• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 Showroom | New cars and details for Forza 5, ongoing reveals

I'm pretty sure it's Prague, but for a second I was dreaming about Frensh city Marseille ;)

I want to say it's Prague, but the facade at the end of the road doesn't match up with the E3 builds of Prague even though swiggly lines on the floor are on the Prague start/finish straight.

SarBear

You're right, it is. Getting slightly excited at the thought of a remodeled Enzo. Thanks for the screengrab, eso.

Between the GT500 and the Boss 302, there are far too many 'Stangs in the trailer for my tastes, and you're right, p3tran, I do vaguely remember some weirdo skulking around these parts, constantly babbling on about MUSTANGS to anyone who will listen like some barely coherent panhandler on a street corner.

Whoever that guy is, I expect him around here soon.

Heh, yea buddy! Turn10 knows how to make a trailer!!!! Mother FUCK the haters, we need more MUSTANGS. Did you guys hear the Cobra??!?!?! Nuts!!!! My body is ready!!! Take my money right now!!

Total beast mode right now. Turn10 is starting to deliver after that clusterfuck that was yesterday. Don't worry Turn10, I didn't forget about that shit.

Xanadu

Banned
Heh, yea buddy! Turn10 knows how to make a trailer!!!! Mother FUCK the haters, we need more MUSTANGS. Did you guys hear the Cobra??!?!?! Nuts!!!! My body is ready!!! Take my money right now!!

Total beast mode right now. Turn10 is starting to deliver after that clusterfuck that was yesterday. Don't worry Turn10, I didn't forget about that shit.
the only mustang i want

6_906550lkfra.jpg

Anyone, (read: Helios, BADNED, saladine1), know what time on Wednesday the media embargo will be lifted?

If today's launch trailer is any indication, I will definitely have to go to the store tonight and pick up some more Jergens and Kleenex.

jbug617

Banned
Anyone, (read: Helios, BADNED, saladine1), know what time on Wednesday the media embargo will be lifted?

If today's launch trailer is any indication, I will definitely have to go to the store tonight and pick up some more Jergens and Kleenex.

IGN said they have Xbox One game previews going up at 9am PST (12pm EST).

@DMC_Ryan: Get ready: a metric ass-ton of Xbox One preview content drops tomorrow on @IGN at 9am PT. We got to play EVERYTHING.

He clarified the tweet to say launch titles

Shaneus

I don't know. 'suppose tomorrow everyone can take a good look at the whole list of cars and tracks and evaluate whether they've included enough content to call F5 a full game.
It's not whether a game can be considered "full" regardless of content or not, it's whether content that could've been included for free at launch but is instead charged for is a bad thing or not.

If you think about it, almost any game can be considered "full" depending on the content that was shipped. Hell, I'd consider FM5 a full game if it had only 100 cars and 10 environments (PGR4 only had something like that, I think)... but that doesn't give T10 the right to pull all content bar that from the game and sell it to me day one as an extra.

The_Holy_Puck

Neo Member
At noon EST.

I guess we're going to have a shitload of info. From IGN atleast. Maybe at midnight, and early in the am we will get something leak out, but I doubt it. Maybe though. Tomorrow will be an eventful day for news.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
weird, lost my post to the void... anywho - awesome awesome trailer. the music sucks, but the sounds were awesome. yas marina looks great, everything looked great. so very excited. bring on tomorrow and the 22nd!

SarBear

Wow, same hater is here as always. Female traits.

Anyhoo, Amazon pre order for the LCE just went from pre ordered to "not yet shipped.". Woohoo

eso76

I want to say it's Prague, but the facade at the end of the road doesn't match up with the E3 builds of Prague even though swiggly lines on the floor are on the Prague start/finish straight.

yep, different architecture, I think road is different too.
unless that's a completely different part of the track we hadn't seen before

weird, lost my post to the void... anywho - awesome awesome trailer. the music sucks, but the sounds were awesome. yas marina looks great, everything looked great. so very excited. bring on tomorrow and the 22nd!

