the Hey Pikmin review thread on what the amiibo do:

Basically the amiibo themselves are treasures in the game, and by scanning a supported amiibo that amiibo will appear in a special puzzle stage on the world map. If you grab it, it is added to your treasure log along with some funny comments by Olimar. The stages are recycled content from the game, so you're not missing out on anything if you don't buy amiibo. The amiibo stages are really simple and you can solve them in 1 minute, they're very bite sized. Using the special Hey! Pikmin amiibo makes a random supported amiibo stage appear, so it's basically a shortcut so you don't have to buy every single supported amiibo.

The other use of Hey! Pikmin amiibo is that you can use it to summon extra Pikmin during levels. The amount of Pikmin you can summon increases as you level up your Pikmin Park (but there's always a limit of 20 Pikmin at any time in a stage). If you do this you can't get the special No Pikmin Harmed Trophy for that level anymore, so you can't cheat with it :p.

Credo

I'm not sure what to do about Cuby. Part of me wants to get it even though it's an amiibo we'll likely never get here, but I'm not going to get the Skylanders or Monster Hunter amiibos either, so it's not like I have to have it for completion's sake.

I'm not sure what to do about Cuby. Part of me wants to get it even though it's an amiibo we'll likely never get here, but I'm not going to get the Skylanders or Monster Hunter amiibos either, so it's not like I have to have it for completion's sake.

Skylanders and Monster Hunter are 3rd party amiibo figures, so you can reasonably exclude them from completion. ;P

Gamerdude99

Neo Member
Sorry guys if I missed this but scanned last two pages and didn't see anything. I pre-ordered three of the Zelda guardians from GameStop and one from Walmart and have not received any of them. They were supposed to ship June 30, but I assumed they were just backlogged. Is this normal ?

RomanceDawn

I just read through the last 2 pages, let me get something straight.

The 3 characters that just came out all have their alternate looks available?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I just read through the last 2 pages, let me get something straight.

The 3 characters that just came out all have their alternate looks available?

Yes. Their "player 2" styles. They're the only characters to have Amiibos made out of their alternate Smash Bros. styles — probably because they knew people like female Corrin better than the default male Corrin, so to cover that up and not make it look totally transparent, they released alternate versions for the other two characters, Bayonetta and Cloud.

Velcro Fly

How deep would you be willing to go on a Player 2 line of amiibo.

I only bought Corrin and I suspect I'd probably buy the other FE characters at bare minimum.

But another 40-50 amiibo for a hypothetical Smash Switch port is asking a lot for me personally.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

I only bought Corrin and I suspect I'd probably buy the other FE characters at bare minimum.

But another 40-50 amiibo for a hypothetical Smash Switch port is asking a lot for me personally.

I'd only get the actual alternate characters. Like male Wii Fit Trainer etc.

PMS341

Completed the Smash lineup outside of Male Corrin and P2 Cloud, which I have no interest in. Though I did get both Bayonetta... :p

Now if only I could find a Majora's Mask Link, as it is basically the only amiibo left (currently released) that I'm interested in. Almost willing to pay scalper price tbh. :/

Hylian7

I doubt they will release P2 versions of characters that don't have a completely alternate consume/character. I'd expect Wii Fit Trainer, maybe Villager, Wario, Alph, and Robin.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I doubt they will release P2 versions of characters that don't have a completely alternate consume/character. I'd expect Wii Fit Trainer, maybe Villager, Wario, Alph, and Robin.

don't forget Bowser Jr.

it would be a line unto itself

the horror

Yes. Their "player 2" styles. They're the only characters to have Amiibos made out of their alternate Smash Bros. styles — probably because they knew people like female Corrin better than the default male Corrin, so to cover that up and not make it look totally transparent, they released alternate versions for the other two characters, Bayonetta and Cloud.

Technically there's also the two different versions of ROB, Japanese and international.

Top Bottom