• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterR

OléGunner;235679680 said:
I would cut off my little toe for a KZ2 remaster at E3.
They should do something for the 10 year anniversary at least in 2019.

Edit: man these Kaz Bollywood gifs are amazing!

I like the way you think. KZ2 was my favorite multiplayer last gen, I'd love to have it remastered.

Vinc

Look, I know the whole Half-Life and Sony E3 image is a joke... but think about this.

Half-Life lead writers leave Valve over the last year.

Neil Druckmann makes public comments about wanting to make Half-Life 3 about a year ago.

Half-Life 3 would make a LOT more sense as a first party console game by a publisher who notoriously makes awesome story-based single player games in 2017 than it does by Valve. This is similar to the Microsoft / Epic Games situation with Gears of War.

And that font does actually kinda look suspiciously close.

I mean, of course it's not gonna happen, that would be too much of a dream.... right?

Ahasverus

YFW the new FFVIIR trailer debuts with a live orchestra, and it ends with Tifa doing an Izuna Drop on a Behemoth:

tumblr_nj119by30m1tdyfkro1_500.gif

Come on Square, don't miss this chance. It is free money.
An on stage orchestra is not free lol

I have two major videogame wishes. Gameplay reveal of Cyberpunk 2077, which is bound to happen sooner or later but probably not this E3, and a FROM Software sci-fi game. Which could happen if they reveal their Armored Core reboot.

In terms of dreams, I still have some left. Of course, new IPs can potentially slay me, but those are an unknown quantity until revealed.

Bloodborne 2
Monster Hunter 5 (built from the ground up for PS4)
Ape Escape 4
Chrono Break
Alundra 3
Skies of Arcadia 2
Tomba! 3
Puppeteer 2
Wild Arms 6
Folklore 2
Heavenly Sword 2
Katamari Forever & Ever
Catherine 2
Agent
Tokyo Jungle 2
Shadow of the Colossus Remake
Demon's Souls Remastered
Metal Gear Solid 4 Remastered

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
MAG is really due for a sequel.

The only way Sony can really blow me away now is by announcing MAG and Motorstorm sequels.

They have already dropped all other megatons the last couple of years. The last guardian, God of war 4, spiderman, the last of us 2. all dreams came true already. there is nothing left except for MAG and Motorstorm and most people dont even care about those two franchises.

Most important thing is they keep the structure of last year. Start with two new game announcements back to back with no introduction. Think GOW will be the new uncharted finale.

In terms of dreams, I still have some left. Of course, new IPs can potentially slay me, but those are an unknown quantity until revealed.

Bloodborne 2
Monster Hunter 5 (built from the ground up for PS4)
Ape Escape 4
Chrono Break
Alundra 3
Skies of Arcadia 2
Tomba! 3
Puppeteer 2
Wild Arms 6
Folklore 2
Heavenly Sword 2
Katamari Forever & Ever
Catherine 2
Agent
Tokyo Jungle 2
Shadow of the Colossus Remake
Demon's Souls Remastered
Metal Gear Solid 4 Remastered
Why must you remind me that the only way to play the original is either on PS3 or through PS Now and there isnt either a PS4 port or sequel to satisfy my needs???
I do have the original and a PS3 to play it but a Tokyo Jungle 2 on PS4 would be amazing, especially with some form of multiplayer survival mode too.

Bahorel

Look, I know the whole Half-Life and Sony E3 image is a joke... but think about this.

Neil Druckmann makes public comments about wanting to make Half-Life 3 about a year ago.

Half-Life 3 would make a LOT more sense as a first party console game by a publisher who notoriously makes awesome story-based single player games in 2017 than it does by Valve. This is similar to the Microsoft / Epic Games situation with Gears of War.

I mean, of course it's not gonna happen, that would be too much of a dream.... right?

Can you imagine the pc gamer meltdown tho if it was a PlayStation exclusive

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The only way Sony can really blow me away now is by announcing MAG and Motorstorm sequels.

