• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising PC release date Jan 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Look forward to my OT, guys!

3Ueb3uQ.gif

LAA

Damn! Boss battles added as an option, thats great, was annoying to playthrough each mission just to replay a certain boss again!
Hope it gets added to MGR on consoles through an update! (Would have thought it would be possible)

McNum

so suppose there was a person that hasn't played any Metal Gear beyond Twin Snakes

should that person still buy?
Remember that cutscene in the hallway with the Cyborg Ninja cutting up soldiers? Do you want to do that? Except a lot more?

The answer to that question is the same as the answer to your own question.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
The cutting function of the game is really cpu intensive. Other than that I dont see anything outside blade mode posing a problem for most people

Plus you can crank up the number of cuts you can make. I wonder if they'll let folk set it to unlimited to see how long it takes you to crash the game with all that cutting :p

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
so suppose there was a person that hasn't played any Metal Gear beyond Twin Snakes

Yes, the only recurring characters are Raiden, Metal Gear RAY, and Sunny. None of them even reference past events really, and Raiden gives basically his whole relevant backstory during the game.

I have to wait 3 more weeks? Are you kidding me? Was this strategic timing so that rising on console could win GOTY 13 and the PC version could make it GOTY two years running? Just give me the damn game already.

dmr87

It's like a different game, if you like campy characters/story with amazing action/gameplay then this is for you.

MKUltra

Yeah sure, I'd also tell them to drop what they're doing and buy the HD collection immediately, even if only for Snake Eater.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
not even sure my computer will run this, but I'm gonna buy anyway just to support Platinum games and Konami for making awesome ports!

Maybe I'll play around with some custom control configurations and see if I can map them to wiimote\nunchuck, just for the lolz :D

You will surely get the zangeki.
I understood that reference ;)

Zomba13

Added to the CHAPTER Menu the Boss Stage, enabling to play only the Boss battles.

YES YES YES

Now I need to rebuy it.

All action games should have a boss rush/boss select option. ALL OF THEM. I don't want to have to play through the whole level again if I just want to play against some bosses. Even though Risings levels are really fun, sometimes I just wanna kick Monsoon's ass.

Technically triple-dipping with this, but still fucking worth it. GOTY version confirmed.

I'M MY OWN MASTER RACE NOW!

STANDING HERE

I REALIZE

...that my specs don't meet the recommended level :/

lmao (Sorry VJC, my spec are probably below recommended too)

I've played them all; it does mention past Metal Gear stuff before (which some codec conversations will explain), but it still works well as a spin-off, self-contained story. If you plan to play the ones in-between, you might run into a lot of spoilers on threads though.

Kvik

I will throw money to a mod creator who can replace the button prompts with the Playstation ones.

Is it tomorrow already?

Nabs

Yeah if anything, the "pre-order sale" suggests that people are up for a rude wake up call when the game comes out. I'ma wait.

It means that it's going to be the very first thing millions of people see when they go and check out the Steam Winter Sale tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom