• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redx508

They're putting XI and XIV songs into XV's car radio:

Final Fantasy XI

Shinryu
Melodies Errant
Ragnarok
Iron Collosus
Tavnazian Archipelago
Fighters of the Crystal
Sanctuary of Zi’tah
Tough Battle #2
Awakening
Selbina
Voyager
Ronfaure
Gustaberg

Final Fantasy XIV

Engage
Under the Weight
Serenity
Westerly Winds
To the Sun
Hard to Miss
Fallen Angel

No Answers sorry Kagari maybe dlc with the shiva theme :)

K.Sabot

hmm, my net is real bad so I'm learning real interesting things about how XIV's server structure works.

Like, if my shitty upload misses a server handshake in the loading screen, I'll still load into the world, but it'll be empty and nothing server side will load until I get booted from the server 30 seconds later. But if I hit that initial handshake, my game is more or less fine even if it misses some future handshakes, as long as it hits one in the next minute or so.

or I can just stay in the char select forever without having my internet on, turn my net on, and then still log into the game just fine.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Guys is it even possible to play ff14 like this
j3WQSyo.png

i had trouble clearing Sephirot ex today and wanna know if this might help or 3.4. I beat it but it looks revolutionary.
No Answers sorry Kagari maybe dlc with the shiva theme :)
Should have put King Moggle Mog in there

and sephiroth dmc

Teknoman

Final Fantasy XI

Shinryu
Melodies Errant
Ragnarok
Iron Collosus
Tavnazian Archipelago
Fighters of the Crystal
Sanctuary of Zi’tah
Tough Battle #2
Awakening
Selbina
Voyager
Ronfaure
Gustaberg

Final Fantasy XIV

Engage
Under the Weight
Serenity
Westerly Winds
To the Sun
Hard to Miss
Fallen Angel

So FFXV will have best OST by default.

Ataxia

The raiding in Balmung is infuriating. How can people still not handle Nidhogg, months later? That and RareX shitting up the groups is just... Argh.
I wouldn't say it's just limited to that server, unfortunately. xD

Ran into people that were struggling on Seph earlier today. Terrible. I'm hoping I can just buy that bird with the next patch. Have enough tokens and I'm honestly so fed up with wiping at this point. Don't mind helping friends clear and stuff but if I'm in a farm I just wanna get it done.

Still find Nidhogg fun, so I suppose I'll work on getting that bird next. Maybe.

Grisby

Couple questions FF14 GAF.

Haven't played for a bit (that Overwatch). Do we know when the next story patch or expansion is dropping? Last time I played was around the conclusion of the Dragonsong story. Tried out the new raid (ozma) and such.

Any other dungeons been added in the last month or two?

Also, I was thinking about cancelling my sub for a while before the next big thing of content. Anything I should know about that? I know that your sub reward/rank stuff wouldn't keep going, but I didn't know if anything else happens.

Nakazato

Final Fantasy XI

Shinryu
Melodies Errant
Ragnarok
Iron Collosus
Tavnazian Archipelago
Fighters of the Crystal
Sanctuary of Zi’tah
Tough Battle #2
Awakening
Selbina
Voyager
Ronfaure
Gustaberg

Final Fantasy XIV

Engage
Under the Weight
Serenity
Westerly Winds
To the Sun
Hard to Miss
Fallen Angel

Take my money !!!!!!

Anyway need to restart. Need a gaming schedule :(((

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Couple questions FF14 GAF.

Haven't played for a bit (that Overwatch). Do we know when the next story patch or expansion is dropping? Last time I played was around the conclusion of the Dragonsong story. Tried out the new raid (ozma) and such.

Any other dungeons been added in the last month or two?

Also, I was thinking about cancelling my sub for a while before the next big thing of content. Anything I should know about that? I know that your sub reward/rank stuff wouldn't keep going, but I didn't know if anything else happens.

Next story patch is coming end of September, so if you're sub's running out you can leave it a couple of weeks at least.

Guess Who

Banned

Final Fantasy XI

Shinryu
Melodies Errant
Ragnarok
Iron Collosus
Tavnazian Archipelago
Fighters of the Crystal
Sanctuary of Zi’tah
Tough Battle #2
Awakening
Selbina
Voyager
Ronfaure
Gustaberg

Final Fantasy XIV

Engage
Under the Weight
Serenity
Westerly Winds
To the Sun
Hard to Miss
Fallen Angel

#NoOblivionNoBuy

dramatis

But if i stop subbing will i never get that cloud suit?

If sub is stopped, you won't get it. You have to keep subbing if you want those vet rewards.

I'm not playing right now, but I made the choice to not pay until I decide to play again.
You have a sub X number of days, not X number of consecutive days. Maybe eventually someday you'll get to the Cloud suit lol

Another way to get it is pay upfront sub, like a batch of months instead of crawling there month by month

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
You have a sub X number of days, not X number of consecutive days. Maybe eventually someday you'll get to the Cloud suit lol

Another way to get it is pay upfront sub, like a batch of months instead of crawling there month by month

3 years to get the advent suit
nope/

ebil

So apparently FFXIV 1.0 had a normal battle theme.

Why don't we have this anymore?
What constitutes a normal battle theme in your opinion? There actually were several battle themes based on the region (Thanalan, La Noscea).

Some of these have been re-incorporated into the game as quest boss or dungeon boss fight themes (on top of my head, the old battle themes for Coerthas and Mor Dhona). Even Mor Dhona's old field theme has recently been put back in Palace of the Dead.

What constitutes a normal battle theme in your opinion? There actually were several battle themes based on the region (Thanalan, La Noscea).

Some of these have been re-incorporated into the game as quest boss or dungeon boss fight themes (on top of my head, the old battle themes for Coerthas and Mor Dhona). Even Mor Dhona's old field theme has recently been put back in Palace of the Dead.

I just remembered that there are battle themes for fighting normal mobs in each region. I tuned them out after a while.

I guess I was thinking why we don't have something more bombastic like the FFXIV 1.0 one then.

Maybe for the xpac.

Dumb question, how do I get into the Palace of the Dead? I stumbled across the quest and completed it, but it's not showing up in my duty finder.

Also, where do I go to complete The Rising? I completed the quest to go around and talk to the innkeepers at the three different inns, and then the quest chain kinda disappeared?

Dumb question, how do I get into the Palace of the Dead? I stumbled across the quest and completed it, but it's not showing up in my duty finder.

The Palace of the Dead is in Quarrymill in the South Shroud. Talk to the Wood Wailer there.

Also, where do I go to complete The Rising? I completed the quest to go around and talk to the innkeepers at the three different inns, and then the quest chain kinda disappeared?

There should be another repeatable quest that shows up from the Crystal Caravan leader.

Zuly

If I had known you guys were on Ultros, I would have joined the FC but I'm already invested in my current FC and I'd feel like a dick for leaving but it's nice seeing other Gaffers around.

I started playing only a few months ago since I got the MMO itch and don't feel like playing WoW again, so I figured I would try something new~

(I still need to get my Yokai weapons and I haven't done medals since I got the mount ;~;)

Redx508

If I had known you guys were on Ultros, I would have joined the FC but I'm already invested in my current FC and I'd feel like a dick for leaving but it's nice seeing other Gaffers around.

I started playing only a few months ago since I got the MMO itch and don't feel like playing WoW again, so I figured I would try something new~

(I still need to get my Yokai weapons and I haven't done medals since I got the mount ;~;)

you got till Oct 3 for the yokai's, the last 3 weapons are 30 medals each.

i'm at the last weapon and rng is not on my side lol

Tonight was the first time a party of mine has booted someone for harassment. I was doing a matched party on PotD levels 1-10, hoping to get lucky with some aether pool upgrades, and this one dude was bossing everyone around - telling us what direction to go and what spells/attacks to use. Dude, it's the first 10 floors. We weren't even going that slow, I think he just wanted to eek every second out of it to the point of being annoying. Eventually someone had enough on floor 8 and opened up a vote to kick him and we did. Ended up friending the person who opened the vote.