They have already dropped all other megatons the last couple of years. The last guardian, God of war 4, spiderman, the last of us 2. all dreams came true already. there is nothing left except for MAG and Motorstorm and most people dont even care about those two franchises.
  • Ape Escape
  • Jak and Daxter
  • LocoRoco
  • MediEvil
  • PlayStation All-Stars
  • Resistance
  • Siren
  • Sly Cooper
  • Syphon Filter
  • The Getaway
  • Tourist Trophy
  • Twisted Metal
  • Vib-Ribbon
  • War of the Monsters
Plenty of other megatons they could announce.

BigEmil

Valve owns the IP so all is mute
Ape Escape 4

Do it Sony... just make it happen already!
Most of Sony Japan Studios should be free as most games being developed released only some are working on Knack 2, hope the rest of the team is working on Ape Escape 🙌

Vinc

Valve owns the IP so all is mute

Most of Sony Japan Studios should be free as most games being developed released only some are working on Knack 2, hope the rest of the team is working on Ape Escape 🙌

Like I said, I could actually see it being a Microsoft / Epic Games Gears of War situation. Valve selling the IP to Sony is a much better business move than sitting on it and never making a game again. Neil Druckmann expressed interest in MAKING HL3 last year, and HL writers all left the company over the last year. Sony is still heavily invested in making SP games, whereas Valve is not. This is very much the same kind of situation as Microsoft and Epic Games were in, where Epic owned the IP but wasn't interested in making that type of game anymore, and MS saw more value in it for its portfolio.

Pie in the sky announcement: Silent Hill, developed internally by Konami, produced by Japan Studio/Project Siren.

But yeah, not happening because fuck Konami.

ZenTzen

What i hope they'll show
- DMC5
- FF7Remake
- RE2Remake
- Legend of Dragoon 2
- Medievil 3
- Dragon Quest 11
- Skyes of Arcadia 2
- Shenmue 3
- New Platinum ip
- New Atlus ip
- New FromSoftware ip

Most important thing is they keep the structure of last year. Start with two new game announcements back to back with no introduction. Think GOW will be the new uncharted finale.
Devil May Cry 5 announcement, followed by Dante/Vergil trailer for MvC:I. They could do it the other way around as well.

What i hope they'll show
- DMC5
- FF7Remake
- RE2Remake
- Legend of Dragoon 2
- Medievil 3
- Dragon Quest 11
- Skyes of Arcadia 2
- Shenmue 3
- New Platinum ip
- New Atlus ip
- New FromSoftware ip
This will never happen. Atlus JP doesn't care about the worldwide audience.

Philippo

Welp, time for predictions round 1!
I think they'll go super light on unannounced reveals this year, not that they don't have them, just that some already announced games are still in need of another big showing.

1st party games
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Live demo
Dreams - Live demo, Summer beta, Holiday release date,
GT Sport - Trailer, coming September
God of War - Live demo, coming Early 2018
Days Gone - Trailer, 2018
Sucker Punch New IP - Reveal demo, no date

2nd party / 3rd party exclusives
Yakuza 6 - Trailer, Early 2018 release date
Detroit: Become Human - Trailer, November release date
Ni No Kuni 2 - Trailer, September release date
Spiderman - Live demo, title revealed, 2018
Final Fantasy VII Remake - Live demo

3rd party games
Destiny 2 - Live demo
Red Dead Redemption - Trailer, Fall release confirmed
Assassin's Creed - Live demo
Rocksteady New Title - Announcement Trailer
Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Live demo
Shenmue III - Trailer, coming Early 2018
Devil May Cry 5 - Reveal trailer, 2018
Kingdom Hearts III - Trailer, 2018

Three crazy things i'm writing apart because i'm not expecting them:
-FFVII live demo plays, shows a November 2017 date at the end (no way lol)
-Bloodborne II announced (i think they'll release a new multiplat IP in 2018, BBII is '19 IMHO)
-New Japan Studio AAA project (the JRPG dream lives on, even without Verendus lol)

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Live demo
Dreams - Live demo
Yakuza 6 - Trailer
Final Fantasy VII Remake - Live demo
Red Dead Redemption - Trailer
Rocksteady New Title - Announcement Trailer
Shenmue III - Trailer
Kingdom Hearts III - Trailer, 2018
I don't think these will happen. The bold ones will be at the event, but I don't think will have a live demo.

