• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Overwatch update filters "gg ez" into different, hilarious phrases

TP

Is there a way to disable chat completely?

Yes, you can bind hide chat to a key and disable auto join team and group voice channels

rgeGym8.png

This is stupid. Trolling people you play against is a god-given right, and fuck these Blizz-tards for trying to create a better online atmosphere. It reeks of 'safe-spaces' and 'trigger warnings'.

Don't even get me started on 'God' or 'Females'.

I have some pamphlets on Libertarian ideals, if anyone is interested.
-------

The new phrases are funny, and I'm glad they're taking a light-hearted approach to this. Nobody will miss seeing 'gg-ez'.

peakish

This is stupid. Trolling people you play against is a god-given right, and fuck these Blizz-tards for trying to create a better online atmosphere. It reeks of 'safe-spaces' and 'trigger warnings'.

Don't even get me started on 'God' or 'Females'.

I have some pamphlets on Libertarian ideals, if anyone is interested.
-------

The new phrases are funny, and I'm glad they're taking a light-hearted approach to this. Nobody will miss seeing 'gg-ez'.
LOL

Whoa, what, lol. Hilarious. GG and GR and so seem to be so loaded for people, I guess a lot of folks are traumatized by playing LoL and whatever.

In a recent game of Overwatch, my side won a really hard-fought round in Nepal, so I said, "GR". A player on the other side was pissed - "What do you mean, GR? What do you mean? No way. You barely won, man. We could have won"

"Right...that's why I said GR...it was well fought. What's the issue?"

I think players don't even know what these terms mean any longer, they've been used in such sarcastic and jerky ways.

Dizzy

Banned
i dont play overwatch but what's wrong with saying "gg ez"?
It's a childish brag, normally used by douchebags. Get it a lot in rocket league.

If someone beat me 20-0 they would have every right to describe it as easy. But you get people who stay quiet all match if they're drawing or losing, then get lucky with one goal ahead and proceed to talk trash on how easy it is. It happens frequently.

markwaters

Neo Member
In the world of trolling, it's a contest to determine who cares the least, and the only winning move is to not play at all.

But this filter is funny.

KLoWn

Haha awesome! More of this Blizz!

"gg ez" is not a sign of immaturity, it's just facetious gamer lingo. I don't feel like anyone uses it seriously.
It's something that douchebags use to mock other players with, so yes, it is a sign of immaturity.

Acerac

Banned
"gg ez" is not a sign of immaturity, it's just facetious gamer lingo. I don't feel like anyone uses it seriously.

People type it solely to piss others off, if that's not a sign of immaturity to you I don't know what would be.
i dont get why it censored in the first place?

It's censored because people dislike douchebags in their games, and the game itself belittling them for being assholes is funny.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member

Maybe. Gotta say though whenever I see it I just automatically assume the person is a child/teen.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I say gg, after every game. It's good manners! The ez part is the lame part.

In Dota saying gg before the other person quits is lame as well, always wait til the game is over.

I don't feel like anybody used it seriously either, but then again I felt the same way about "cuck" and it turns out a lot of people use it completely unironically so I dunno.

can they do the same with salt and salty next please? game has been overtaken by children and basement dwelling bitter souls who channel their angst through chat

it is literally the definition of immaturity soooo not sure where you're going with your post. there are plenty of people who use it unironically

Spookie

This could be implemented in to Dota 2. The upset would be GLORIOUS.

I invite you to play a day of Dota 2. They do it without a sense of irony.

Odrion

Banned
banned the ability for people to say gg ez

literally created a hero who can yell on command "is this easymode?"

Top Bottom