• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Overwatch update filters "gg ez" into different, hilarious phrases

Odrion

Banned
Not sure.
If someone is uncapable of not caring about a random kid writing "gg ez" on the internet........ well........
It's a competitive enviroment, it's a random dude writing stuff in a text chat.. get over it.

edit: and i'm not defending idiots that use to write "ez" in chat. Because they are idiots.
pretty much

I eyeroll at a lot of people who accuse people of being thin-skinned when the person is being racist or homophobic or saying "rape" a lot but... Someone saying "ez" at the end of a game is the weakest form of smack talk. If you let that get to you then you probably are being thin-skinned about it.

edit: also it's kinda hypocritical considering a lot of heroes have the ability to smack talk the person/team you just dominated. D.VA says "GG" and "easy mode".

Melchior

Funny change but I'm more interested in seeing the work arounds to this. I'm sure I'll start to see or use some creative stuff. GG ez has always been literally the easiest way to tilt a team after a round or something.

Griss

I'm not an online gamer, but people really get that bent out of shape over a little humorous trash talk? Really? So much so that it had to be filtered? I thought playing online was supposed to be for fun...

I'm sorry, but I dont know what "gg ez" means. Can someone explain to me? I tried googling it but got bot real answer.

Good game, easy. It's a dismissive statement that insults the other team. Or at least, the "ez" part is. I'm not sure why this applies to "gg ez" and not just "ez".

eot

Banned
pretty much

I eyeroll at a lot of people who accuse people of being thin-skinned when the person is being racist or homophobic or saying "rape" a lot but... Someone saying "ez" at the end of a game is the weakest form of smack talk. If you let that get to you then you probably are being thin-skinned about it.

edit: also it's kinda hypocritical considering a lot of heroes have the ability to smack talk the person/team you just dominated. D.VA says "GG" and "easy mode".

Yeah. Of all the phrases to do word substitution on I don't get why they picked this one.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
This is going to cause people to type some variation of "ggez" after every single game.

kmg90

Actually, its been banned on LoL LINK

guy-opening-door.gif

wow.... the more I discovered where I was and what was on the page the more I was inclined to close tab and nuke it from my history

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I need to make "?" popular so they filter that as well.

JackelZXA

i feel like typing gg ez is now preferable, even if you aren't the type to say that normally, because there's the fun of wondering which filter you'll get??

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
The only time I have an issue with someone typing gg ez is when a player on the other team that didn't contribute. That being said, I really like this idea and would like to see other games do this too.

Scratch

The only time I have an issue with someone typing gg ez is when a player on the other team that didn't contribute. That being said, I really like this idea and would like to see other games do this too.

that's the only time I've ever enjoyed people using it. just cause it's so ironic

pizzacat

Banned
Hard to believe people would get even remotely angry at randoms saying something as simple as gg ez

Maybe next time be good at the game?

Top Bottom