Devil May Cry 5 announcement, followed by Dante/Vergil trailer for MvC:I. They could do it the other way around as well.

This will never happen. Atlus JP doesn't care about the worldwide audience.

imagine they reveal Dante and Vergil in the mvc trailer then at the end , the screen goes black and you hear the voice over of Dante and Vergil saying they're not done yet and it goes straight into dmc5 trailer. Still not allowing myself to expect dmc5 but that happening would be a highlight.

Jingo

Here´s how its gonna be:

Sony logo shows up:

( No Pauses between the trailers)
- Uncharted Lost legacy new section gameplay followed by
- Horizon zero dawn dlc trailer
- Hellblade trailer (with release date)

-New Ip

- Vr talk with possible 2 or 3 new games showed.

- Ladies and gentlement, activision is in the house to talk about Destiny 2!
-Gt Sport trailer (with release date)
- Days gone new trailer

-Indie space

-Star wars Battlefront 2 trailer and exclusive content
-Spiderman gameplay trailer

-New ip from Suckerpunch
-Detroit- become human new trailer

- Call of duty ww2 new trailer and talk about exclusive content

Oh and Just one more thing before we go:

-New god of war trailer with release date

The end.

Im trying to do this the more realistic possible with no ridiculous expectations, and if its like this, its one hell of a show for me anyway.

schaft0620

The curtains open as a full orchestra plays a familiar song but, not sure what it is? "GOD OF WAR!" could be heard yelling in the crowd. "THE LAST OF US" another person yells as if to correct. The Sony logo disperses as the Decima logo illuminates the screen, "HOLY FUCK OH MY GOD" yells and shouts shroud the audio. The camera pans up from above the grass, there she is, Aloy. Aloy takes down new enemies with new weapons then rides off into the sunset on something we have never seen before. Guerrilla Games logo illuminates the screen. The lights come up it's Shawn Layden on stage wearing a Dino Crisis t-shirt. He says, I can't wait to see what's in store for Aloy as part of the new story DLC in Horizon, out this holiday.

Layden continues on, "We here at Sony have been working on a lot, with that said, let's get right to it." The lights dim again, orchestra blaring something fast as the SIE logo comes on the screen, 2 subway trains screaming by fast, the crowd immediately starts yelling anything and everything could be heard, profanities, sex noises, religious deities. Both subways come to the end of a tunnel as an explosion hits. Out of the flames, out of the smoke, comes a hero, webs in each hand Spider-Man leaps on to the scene. The trailer cuts to Mr. Negative unloading bags of money out of a bank and into a dump truck along with the Shocker and Chameleon, the camera cuts to Mary Jane Watson on top of a building with Doctor Octopus, Kraven the Hunter stalking Aunt May as she is leaving a grocery store with her hands full of bags. “WHO WILL YOU SAVE?” “YOU DECIDE THE FATE OF” small 5 second flashes of Venom, Lizard, Green Goblin… “THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN.” cut to 1 minute and 45 seconds of gameplay combat…. “JUNE 2018”

where talk about orchesta coming from?

Just hopes and dreams... Working in the music industry it was one of the highlights for me and made one of the biggest impacts. Would like to see a return of it is all as it was such a perfect introduction to their first announcement and opening of the conference. I doubt it'll be back though.

Here´s how its gonna be:

Sony logo shows up:

-New Ip

- Days gone new trailer

-Indie space

-New ip from Suckerpunch

The end.

Im trying to do this the more realistic possible with no ridiculous expectations, and if its like this, its one hell of a show for me anyway.
Wow that would be 5/10 conference. No Spidey, Kojima or From!?

Elandyll

Banned
Here´s how its gonna be:

Sony logo shows up:

-New Ip

- Days gone new trailer

-Indie space

-New ip from Suckerpunch

The end.

You forgot RDR2 push, and that opening seems weak tbh.

Imo they will open either with Destiny 2 or RdR2 or something completely new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom