• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV 30th Anniversary Costumes Announced

You fuckin crazy
Redhead Kolin makes my peepee hurt. Capcom make it official pls.

but when?
I wonder when they'd possibly announce stuff coming at the end of or soon after August...

I always thought Ryu was a natural redhead who decided to dye his hair brown for whatever reason.

The red hair also gives credence to the theory that Akuma is his father.
But Akuma isn't a natural redhead either. It became that way as he lost his humanity. He probably had black hair in his youth.

Ryu's hair is naturally a redish brown, but it's darkened as he aged, to the point that it's comic book black (black with blue highlights) in SFIII.

Village

But Akuma isn't a natural redhead either. It became that way as he lost his humanity. He probably had black hair in his youth.

Ryu's hair is naturally a redish brown, but it's darkened as he aged, to the point that it's comic book black (black with blue highlights) in SFIII.

While it isn't canon, the udon books, and I think the weird movie that implied akuma was his dad, also just had him with red hair pre demon. The udon books also suggest to kind a make gouken seem less old, that goken's natural hair color is actually just white. Which is why gouken looks much older than akuma, he's not that much older, its just what happens when white haired characters get slightly older. Get Ready K~!

I like that explanation better, because you can throw out the " ken dye's his hair " thing and just chalk it under " they are weird ass anime characters with weird ass hair color" .

While it isn't canon, the udon books, and I think the weird movie that implied akuma was his dad, also just had him with red hair pre demon. The udon books also suggest to kind a make gouken seem less old, that goken's natural hair color is actually just white. Which is why gouken looks much older than akuma, he's not that much older, its just what happens when white haired characters get slightly older. Get Ready K~!

I like that explanation better, because you can throw out the " ken dye's his hair " thing and just chalk it under " they are weird ass anime characters with weird ass hair color" .

Udon's the most fanfiction of fanfiction, so I only take like 1% of their stuff seriously.

They tried to make Shadow Nash canon.

Village

Udon's the most fanfiction of fanfiction, so I only take like 1% of their stuff seriously.

They tried to make Shadow Nash canon.

Considering most of the SF narrative is basically incoherent fan fiction and they have actually attempted to make some sort of sense with it. I feel like while you can't say its 100 percent canon, there are interpretations of events I feel, and I feel others go " since SF will problably never expand on this, i'll assume this is why its the way it is because no one is bothering to make this coherent"

Teepo671

Oh, I'm liking that new Bipson outfit. Hope there's a chun outfit coming, too. I know she's got too many as it is but I can't get enough as a chun main. D:

Interesting. When was this shown/said?

Two sources of info give it away. Assassin's Fist gives both protagonists (Gouken and Gouki) black hair (since they're Japanese). There's also the fact that Ryu also adopts red skin and hair when he is consumed by the SnH, implying that Akuma's appearance changed too.

Two sources of info give it away. Assassin's Fist gives both protagonists (Gouken and Gouki) black hair (since they're Japanese). There's also the fact that Ryu also adopts red skin and hair when he is consumed by the SnH, implying that Akuma's appearance changed too.

Assassin's Fist is as canon as the comics and animes are...

Neoxon

They don't care that it's an anniversary, they'd release these costumes anyway. Why not give something to the player base instead of selling cosmetics off the back burner.
They're giving away 30k Fight Money for the anniversary. Plus we may get more in this update that could be revealed at Gamescom.

LOL- sorry to quote you like this- but you are in every SFV thread and I wanted to ask you,
what is the latest leak information on SFV?

Will they add any extra modes,super mode,arcade mode and what are the rumored characters that will be announced?

EDIT: And since I suck at the game and spent all my easy 600000 FM,
could I create a new PSN account and earn that easy 600000 FM or will the SFV server know it's the same playstation 4?

Thanks.
Well, kikiribu just answered all the questions. Sorry for the late reply.

Trickster

Yup, but $3.99 each?

As someone who loved to buy costume in SF4, the business approach to costumes in SF5 is such a goddamn travesty. I spend probably 60-80 bucks on costumes in SF4, because the pricing meant that I felt I was getting good value for my money, even if a lot of the costumes were for characters I didn't really play. In SF5 however, I've spend literally 4 dollars to get one costume for my main, that's it.

I don't really play any of these 4 characters, so there's not a chance in hell I'd spend 4 bucks getting a costume for either of them, let alone 16 bucks for all 4 costumes. But, make them a package deal for 6-8 bucks and I'd probably bite.

I want to be a whale capcom, please let me

Raitaro

Yup, but $3.99 each?

For these particular costumes I think they should have done an affordable bundle for them and also made them available via FM as well. Anniversary celebration costumes should be relatively easily obtainable rewards for loyal SF fans imo, not excuses to ask more money from the people who've stuck with SFV. Call me naive but that is my gut feeling here.

Also, does this news mean that that rumored SF collection game is no longer coming? I would be far more interested in that for an series anniversary celebration.

As someone who loved to buy costume in SF4, the business approach to costumes in SF5 is such a goddamn travesty. I spend probably 60-80 bucks on costumes in SF4, because the pricing meant that I felt I was getting good value for my money, even if a lot of the costumes were for characters I didn't really play. In SF5 however, I've spend literally 4 dollars to get one costume for my main, that's it.

I don't really play any of these 4 characters, so there's not a chance in hell I'd spend 4 bucks getting a costume for either of them, let alone 16 bucks for all 4 costumes. But, make them a package deal for 6-8 bucks and I'd probably bite.

super strange your post.

kcxiv

anyone know how to reset the directinput settings? i cant play oN PC anymore, because some buttons have nothing attached to them. I havent found out how to fix it without completely reformatting my PC and im not going to do that again.

Rymuth

The battle costume pack 1 currently on sale for $18

It has 16 costumes.

vg260

Same here. I want to buy lots of costumes, but the value proposition is so bad (yes, even with FM)

Except I haven't bought any yet. I spent the gaming cards I bought specifically for SFV costumes on other games instead.

They couldn't do an anniversary costume bundle?

Platy

Capcom homages SF1 Ryu with one of the palette swaps of his story mode costume:

014.png

Needs more slippers =P

Also a Geki costume for Ibuki, a Mike costume for Boxer,Retsu costume for Akuma, Lee costume for Chun Li, Joe costume for Ken and a a fat version of SF1 Birdie for Birdie

Looks really nice, I don't play any of these characters though.

Only really interested in shoto stuff.

Karin is my favorite though...

That Karin outfit looks amazing but I'm not sure it should exist. Any costume that partially conceals her legs also partially conceals her attacks.

Seijuro

They look nice, but I still hope that more cosmetic DLC is not everything that's planned for the 30th anniversary.

Tizoc

Sorry for the bump but Capcom are gonna show stuff at Gamescom right? Do we have an ETA on when to expect their announcements?
Based on a post I take it we're to see more 30th ann. outifts?

Sorry for the bump but Capcom are gonna show stuff at Gamescom right? Do we have an ETA on when to expect their announcements?

I really hope that Anniversary game comes into fruition.

Ryce

A new MvCI gameplay trailer is dropping tomorrow, so we might hear more about SFV as well, but I'm only expecting a new stage or two at the absolute most. Every season two character reveal has been preceded by days of teasing, so there's definitely not going to be any Menat news tomorrow.

Tizoc

A new MvCI gameplay trailer is dropping tomorrow, so we might hear more about SFV as well, but I'm only expecting a new stage or two at the absolute most. Every season two character reveal has been preceded by days of teasing, so there's definitely not going to be any Menat news tomorrow.

Tomorrow then? Thanks mate, let's see what they'll else they'll show.

Top Bottom