For the love of all things holy what is wrong with you guys complaining about the music, it's fucking great!

saladine1

Who's ready?

I'm ready you sons a beeches. My body and eardrums are ready...
Good stuff coming!!

Seriously Turn 10, again, well done with the trailer.
I've/We've constantly said that the trailers should be more serious, more hype inducing. We said that making 'happy hold hands and sing together' kind of trailers just don't cut it.
Judging by the reactions, you've listened and it has worked.

LeBoef

yep, different architecture, I think road is different too.
unless that's a completely different part of the track we hadn't seen before

its prague.
looks like the are below the carls bridge.

and you can see the cars which stand in line going its way. and those in line are in prague, which is even pointed out by a sign.

edit
correction: watched the video again. cant see the mclaren (think its one) standing in prague and cant find the flags on the bridge, which are on the 2nd screenshot.

Neo 007

Ok fuck it..I'm gunna say it.

The scale proportion problems SOME cars have in the Forza franchise..Shelby Mustang,F50 ect,Polyphony just don't seem to have.

Just an observation guys and yes..I'm getting F5 day 1.

eso76

its prague.
looks like the are below the carls bridge.

and you can see the cars which stand in line going its way. and those in line are in prague, which is even pointed out by a sign.

edit
correction: watched the video again. cant see the mclaren (think its one) standing in prague and cant find the flags on the bridge, which are on the 2nd screenshot.

yes, i couldn't identify the building behind the arch, but it's just because the perspective is squashed.
So, not a lot of tracks in the vid..

1) Alps
2) Prague NEW
3) Spa NEW
4) Bathurst NEW
5) Laguna Seca
6) Le Mans RESCANNED
7) Sebring
8) Yas Marina NEW
9) Top Gear Test Track
10) Indianapolis
11) Silverstone RESCANNED
12) mysterious test track NEW

Am i missing anything ?
Nothing new except that test track and Yas marina that leaked through boxart anyway.

MIA so far:

• Camino Viejo (and Iberian, Ladera)
  • Catalunya
  • Fujimi Kaido
  • Hockenheim
  • Infineon
  • Maple Valley
  • Mugello
  • Nurburgring (the reddit guy claimed it was there when he played it, in behemot form no less)
  • Rally di Positano
  • Road America
  • Road Atlanta
  • Sedona
  • Sunset Peninsula
  • Suzuka
  • Tsukuba
  • Motegi

Tracks we more or less know are coming to Forza, but we don't know if day 1, DLC, or Forza 6

Long Beach
Monza

So what do you think ? MIA tracks are not there or they haven't been upgraded to next gen standards ?

It would be strange if Hockenheim was gone. Not that I would mind, it's not one of my favorites but seeing as it was a F4 track you would think it would be easier to update.

eso76

It would be strange if Hockenheim was gone. Not that I would mind, it's not one of my favorites but seeing as it was a F4 track you would think it would be easier to update.

they were very happy with the way they recreated Hockenheim and Infineon, those are certainly in.

Maybe they didn't receive the same overhaul as Sebring, though.

BADNED

Just for the info, every track has been rebuild from the ground up using laser scan data, varying from pure surface scans to full-on 3D scans, including fantasy tracks.

p3tran

Banned
Just for the info, every track has been rebuild from the ground up using laser scan data, varying from pure surface scans to full-on 3D scans, including fantasy tracks.

ok, I can live with DAT NEWS!!! 8)

@eso: you scan the roads of prague, then you cut and paste them roads (sets of data points) to make your fantasy track design. like a lego of scanned pieces.

Seanspeed

Banned
Obligatory Requiem For A Dream trailer cut...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUKnIs1KXho

Magnificent.

This is what I kind of suspected before when the discussion about Laguna Seca was going on. Well, it was at least the only thing I could think of to reconcile what we'd heard from Turn 10.

I'm guessing this is a total Xbone blowout then and not just Forza? I see IGN put up a 15min video of Dead rising 3's opening yesterday.

Top Bottom