Is PotD a good place to level up alts? I did a full run with WHM at lvl30 and a few hours later got to lvl35 (and +20/+20 ish towards a padjali weapon). It was also helpful since I got a sense of how to play WHM in a party towards later levels. I figure it would be a good place to do the same with other classes.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Tonight was the first time a party of mine has booted someone for harassment. I was doing a matched party on PotD levels 1-10, hoping to get lucky with some aether pool upgrades, and this one dude was bossing everyone around - telling us what direction to go and what spells/attacks to use. Dude, it's the first 10 floors. We weren't even going that slow, I think he just wanted to eek every second out of it to the point of being annoying. Eventually someone had enough on floor 8 and opened up a vote to kick him and we did. Ended up friending the person who opened the vote.

Is PotD a good place to level up alts? I did a full run with WHM at lvl30 and a few hours later got to lvl35 (and +20/+20 ish towards a padjali weapon). It was also helpful since I got a sense of how to play WHM in a party towards later levels. I figure it would be a good place to do the same with other classes.
Potd is the place for alts when fates dont cut it. Also lets you fool around with all the abilities in a class.
720 days is 2 years not 3
I cant math.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
PotD is a good place to level when people don't spend 5 minutes every 15 minutes searching every corner of the first 10 floors for mobs they don't have to kill and pomanders they will never use.

Oops, I'm being toxic again.

Is there any benefit doing potd on my 60 job rather than running it with <60 and still getting the 60 weapon at the end?

so the 30 days that came with my purchase of the game is about to expire and its time to resub. looking at the veteran rewards and from what i understand I'll be getting a Fantasia which allows me to change my appearance, can i just leave it in the moogle delivery for as long as i want and just use it like wayyyy later? cause i wanna change to one of the dragon peeps but im going through the base game first atm so I'd rather not buy the expansion just yet

dramatis

so the 30 days that came with my purchase of the game is about to expire and its time to resub. looking at the veteran rewards and from what i understand I'll be getting a Fantasia which allows me to change my appearance, can i just leave it in the moogle delivery for as long as i want and just use it like wayyyy later? cause i wanna change to one of the dragon peeps but im going through the base game first atm so I'd rather not buy the expansion just yet
Yes.

I still have my free fantasia from 3 years ago.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Fantasia is an item you can just hold on to in your inventory. And even if you use it, you can log in without editing appearance for as long as you want, the fantasia flag won't go away until you commit the changes. You can leave it in the mail as well if you want, although there's a limit on system mail you can receive before you have to clean out the old mail, I believe it's 20. Not really a problem for most people I suppose.

i got a 60 day time card at best buy but i don't know how to activate it, it only gives me an option to pay from steam... :( did i just waste my money?

Thorgal

now with the nerf , getting those last few unidentified s was easy .

ffxiv_dx112016-09-0529kzds.png

and since i already had 5 aether oils :

ffxiv_dx112016-09-052zxb8x.png

Leve grinding here i come .

When I first played the trial for this game I started with Archer and got that up to level 15 or so but ended up switching to Gladiator when I bought the game because I heard the queue times were bad for DPS.

Now I'm currently leveling Archer/Bard again and I'm finding it to be interesting so far since they have no combos and a lot of oGCD moves with low cooldowns. I was playing in Palace of the Dead and managed to get to 49 so far and thought it was also cool how your Bloodletter/Rain of Death can reset when that one level 48 trait activates.

I would like to see them make a melee class using a similar philosophy of having a lot of low cooldown moves, reset procs and no weapon combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom