• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Bomberman R |OT| Buggler? I Hardly Know Her!

MouldyK

Bomberman R update 1.4 is live:

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/super-bomberman-r-version-1-4-update-now-available

• Three new characters are now available in the shop. (Vic Viper Bomber, Simon Belmont Bomber, and Pyramid Head Bomber.)
  • Four new VS stages are now available in the shop. (Conveyor Belt Classic, Panic Factory, Plain Floor, and Desert Fort.)
  • Two new series of accessories are now available in the shop. (Item and Snowflake series.)
  • Other than Battle Royale, the Team Battle is now available as a Battle Rule. In this mode, the team with the last survivor wins the match.
  • There are now more ways to win Gems and more Gems available. (Previously Gems could only be earned in the League Battle, but now all VS modes provide Gems.)
  • Adjusted the movement speed of the Power Zone.
  • Other small bugs have been fixed.

The new characters cost 10 gems each. I just earned 150 gems doing a 1 set, 1v1 battle against a weak CPU.

Wait, team battle weren't there before?! o_O

Base.com selling this for £32...might be tempted.

Fastest way to grind gems

Battle royale
1 human vic viper
1 ai weak
Power zone

Use vic viper's special ability twice to get to the bottom right corner, you'll die to the weak ai's first bomb and get 150 gems in 3 seconds

Battle again to repeat

The best change to me as part of Version 1.4 is finally having all maps available when playing online. Before, the game would only randomly choose a stage out of a small selection of five or six.

RobRSG

Just bought it on Mediamarkt for 48€.
Played a few rounds and I'm happy I bought it. Bomberman is surely back!

So I heard you can grind gems by playing battle mode after the patch. So I'm doing it now but it only gives me gems after some matches and not others even though I'm doing the same thing each time. I've been making sure not to blow myself up too.
What are the other requirements?

So I heard you can grind gems by playing battle mode after the patch. So I'm doing it now but it only gives me gems after some matches and not others even though I'm doing the same thing each time. I've been making sure not to blow myself up too.
What are the other requirements?

I think you get gems when you actively blow people up. Self-kills of others don't get you gems

Battle royale
1 human vic viper
1 ai weak
Power zone

Use vic viper's special ability twice to get to the bottom right corner, you'll die to the weak ai's first bomb and get 150 gems in 3 seconds

Battle again to repeat

Amazing thank you! This gets me gems every single time. But if I do this exact same matchup but make it take longer than ten seconds I don't get gems. Strange as hell but who cares, it works!!

Finally finished the story! Any tips for multiplayer battles against the CPU? I'm still having trouble even setting them to weak. To me, it seems like they always know exactly where to go at the last second to avoid getting blown out.

exfatal

Just got the game the other day, takes awhile to find free games a bit faster for league matches. But yeah not very active it seems

Is there any way I can make a NNID on my PC (don't have a Switch yet) and buy this online in case NA gets a discount?

I'd love to have this digitally to play on the go when I get the console later this year (I'm planning to purchase it when SMO comes out).

Is there any way I can make a NNID on my PC (don't have a Switch yet) and buy this online in case NA gets a discount?

I'd love to have this digitally to play on the go when I get the console later this year (I'm planning to purchase it when SMO comes out).
You have to link your Nintendo Account to your console before you get the "Buy" option on the online game store, as far as I know. Unless I missed the obvious "Buy" button when I looked when I was Switch-less. Making an account now and checking yourself won't do any harm, in case I'm wrong.

You have to link your Nintendo Account to your console before you get the "Buy" option on the online game store, as far as I know. Unless I missed the obvious "Buy" button when I looked when I was Switch-less. Making an account now and checking yourself won't do any harm, in case I'm wrong.
Thanks, mate!

Well, this is convoluted as fuck, ugh. After changing the location of my 3DS' NNID from the US to Mexico (as it seems games are way cheaper digitally here, at least nowadays), it won't even let me access the online store now. I'll just wait until I get the console, I guess.

Just bought it, even though Splatoon 2 is around the corner. I just couldn't wait anymore, haha.

I hope you guys in this thread are still playing! I'd love to organize some online matches once I get used to the game a little more and can buy the remaining stages.

The campaign is pretty fun so far. Nice time-waster. I'd love to see my little niece and nephew play it co-op soon, ha.

Putosaure

Just bought it, even though Splatoon 2 is around the corner. I just couldn't wait anymore, haha.

I hope you guys in this thread are still playing! I'd love to organize some online matches once I get used to the game a little more and can buy the remaining stages.

The campaign is pretty fun so far. Nice time-waster. I'd love to see my little niece and nephew play it co-op soon, ha.

Sure ! I'm always keen on finding new regular players to play the game !

Can you seriously not pick what characters you want the AI to be? =/ Or am I missing something obvious?

Battle royale
1 human vic viper
1 ai weak
Power zone

Battle again to repeat
Definitely doing this.

Sure ! I'm always keen on finding new regular players to play the game !
Sweet! Glad to hear. I'll let you know once I'm ready to try my hand at online. In the meantime, here's my FC:

5W-1590-5112-0060

Anyone here that would want to definitely play in the future, please add me!

I really like the stage design on this game. I'm surprised by how well they've used verticality actually. The maze level with the red switches and breakable blocks that you can walk on top and across is a riot!

And the lagoon level with the safe area in the middle is pretty fun too.

You cannot choose the character of the AI to battle with, and the AI is not particularly fun to play against. Unfortunately this game only shines in local multiplayer but oh boy does it shine. We get 20 stages and a lot of the designs are very unique and almost all of them are great fun to play on. The multiplayer NEVER gets old. Especially when you factor in the special characters. This is the best Super Bomberman game for local multiplayer, and probably the best overall.

Zarovitch

I'm not really good online but i like this game.

I wish there are more online players i have hard time finding online games.

Who wants to play right now? I made a number room. Don't care about skill, I just want to play! Room number is 382379.

Come on, GAF, don't be shy.

steveovig

Take this for what it's worth but I booted it up a couple weeks back and found it hard to get in a room in anything but League Battle.

nampad

Take this for what it's worth but I booted it up a couple weeks back and found it hard to get in a room in anything but League Battle.

Thanks, interested in getting this but barely get to do couch MP and if I do, my friends only want to play Fifa/PES.

Top Bottom